How many of you buy Transformers in advance?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Feb 16, 2011.

?

How many of you buy Transformers in advance for hundreds of dollars?

1. I buy Transformers on Ebay in advance!

7 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. I wait

105 vote(s)
    93.8%
  1. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^Most obliged. :) 

2. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    I bought a couple of RotF toys in advance, for higher than US retail price, I'll admit, but definitely not crazy prices. Here in Europe the price difference between buying these in advance from Asia or buying them at retail (if you can even find them) isn't that large anyhow. Still. due to the fact that the toys weren't all that good anyhow, I did regret it, and won't be doing it again.
    The only one I most certainly didn't regret buying in advance on e-Bay was RotF Voyager Bludgeon (in package), which never made it to Europe afterwards anyhow.

3. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    @alldarker: ^In your case it's totally justified.

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I pre-order stuff off BBTS since I don't want to bother finding it in stores. But I don't buy things months in advance for several times the retail cost off ebay or whatever.

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

It it's a toy which will eventually end up at retail, either here or in the US, I will never ever buy it in advance from eBay. The ones I think will be hard to find in a store in the UK (ie all of them) I pre-order from Kapow as soon as the listing is up.

The only figures I've pre-ordered through eBay have been Takara Animated Elite Guard Prowl and Takara Animated Black Optimus Prime. Both I got for significantly less than any online store is carrying them for.

6. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I've only ever done this once before, and that was for Universe Inferno from Heero on ebay - cost £24 loose shipped, which wasn't much more than he would have cost at retail (when it showed up 6 months later in limited numbers).

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope because firstly, it will be available at retail. Secondly, its probably stolen from the factory and we shouldn't "encourage" this type of practice.

8. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Regarding the movie line, I don't even buy them as they hit retail, I wait till they go on clearance sales.
    I hate paying £45 for a leader. £25? sold. I'm not cheap, I just can't afford it.

I DID buy all my animated Leaders and most of the rest at full retail though. Mainly as I loved the line and wanted to show my full support. Even if it meant nothing.

9. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

I did this with ROTF. I got Voyager Megatron, Deluxe Rampage, and Scout Dirt Boss in January and February of 2009. They were definitely not as pricey as these DOTM toys are going for on eBay right now. All of them together were under $100, believe it or not. I won't be buying any unreleased DOTM toys this time, only because I can't spend the ridiculous amount of money. I have other things I need to put my money towards. Like my overdue inspection sticker, and oil change and things like that.

10. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    I paid well over the odds to get a few Alts several months early, but that was it.

11. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I know a few did this with ROTF jetfire. I remember him going for $$$-$$ on ebay.

12. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I bought PPC Bombshock w/drones and PCC Smolder from Deceptigtar about 2 months before they were released retail. I only paid about $15 more total than retail cost, though. I was happy to do it just because I was really excited about the line and the cost was right. I wouldn't pay the crazy prices that I see for pre-release figures on eBay.

13. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Tell you what, When it arrives I'll tell you what it is.

Also I would like to know how to do that spoiler cover up thing on spoiler words.

14. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, never have. There's nothing I want so badly that I can't wait for it to hit retail.

15. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can wait. I like to have my tf's come complete in the package. Now, if I saw something available early that was in it's official packaging, and no more than 20 dollars extra than retail, I might get it. Paying 300 dollars, especially for a loose one, fuck that. If I were rich, I Probably would. Again, it would have to be complete.

16. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Lol.... Mysterious...

17. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Also, when I receive it I'm going to mention what I am going to do next or how I'm going to celebrate.

18. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    u need a 3rd that says sometimes i normally dont but if i find one deluxe for 30 or less or so i sometimes get it

19. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

If I know something will be available for purchase later, I wait. I've never pre-ordered figures, for example, that I know I'll find in stores.

20. 420bot

420bot ******

Surprized no one has mentioned getting figures way early in dumby stores the break street dates, got my ROTF Sideswipe almost three weeks early.