How many just love the toys without exceptions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by collectthem, Aug 12, 2010.

1. collectthem

collectthem Banned

I collect Transformers period. I buy a LOT. I buy them because I like them, I also know they are toys. My question is, who collects toys and never bitches about the small dumb things. I see people saying the shade of white wasn't "what they prefer" or they didn't like the blue eyes. I really don't understand it, its like people wait for new release photos just to bitch. Anybody just love the toys AS IS?

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I don't see the purpose in buying something I don't like. So no.

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    For the most part that sounds like me...I do my fair share about complaining but it's usually about things I just don't care for, but its rarely about paint and silly small things like that. I appreciate the engineering for most of them even if I end up not liking the toy much.

4. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If the 'small dumb thing' doesn't cripple the toy, then I don't mind them. Also, when I'm deciding what to buy, the color usually doesn't bother me (i.e. Blue Fallen) if the toy is really good. However, on the other side of that, if I like a different available color better, I'll buy that version instead.

5. collectthem

collectthem Banned

Design flaws I understand but I agree with you guys.

6. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I used to buy everything and anything. I never have a gripe with any of them. But as my collection grows, I have to be more selective. So I'm starting to get to the stage where I will actually look at one and ask "Do I really like this?" That question has actually kept me from buying any of the new HFTD deluxes. But on the other hand, I love PCC's to death.

7. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Nope. I love to bitch and rant about everything.

What's the point if you can't bitch?

8. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    QFT..

I've never understood the completists who would buy anything relating to Transformers just because it exists.

9. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    As some of you know, I have unconditional love for G1 toys.
    I still bitch about them, cuz some of them are just plain ugly, but I still love them none the less.

The rest is free game however...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  10. Thyme

Thyme Disciple of Yun-Harla

I to "buy a LOT" of Transformers and I’m not really that picky on how accurate the toy looks. Sometimes if the Transformers product looks a little different from the figure prototype, it may have something to do with the manufacture company’s copy right agreement much like in the video gaming industry where a character from Play Station 3 will have to under go a couple of small changes to the character’s look and story plot in order for it to be used in another game system say like Xbox 360.

... good thread by the way *thumbs up*

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I have never been and never will be a perfectionist and that extends to my transformer collecting so minor imperfects don't bug me nor do changes Initial design or not being fully screen accurate.

Design flaws if they are minor and don't impact the toy much i can live with them if they are major I usually pass on the toy.

12. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As long as small dumb things are not like the crappy transformations that were found in Armada and Energon then I buy them just because I like them. Small things like shade of white doesn't bother me.

13. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

If i like it then i buy it. If I have complaints then I don't buy it. I speak with my wallet. With all the different re-paints and exclusives, i can't afford to be a completist. But I do like watching peaugh's reviews on Youtube and don't mind listening to his complaints cuz they're usually valid.

14. collectthem

collectthem Banned

Some of you are misunderstanding, I dont mean buy blindly. Im talking about bitching at the wrong shade of red used on Optimus prime, or the facial expression isnt correct.

15. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

Just like WFC Optimus, why are the glowing parts painted in red-ish pink. They should've done it in clear plastic! *angry*

16. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That isn't me lol, color is so important for my collection.:lol 

Every figure I buy, I want it to be the most screen accurate interpretation of the character possible. This isn't the 80s anymore, color the toys as they look on the show and i'm fine. I won't normally bitch if the color shade is wrong but sometimes, I just can't help myself.

Remember Anime Correct G1 Galvatron? That was far from Anime Correct.... he was a hot pink/purple instead of the dark purple/blue he was on the show.

Another toy that made me upset was Armada Tidal Wave. Why couldn't Hasbro or Takara match his cartoon look?

17. collectthem

collectthem Banned

Just because you want something a certain way, dose not mean its that easy to do. I also dont understand why "screen accuracy" is that important. They come really close with the technology they use. They are toy representations, if accuracy is that important, Sideshow makes really expensive statues.

18. GUNRAPT0R

GUNRAPT0R Aerialbot

Me with Cannon Bumblebee. I consider it my first transformer I collected (I used to have a ** up Armada Starscream). I didn't care about the chest not being able to split like the other figures. I loved it because it was still BB and a Camaro.

19. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hey man, just throwing in my :2c: , I didn't know you were going to kick me out of the fandom because I like my figures to be screen accurate:lol .

Sorry but i'm not sheep, I won't just love everything hasbro/Takara throws at me.

20. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I just buy what looks cool! If the elbows are wonky or something by design, so what? I only complain if there is a glaring QC issue with my toy like loose joints or cracking plastic. I love all of my Transformers toys... except Armada Cyclonus, he can go to hell.