How many folks on the Board own Every US G1 Fig

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Parsox, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Parsox

Parsox Lieutenant

I am thinking of collecting the G1 pretenders and got to wondering how many folks own the complete set of US G1 figs(not just pretenders but all figs) with all accessories (just weapons or other pieces of plastic that came with the fig.....not manuals or packaging)

What was your most difficult piece to find?

v/r
    Parsox

2. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

I don't own them all now, but when I was a child in the 80s I used to own pretty much every G1 TF that was produced from 1984 to 1986. Some got damaged and lost over the years. Thankfully my parents saved the ones that were in good shape for me. :D 

However, I do remember buying them on the shelves, and the hardest ones to get were Soundwave, Optimus Prime, Shockwave, and Megatron. Just to name a few. :p 

I know this probably doesn't answer your question, but I hope this inspires ya to keep collecting! ;) 

3. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

If you check out the collection thread in this forum you'll see some complete G1 sets. That also does not really answer your question but the master collections sticky should give you an idea.

4. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Just to get the list going:

Vroom
    Thunderwing
    Bumblejumper

5. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *raises hand*

And yes, I'd agree that a complete Vroom and Thunderwing are toughies.

6. Hotspot17

News Credits:
    I envy you ams. I bet you sleep really well at night knowing you got a full complete G1.

7. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I say we rob ams. Im kinda close hope to finish soon

8. Hotspot17

News Credits:
    I know a friend who is done with his G1 USA collection once told me, "You will never be done, there's always something else you will need.":cry 

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It really is true. I've got a list of at least 30-40 items that I know I need to "upgrade" at some point. Stuff I bought when I was a novice at collecting loose figures... when I wasn't terribly patient and bought without waiting for the best specimen. I've got a Rumble with floppy legs, a Powermaster Prime with some sticker wear, etc. And there's been so much to keep up with over the past few years, I haven't really been able to go back and deal with those.

And don't get me started on Japanese G1... aside from white Shuffler (which haunts my dreams), I'm missing some of the Micromaster teams that had different decos than their US counterparts, and I don't think I have that green Sparkbot.

I'll get around to it all one day. TF Animated isn't really floating my boat, so I may go back to the G1 stuff next year.
    It's funny, the stuff in my collection I'm most proud of is the weird stuff... every variation of every Playskool Go-Bot, every variation of every Spychanger mold, etc... There are tons of people on here that have awesome G1 collections. I could never be a MISBer myself, but I sure do love the look of a pristine MISB G1 collection. It's like time travel back to TRU in 1984! :thumb 

I got a little photo box for my birthday, so I'm hopefully going to get stuff into the Collections forum in the coming months.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007