How many figures will come out for the "Transformer: The Movie" line?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Leonhart621, May 31, 2007.

1. Leonhart621

Leonhart621 Need more money

Just curious before I start collecting them. Really don't have the space in my room if they plan releasing figures just like the Cybertron line.

2. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Oh they'll milk it for all its worth

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yeah dude, there's way more stuff coming down the pipeline than Cybertron had...now's definitely the time to be picky:) 

4. Leonhart621

Aww man, this really sucks. Don't have the space for all of them.

Well there's only one thing to do. Buy only Optimus Prime and Megatron

5. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    not me, Megatron looks eww

6. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

who really knows...
    Now I love the new Meg, the design is amazing.

7. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I think the question should be more do you like/buy repaints or not?

8. Leonhart621

Which is why I created this thread. I saw another repaint of Hardtop, a "exclusive" figure at Target. Along with him was Arcee and Signal Flare (I think that's the name). I was about to buy them along with Optimus Prime but hesitated because like I said before, there's no more room in my room.

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I'm making the choice easy. I am only buying one of each figure that actually appears in the movie, plus the real gear guys and the little robot heros guys. From that point, anything that catches my eye I guess.

10. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

Same here.

11. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    More than meets your wallet.

12. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can see what you're getting at - limiting your purchases by only allowing one version for each figure - but I don't see how that makes it easy. For some it will be, becauase they have only one or two figures, like Bonecrusher or Frenzy. But how does that make the choice for an Optimus or Megatron easier? There are 6 transforming Optimus toys - Leader, Voyager (normal), Voyager/Robovision, FAB, Protoform, Legends, Cyber Slammer - and 4 transforming Megatron toys - Leader, Voyager, FAB, and Legends - to choose from. Many of those have distinct advantages over the others, whether it's price, aesthetics, features, size, etc. Thus, I don't really agree that only buying one version will make it easier, in fact it will make it harder, because if you stick with your rule, then once you buy, say, Leader Optimus, but find a few months down the road that there's not room in your display for him, you might be kicking yourself over the extra $20 or $30 you spent when you should have picked up a Voyager or Deluxe/FAB Prime.

But hey, whatever works.

And more to the topic, I don't think we've got a confirmed list of releases that matches the total number of Cybertron releases, but you also have to remember that they cut new molds for at least 2 size classes - Ultra and Supreme. Also, there're a lot of upcoming deluxes we haven't seen yet or only saw recently, like the "Armored Truck" and "Pickup Truck" and the (relatively) recently seen Arcee, 2009 BB, and Dreadwing.

13. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

well that's easy too, I buy the best version of toys like that, so for Prime and megatron I am buying the leader class, since they are the best to me. FAB, Cyberslammer are kiddie toys so no buy for me. Legends are craptacular, regret buying the cybertron ones, so I won't make that mistake again.

Basically I am an informed consumer, I read all the reviews before I purchase a toy and I pick the version of the character that gets the best review, but basically here is my breakdown

Deluxe

BB, Jazz,Brawl, Barricade, Scorponok,Bonecrusher

Leader
    Megatron
    Prime

Voyagers
    SS
    Ironhide
    Ratchet

Blackout

may pick up the larger frenzy

That's it....no other versions, no repaints of olf figures I already have from other lines in movie packaging.

Space and price is not an issue either...always have room and money....And having to choose is something you have to do anyway, unless you are going to buy EVERYTHING and trust me, I learned a long time ago it is hard to buy EVERYTHING and ultimately a waste, however like I said YOU WILL HAVE TO CHOOSE YOURSELF, not just me. Unless, of course, you are planning on buying everything. Choosing just comes with the hobby.

14. Muck

Muck Active Member

Similar to Megs, I'm just going to buy what I like.

15. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll be getting any Starscreams. After that I'll get what catches my eye. I don't have to buy it all nor do I plan to.