How many known combiners in the sequel?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by buickanddeere, Oct 16, 2008.

1. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

The ice cream twins, Arcee, Devastator and who else?
    Then there are how many of the "Barricade/Frenzy, Blackout Scorpinoc" types as well?

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I don't think Arcee's a confirmed combiner.

3. AngusDF

AngusDF Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Optimus and Jetfire toys are also rumored to combine.

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I think what buickanddeere meant was that Arcee is made up of 3 bikes, so that when she goes from all 3 bikes to robot mode, the bikes "combine" into one bot.

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I think:

- Acree from 3 bikes
    - Devistator
    - Prime and Jetfire (rumored)
    - Twins I guess

And that's probably it, unless you count Soundwave and Ravage maybe though I would't consider that a combination.

6. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

just because they are twins dont mean that they combine....and just because an ice cream truch slit in half doesnt mean its two seperate transformers either...maybe a trasformer split that ice cream truck in half wiht a weapon? maybe the split is the first step in the transformation and the rest was taken over with cgi....etc etc

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

But has that actually been confirmed? Did I miss that? Or is it just assumed because there were three bikes on set?

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Lets se...

Ocktamis Prime and Jett fire
    devvistater
    RC
    Thetwins (Skidz and Clif jumper)

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Well you could say we don't know anything for sure because something could always get cut at the last minute. Lots of movies have things on the drawing board that don't make it into the movie for one reason or another.

Devastator looks likely since we've heard lots of things from Oric and we've seen pictures of constuction vehicles. The ice cream truck might be hard to call a combiner because they so far seem to only combine in vehicle mode to become two different robots when they go to robot mode. Rumor around that Prime and Jetfire might do the later cartoons trick. Acree so far seems to be a fan only rumor. I don't think we've ever counted minions as combiners in the past so I don't think Soundwave would count.

Plus you never know if they have managed to keep something combiner related hid from us so far.

10. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

That's pretty much what I was asking. Some stuff's been either confirmed by people we know (e.g. things that Orci's actually told us), and some has been 'officially' confirmed by actual reliable but unnamed inside sources.
    But as far as I'm aware, Arcee has had no such confirmation; it's just been assumed because there are three bikes that they'll combine into one robot. It seems just as likely that two of the bikes are backups in case anything happens to the one they're using at the time, or are 'holographic decoys' or something.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

True it's still way early to know everything yet and from the leaks we've gotten here and there it's sounding like they are pulling out lots of new tricks for the Transformers the second go round.

12. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Arcee is no longer a rumor

13. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Yeah, looks like my previous question has now been answered.

So we now appear to have the ice cream truck, Arcee, Devastator and the Prime/Jetfire double team.

14. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    If I were to ask michale bay he'd say 0.

15. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

Well all I gotta say is I hope Alex and Roberto have a fairly good explanation for all the sudden robot on robot action going on (combiners, sickos). Though for me having Bay suddenly say "Hey, we don't have enough robots combining with other robots to create bigger robots, yet. Go ahead and dig up some random G1 character and make it a combiner. Go!" One bot that combines is good and fresh, two is pushing it, three is just getting a little bland, and a fourth is just Power Rangers.

16. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Yeah, I mentioned this when I first found out about Arcee. The first movie had no combining at all, now suddenly everyone's doing it - it's like some new in-craze! I really hope there's a good in-story explanation for it, not to mention the Pretender malarkey.

17. coletown32

coletown32 Member

I hope we don't see the product of a good idea, (combiners) being latched on so strongly , that we see an over-use of a gimmick. It will look rather silly if every character combined with another. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure we all want to see Devestator and maybe one more. I just hope it doesn't make the film "campy".

18. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Too many.