How many missed out on classics 1.0 and 2.0?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 46+2, Mar 7, 2011.

1. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I just didnt appreciate them at the time. But how things have changed. And now I'm searching high and low for good deals. I've discovered that not much else matters to me other than classics. I'm so late. Anyone else?

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thankfully, I've been in since the beginning.

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Me as well. I SAW them, I pass by them for years. Now I miss them and paid heavy price for them.

4. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Alternators and Classics are two lines that I'm glad I never missed a beat on.

5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Same here.
    I'd love to snag Optimus... maybe even NERF Megatron

6. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

They were my introduction to the "gotta have 'em all" side of collecting! I saw the first wave on the pegs at Wal-Mart and told my fiance how cool they were. A couple of weeks later I found out she had purchased them for me as an anniversary present! One of many reasons why she's my fiance now! :lol 

7. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    I did, always a fan...just didn't get it into collecting un I saw universe starscream 2.0 I'm only missing IH, CJ,UM,Skywarp...

8. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I didn't know about them at all until I got the collecting bug last year - now they occupy two shelves of a bookcase :)  If only War for Cybertron had come out a couple of years sooner....

9. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Same here, man. I didn't get into buying toys until TFTM, but didn't think I'd become an addicted lunatic about it, so I passed on just about every Classic I saw in stores around then, except for Voyager Prime & Jetfire. I remember holding Hot Rod in Target one day and putting him back because.. it was Hot Rod. Who knew about five years later I'd pay $35 for a used version of that toy, in addition to an $80 trailer for it.

10. muffinhunter

muffinhunter Well-Known Member

Same here. They came out around the time I was falling out of love with Transformers (the movies to a point and especially Animated brought me back), so I've been looking for a few lately. Peeps sure want a lot for their old Transformers though. :) 

11. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't stress about it. No matter when you started there's always something you're going to miss. G1. Beast Wars. . .

And look at the bright side. You also missed out on all the GOD drama where people were paying $200 EACH for Thundercracker, Thrust and Dirge.

12. ZacharyBinx

ZacharyBinx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This guy did.

I picked up Hot Rod and Starscream at the beginning of the line. And then..... nothing until last year. Catching up hasn't been easy.

So far, all I've got from those 2 lines is Ironhide, Prowl, Hound, Tankor, Powerglide, Skyfall, Hardhead, Darkwind, and Jetfire.

13. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I missed out to a certain extent. I only really wanted Mirage and Bumblebee. At one point I had Starscream but ended up returning him. I've never been a seeker fan but I grabbed him because he was hard to find.

By the time that I decided to collect them they had hit clearance so I got Prime, Megatron, Jetfire, and the 2 pack for $8 a piece and then my friend hooked me up with a CJ for $2. So in a way holding off on them really helped me out.

14. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    With me and Classics it was love at first sight. Even knowing that it just might be the 6 or 8 initial figures I knew I had to have them.

And here we are getting closer and closer to having the entire G1 cast. I'm glad I got on from the beginning because I don't even want to know what the prices are on these things these days.

15. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

I've been on board since RID. Looks like some of you had no interest in TF's until the TFTM came out??

16. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm so glad I've been in since the beginning, I can't bring myself to look at what they're going for on eBay now. It's expensive enough collecting G1s there without throwing Classics into the mix as well.

17. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    FORT FETT with the influx of fans that the movies brought to us we are considered the oldtimers. I was on the boards since either BW or BM.

But I too have noticed since the first movie that a large number of fans are from the first movie to present.

We Geewonners are an aging breed lol

18. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    I got into them a lil late as well. But, I bit the bullet and caught up.

19. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Same here, RID is the line that brought me back. The 1st Classics line was a line I had to have everything from, and I do. They are the only style/line that I have to have all the new molds for and the majority of the redeccos/rapaints.

I still rememeber searching high and low for Jetfire. he was hard to find at 1st.

20. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    I'm a g1er to the death...I admit the movie did spark and plus being to afford them now since I'm an adult...