How many is too many?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Deadfett, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Deadfett

Deadfett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would like to ask you all a very simple question, at what point does your collecting go from a hobby to an obsession?

My wife asked me last night while we were trying to pick a DVD to watch why I needed 7 different versions of the 86 movie on DVD. I explained that they were all bar 2 slightly different

First Canadian DVD release, with "oh shit" in it, superman style opening
    First uk DVD release with "oh shit" in it, star wars style scrolling
    2 uk versions without "oh shit" in them, 2nd one bought cause all the artwork, logos and speel are not from movie n that made me giggle
    The uk reconstructed version
    The American 20th anniversary edition
    The uk tin 20th anniversary edition

Now that being said whenever I watch it I only ever grab the first uk one as it's the version I grew up with but with added haughtiness of swearing! Or I'll watch the bluray. I have and never will watch the 2 standard uk versions, will probably never watch the Canadian again. The reconstructed I think is one you only need to see once. The two 20th anniversary editions are great for extras.

I knew I hit too much when I bought the version with wrong artwork just cause, what about you? What part of your collection shows where it went from a collection to obsession?

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Having a serial case of deja vu here, I am...

3. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I only think it's an obsession when it interferes with other stuff that should take priority in your life. If you have the $$ to buy all those variants and still control your other obligations in life, then I don't think it's a problem.

Someone who is obsessed would buy all those instead of paying his electric bill or something

4. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives TFW2005 Supporter

Just about exactly what I was going to say, it usually doesn't begin to approach addiction until you begin to.. how to put it.. harm yourself or others around you in any given way.