How many of us are ONLY TF collectors? And what would you like to start collecting?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by n_tel_ekt, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    TFs are the only thing I collect seriously, though I do on occasion pick up other action figures and toys. The closest I've got to other collections (as in, wanna really keep nice or put on display) would be my Zoids and some spaceship toy/models.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  2. honcho

honcho BW Megatron Completionist

Ebay:
    Other than Transformers, I also collect chicken antiques, Oingo Boingo merch, Pixar stuff, Alien and Aliens, Jurassic Park, Nightmare Before Christmas, Invader Zim and other things Jhonen Vasquez, Pokémon, Godzilla and Gamera, Aztec and African art. Minor things include animal skulls and DVDs. :rock 

3. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFs, Braves & few other japanese stufs here & there. but TFs will always be my no.1 prority.

Edit: I also collect Anime DVDs too (more to the Mecha/Robots genre)

4. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    only TFs..im not really into toys, i just love transformers and everything to do with them for some reason...i guess its the way theyre more than just figures, the way they transform from one thing to something totally different..its really a special toy

5. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

I collect DVDs (mostly anime) and keychains. And my TF collection is quite small (I'm quite happy with what I have). I also have a small collection of pogs and trading/playing cards (again, mostly anime) as well.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I mainly am only able to get TF toys because of limited resources (money and space primarily). Even here, I've cornered my primary interests to Alts/BTs/MPs and some Classics and Movie toys. When I post a new custom thread in Radicons, it's a big deal for me because often times, that's my new toy for the month. :lol 

I buy comics, but mostly only TF-related at that. My wife and I together do enjoy movies (our DVD collection). I thoroughly enjoy Ghost in the Shell, but I don't get anything other than the DVDs when I can [I want to get 2nd Gig as well as the Bandai movies even if they just compile episodes]. Lisa collects the Muppet Show things, Cars, and Harry Potter things, but even that's minimal as well. I enjoy G.I. Joes, TMNT, Batman, and Robocop things (as well as other movie things), but it's a very odd occurrence when I actually get an item from any of these properties.

Long story short, I'm happy to get what I do and feel very blessed to have what I have :) 

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  7. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Transformers is the only toy line I collect, although I have a few Robotech, and Voltron toys.

I do have another collection, Blu-ray movies:DVDSpot: Front Page

8. nintendofreakgc

nintendofreakgc Bumblebee fan

As well as TFs, I collect TMNT toys. I especially like the Mini-Mutants line Playmates started recently, and of course, the NECA figures.

I buy a fair few GW miniatures, but those generally have a purpose in my army, so I don't consider that collecting as such.

I'd really love to start collecting Lego. The Castle stuff they've got at the moment looks really awesome. Alas, I'm simply too low on money and space.

9. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

Let see... Transformers are my primary, but I also collect MyClones, Mighty Muggs, various Star Wars items, DC (primarily Super Friends related), and assorted SciFi/ Fantasy related items.

10. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Just TFs for me, for quite a few years now. I used to have a bunch of Star Wars and Godzilla stuff, but I sold all that before I went travelling.

11. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Mainly TFs only except for a few Votoms toys (chiefly DMZ series). I bought some Amdriver toys, and while they are neat, now I have decided I don't need any more of them.

12. TheNotoriousROB

TheNotoriousROB Well-Known Member

Just started collecting but Transformers are my primary collection. However, I recently just acquired some Star Wars: The Clone Wars figures and 25th Anniversary G.I. Joes.

13. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I actively collect CD's & DVD's, but in terms of toys, I'm exclusive to Transformers. It's the same situation now as it was back in 1984 - I just don't find non-transforming-robots interesting at all since standard action figures bore the hell out of me. I almost got into Robotech, Macross, etc. but I personally feel those robot toylines are too redundant since they all look so similar.

14. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I use to collect, Star Wars, Simpsons, Movie Maniacs and Transformers....I only collect Transformers now. The coolest toy one out.

I also buy a lot of DVDs but those are not toys.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

15. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

Only a Transformers collector here; though Gundam model kits and Futurama merchandise have tempted me.

16. betetta

betetta guitar face

used to collect some other stuff as a kid but since i restarted it's only tfs for me

tfs are my only geeky thing

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'm mainly a TF collector. Every once in awhile I'll buy a Venom toy that catches my eye or a Power Rangers Zord that looks cool, but first and foremost Transformers is my focus.

I don't consider CD's and DVD's to be close to the same thing as toys.

18. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Do comics and DVDs count? If not then Transformers only for me too. Occasionally I'll see a superhero figure I like, but that's very rare, like one or two figures a year that catch my eye, like the NECA TMNT.

19. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Just TFs, although next year, depending on how good the GI Joe movie figures look, I might start getting those too.

20. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Only TFs.