Customs: How many kitbashes/repaints projects are you working on right now?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Solrac333, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I didn't notice until just now that I am working on 6 at the same time. I am putting the finishing touches on 4 and hopefully have the 5th one done tonight or tomorrow. The 6th one won't be done for a while but is coming along nicely. How many are you guys working on?

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Tooooo Many!!!!!!!!!! I have 6 figures that are just getting LEDs wired up for others to paint, and about 4-5 of my own around 80-90% done.

An additional 10-12 anywhere from drawing board stage to 60-70% done. My biggest obstacle, like many is time!

Mon-Thur I work 12 hour days, then I have to cram real life stuff and bashing into the weekends!

3. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Almost complete:

--Galvatron (re-visited my previous one and added new mods and paint--it's thisclose to being complete again--this is done using the 2-pack Energon Megatron)

--Optimus Prime (took apart, chromed the inside of the cab, repainted (hated all the yellow) and added chrome to bot mode and alt mode, need to finish painting the new shade of blue, then it should be done).

--Megatron (heavy modded the chest, repainted in G1 colors, "fixed" his hand--hated the upside down look, and I may mod the head to look more G1).

--Jazz (started on this a year ago with the Botcon Jazz head, still haven't finished it--put it off to finish and work on other stuff).

--Shockwave (needs a couple of more small mods and paint--this is done with Energon Shockblast).

--Jetfire/Skyfire (panel-lined him, just need to repaint--may do a mod to the backpack).

--Bumblebee (repaint)

--Cliffjumper (repaint/head mods)

**the above are all Classics/Universe projects**

Half-way complete:

Bruticus/Combaticons (doing individual head mods still and finishing up mods on most bots--may re-do Vortex completely--done in Classics/Universe style).

--Universe Ironhide (repaint/touch-ups)

--Universe Ratchet (repaint/touch-ups)

Planned Projects for the near future:

--Superion/Aerialbots (have all the bots, parts, and components needed--just need to get to work on it).

--Defensor/Protectobots (have most bots, parts, and components--just need to pick up a few more things and start work on it).

--Devastator/Constructicons (have all bots, parts, and components needed--actually started planning this after Ptitvite posted his masterpiece and I started on this a good year and a half ago, just put it aside for other projects).

--Powermaster Optimus Prime (have most parts, just need to plan it out and do it).

--Scorponok (from Energon Scorponok--plan to repaint him more G1 style--maybe add a few mods here and there).

--Alpha Trion (from Cybertron Vector Prime--repaint and head mods planned).

--Universe Trailbreaker (from Crossover Wolverine--plan to do head mods with styrene and putty, then repaint).

--Kup (this one is staying under wraps until I finish planning--it's an idea no one has used or come up with yet).

--Slugslinger (from Energon Slugslinger--planning repaint/minor mods).

--TFTM Voyager Prime (planning a simple repaint to make it look better).

--TFA 2-pack Megatron (deciding between a G1-style repaint, a complete overhaul into a Super Megatron style, or a Galvatron repaint/mod).

**the above are Classics/Universe style projects, with the exception of the TFA and TFTM figures**

**there are probably tons more--I have a tendency to start tons of projects, then take a break and start others, so I literally have quite a few that are either near completion or close to being at the paint stage.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  4. big hank

News Credits:
    hXcpunk23, NICE LIST!!:thumbs2: :scalper 

5. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

ugh, a bunch. There's the non-transforming legends Onslaught, Universe Deluxe Warpath, Legends class ROTF Slugslinger, and a ton more. Those are the ones on the backburner for now, i'm keeping them aside because i want to focus on one project at a time now, starting with ROTF Vehicon Thrust. If that goes well, i might crank out more vehicons and then get back to older projects.

6. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I have 4 or 5 but they're all in the prep phase, I'm waiting til I've moved house to start any properly.

7. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Thanks, big hank--now I just need to actually work on them instead of adding to this. I'm always plotting and planning, so expect this list to get larger. lol

And thanks, Rhinox--seeing your list reminded me to add Slugslinger to mine (had it planned for a while, but for some reason I always toss the repaints aside and go for the more intensive builds). Still looking forward to seeing that Warpath.

8. big hank

News Credits:
    Can't wait to see SlugSlingers from you guys!

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Hmmm, let me check, I've got:

-Movie First Aid (Repainted ROTF Legends Ratchet to not look like crap), just passed the 50% mark, got a long way to go still...
    -Energon Nemesis Prime (Repainted Energon Leader Prime to make it awesome), Roughly 65-70% done, still need to do some work on the symbols but he's looking better than the normal E. OP EVER did.

While it may not seem alot, I just finished my Animated Maverick (6-month project in a total repaint/slight modification commission on an Ani. Bumblebee) and Universe Mudflap (2-months, made from an X-Overs Wolverine with all the Marvel traits removed and given a real TF Faction: Decepticons), so I'm currently at a slow point in custom making. I've got some other commissions lined up, however, that I'll start working on when the commissioner or I can aquire the figures.

10. Rhinox555

Which figure did you choose for Slugslinger, or is that a little more than you want to reveal right now?

11. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Energon Slugslinger (it's up top in that long list of mine)--I'd like to do one more G1-styled, but I have too many other projects I want and need to complete first, so if I do one like that, it may be a while. This will probably be a simple repaint, maybe a few mods, and a new head (probably a little more G1-styled).

12. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:

Rampage
    BK Devastator
    Cybertron Mode DEmolishor
    Grindor

13. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    I saw that Cybertron mode Demolisher that you're working on Limewire while taking a break from a custom. It looks pretty nice so far, man. Can't wait to see more of it (it does give off that War Within Grimlock feel also--as something said in that thread). Good luck with it, bro.

14. Solrac333

Ebay:
    Eeesh! Lots of projects. I just finished one of my six but I forgot I had another one so I'm back up to 6 again. Will be posting the one real soon. I also have 3 actual kit bashes that need to be painted. So I guess that brings my number up to 9.

15. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Classics
    ======
    -Powermaster w/Apex Armor (80% done. Just need to paint the Apex Armor)
    -RoadBuster (90% just needs to be painted)
    -WheeJack (0% got the figure but nothing done to it yet)
    -Shockwave(0%)
    -IDW Grimlock(10% minimal mods done from a Transmetal Megatron and a new head.)
    -IDW Swoop( 90% simple repaint done from a cybertron Brimstone. And maybe a ROFT Breakaway head for the aviation goggle look.)
    -Warpath (0% will be done from a deluxe movie Brawl with a lot of mods.)
    -Sixshot ( This doesn't even get a percentage because it's still on the drawing board and research phase.)

Got some movie stuff I'm working on but it isn't anything that isn't already be thought of and posted on the boards just leds and joints and what not. Only one worth mentioning is the Voice helmet Bumblebee with battle mask down.

16. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HA Bumblebee - still need the minor details and finish puttin him back together
    Ironhide - need more paint

17. Rhinox555

Sounds good.

18. motunercustoms

motunercustoms Banned

Right now I have 1 TF, 3 Joe vehicle, and 2 MOTU projects going. I have vowed not to start anymore until these are complete.

19. Solrac333

Ebay:
    Just finished 2 more. Now I have 7 left to go.

20. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

Just one for now...Computron. Have all individual bots modded..need to mod their heads and make them combine. I haven't worked on them for at least a few weeks because I just got a house...so all my kitbashing is going into it. Should have the house transforming by mid november with a cool rocket launcher for an arm...that'll teach the neighbors to steal my newspapers hehe.