How many missed out on classics 1.0 and 2.0?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 46+2, Mar 7, 2011.

1. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    Classics started hitting shelves as I was finishing up collecting the G1 figures I wanted. I thought I was almost done. Boy, was I wrong.

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Rises Hand

For Classic I dont Know if they were ever Released but if they were still i would have passed them sicne i didnt knew what transformers was in 2006

For Universe In 2008-9 I was Just A Movie Collector (but now i Collect Non-Movie TF Toys Too!), so i passed on alot of Universe toys Sicne they werent Movie But i did got some Universe toys (alnog some aniamted) but Not Alot of the Line Just a few

Also it seems im Missing in Generations/Reveal the Shield since Hasbro Confirmed that the line is not coming to Latin America (which menas guatemala are nto getting) but well hopefully my dad may get some wehn he goes to USA Later this Month

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    classics was the first line of transformers i collected (when i started collecting them heavily in 2005) so all i am missing is jetfire, devastator (i would have him if wal-mart hadn't gotten rid of layaway) and i am missing skywarp (i got magnus with no weapons wearing my city commander armor, target is just too damn far away to get there when exclusives come out)

universe 2.0 the only new mold i am missing is powerglide, and i do now count the voyagers and ultra repaints as needed for my collection. I did not get the universe starscream repaint though, because that thing is so poorly decoed, it looks like a pile of flaming shit, so yeah, that is not allowed even NEAR my collection

4. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I just started to collect in November and am pretty close in finishing the collection. I have to say I over paid on a lot of the figures.

Now that I know, I would say, as long as your willing to buy loose, you can almost find any figure you want at the original price they sold for or pretty close. The key is patience. I have none, so I over paid.

So not sure how to answer this. I missed out, because I wasn't collecting, but now I have an almost full set.

5. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    My main focus was collecting G1 reissues. When Classics came out I was one happy collector. Why miss the opportunity to get updates of my favorite characters? I'm glad it's expanded from a filler line.

6. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I fall into this category, but more like "I had no interest in buying the toys" until the movie. I was 28-29 when TFTM came out.. finally making real money, and wasting a lot less of it at the bars.

7. toyman

toyman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Had 100% of the Classics and Universe figs and sold out early in 2010 to help fund my house remodel. I started having extreme seller's remorse when the Generations line started hitting.

I am currently in the rebuild stage. It's kind of fun to try and reacquire them all. My wallet, however, is not having as much fun as many of these have increased tremendously over the last year.

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i will just say i have been into transformers since i was 4 when beast wars came out, but i didn't become a collector until 2005

9. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    I lost collecting interest around 1987, sparked up a bit more when Generation 2 came out, completely went away with Beast Wars/Machine, was slightly rekindled with RiD (hey, they're cars again!), exploded when the G1 reissues started, pretty much ignored Armada/Energon/Cybertron (though did grab Unicron), loved (then sold to pay bills) Binaltech/Alts, got giddy over CHUG, almost puked my guts out at Bayformers, and have no interest in Prime or PCCs, and have sold the souls of my first four children to fund 3rd party purchases.

I'm really picky and have been since I was a kid.

10. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I want to start but so far Im restraining myself.

11. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I've been there since the beginning - Alternators got me back into collecting, and then Classics were announced and I was hooked forever. Though lately I've been contemplating swapping some of the classics for Henkei, which even though I'd get a fair amount for selling the classics, the Henkei would still hit the wallet very hard.

12. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I got all of Classics when they were on the shelves. I almost missed Universe cos I didnt have money at the time, but I managed to get them before the prices got ridiculous. I've been keeping up with Generations pretty well (but overpaying at BBTS for the guarantee of having them)

13. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My first Classics was a used Rodimus & then after that...I just lost interest. he was my sole Classics fig for quite awhile.

Later on when when I wanted to play 'catch-up', none was available on the pegs anymore but luckily at around the same time Taktomy Henkei line was just getting started...& the rest is history heh heh :D 

14. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I got into TFs through Animated, so I missed out on Universe, just. I remember seeing Ironhide and Sideswipe in Asda once but I only cared about Animated at the time. Sigh. I paid the price. Luckily I got a Henkei Ironhide instead.

15. Ganjibal Vendef

Ganjibal Vendef Well-Known Member

I think I collected the entire line of Classics 1.0 and 2.0 and have everything out for Generations currently and the first wave of RTS

I really didn't bother with Legends of Cybertron though when they repainted some of the figures to look like G1 one guys, but this was before Legends were an actual size class and not a different line. But I have all of the minicons from classics 1.0.

For Universe 2.0 I think the only Legend figure I am missing is Rodimus, but they still didn't connect the Legend figures into the mainline until ROTF. It was still ones of those Market Six hardly any store got them sort of deal.

But for all of the Deluxe/Voyager/Ultra/normal size classes I have every figure.

16. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
  17. RipCurl

RipCurl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't start collecting until ROTF. I had some classics figures until they were thrown out. Can I ask anyone to recommend me 5 classics/universe figures to own ? taking into account please availability and price and such

18. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

Yea I didn't start collecting until tftm. I was pretty heavy into collecting star wars and the movie turned my head to tfs. I loved the movie so much and hated its figs, so I researched g1 and got into classics. I now have all the ones I want and it was a pain to have to buy on the secondary market.

19. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Classics 1.0 is actually what got me into TFs and figure collecting in general

20. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

Oh don't get me wrong - I was full boar G1 from 84-88/89ish. Lost interest in toys when G2 hit and didn't care for all the transforming monkeys when BW/BM was out, but I did enjoy watching the toon at times on the "Fox Block"

With that being said for no love of transforming monkeys - RID made the return to cars - oh and Ruination - oh and a Prime and Ultra Magnus that combine!? WIN. Since RID - I've completed 90% of the US G1 stuff outside of Pretenders and the Micro stuff picking up reissues and Tarkara/eHobby repaints along the way.

Anywhooo - never bothered to look up TF prices all these years on modern stuff and it's shocking how much some of this is selling for - had no clue, so I feel bad for those of you who are late to the party.