How many fans here would love to see a new BW game released?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rdfnd1253, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

Like the title states, I was curious to see how many transformer fans would love to see a new BW game that is accurate in terms of bosses fought at the end of levels and some type of storyline pertaining to the BW history? Do you think its possible this may one day happen or not likely?

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I think it's utterly impossible that we will ever get such a thing, but I still yearn for a decent BW video game.
    Surely with the modern specs of current consoles they could practically reproduce the graphics and animation of the actual show from around 15 years ago?

I've never played the original PS1 version or the Japanese Transmetal game but I have seen footage and frankly they look like shit.

We badly need a new BW game, alas, I fear it is nothing more than a dream...

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I hope it happens, but until Hasbro stops using the Autobots and Decepticons again. I'm afraid that BW fans are going to be forced to dream of better times in the future.

I really wish Transformers games were more like the Star Wars Battlefront games. Would had been nice to have the G1 era, then the Beast Era, and then something else in one game.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    There were three BW games already, and none were that good. Seeing as its a franchise that hasn't really been truly relevant for 10 years, I think it unlikely, unless its tied into another game with wider appeal.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If they could do something on a par wth WFC I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

6. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I'd be down for a good quality Beast Wars game, definitely.

7. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

There were 3 bw games? I know there was the original BW game, and a TM game.....but i don't remember another one.

8. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Unless a new show is made, its never happening.... But Beast wars for PS1 and N64 was very good games.... I still play them both to this day.
    But ya, don't even get your hopes up because it is never happening which kind of sucks but Autobots and Decepticons are wayy more known in the world then Maximals and Predacons...
    But either way, Beast Wars was great well it lasted but I doubt we will see anything new in the future..... Maybe toys and comics but THATS IT.... :cry 

If you want one that bad.... Pick a game to make a mod on and work on it!
    I Suggest Half Life 2.

No, its not bad at all.... Its the best Beast Wars game out....
    I suggest you play it before you say it looks like shit.... It was pretty dam fun!
    The N64 was ok.... Just didn't like the controls and the AI were pretty stupid in the N64 version.

9. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    There was a Japanese only Game Boy title that featured characters from pre-Transmetal Beast Wars, Beast Wars 2, and Beast Wars Neo

10. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I don't think Beast Wars or any of the pre-Earth stuff could work as a WFC style game. Before the Beast Wars, there was a peace time on Cybertron, and on Earth there weren't tons of drones to be shooting at like WFC had.
    I think Beast Wars would work more appropriately as a 2D fighting game rather than a shooting game. A 2D fighting game usually has a set of established characters, and pretty much everyone important is playable. No "drones". There was a Beast Wars fighting game on Gameboy, and it was Japan only because it had Japanese characters the rest of the world wouldn't recognize.

11. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    If they made basically the War for Cybertron DS games but with BW characters, I'd be very happy. A boss of the Predacon campaign, if it follows from the cartoon, could be G1 Prime. Say, when BW Megatron enters the Ark, G1 Prime is accidentally revived, and that's the boss. When BW Megatron defeats him, then there's Optimal Situation, where the Maximal Campaign links in.

While it's one storyline, the Maximal campaign doesn't start after the Predacon campaign ends. Rather, they both occur at the same time. Like one Predacon mission would be to rack up as much destruction as possible in the Protomonkey valley - while in the Maximal campaign, this is a Dinobot level. Both make up the Code of Hero level. Some rare levels are only for one character at first, but once you complete them you can play as whoever.

The final levels - Predacon final bosses would be against Tigerhawk and later Optimal Optimus. Final Maximal boss would be TMII Megatron.

Just some ideas I had.

12. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Sorry I should have made myself more clear. I meant they literally look bad, as in, the graphics and environments look poor, even judging them by the standards of the time.

They may very well be a hoot to play, but going by appearances alone, they look dull as heck.

13. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've owned both the Beast Wars & BW: Transmetals games on the Playstation. My personal take:

Beast Wars sucks. The archaic charm of its jagged polygons, awful voice acting, terrible level design, and gameplay that forces you to tread carefully in beast mode unless absolutely necessary wears off quickly once you're 10 minutes in. Aside from the names and playable characters, the game bears no resemblance to the source material (either the toyline or the cartoon). I beat it once with the Predacons and sold it.

BW: Transmetals is an alright 1 on 1 brawler, but the fighting system is too shallow to keep anyone interested for long. Still, what's there is good for killing a half hour if all you want is mindless thrashing. The horrible cut-scenes will make you appreciate the cartoon even more for having the decency to keep the camera still instead of jerking it around every second.

Anyway, whether the logistics of a new BW game ever getting made are sound or not, I'd love to see a new game. When I saw trailers for the DLC game, Flower, and saw entire fields of individual, swaying strands of grass, the first thing I thought was how that could look in a BW game. Forget the pre-BW ideas set on Cybertron. It's called "BEAST Wars". It needs to be set on prehistoric Earth in the wilderness. I imagine an entire world filled with every imaginable terrain and teeming with enough wildlife for the characters to blend in where possible.

Every character from the show needs to be represented. Beyond that, I don't know. But each character would have to boast offensive and defensive movesets for both robot and beast modes. None of this business like in the 1st BW game where you're completely helpless in beast mode. Each character should sport abilities unique to them and their beast modes.

In addition to creating a fully realized, original world to explore, key locales from the cartoon must represented as well. I don't want to just see the Axalon off in the distance. I want to be able to take the elevator up into the ship and explore every corner of it from the bridge to the crew quarters to the engine room. Same with the Predacon ship, Tarantulus' lair and other significant landmarks from the show.

Instead of breaking the game up into levels, I'd divide the action up in terms of missions that are diverse enough to keep the action from getting stale, but which all take place within the same general region. A quick example would be the mission/world setup of Jak 2 and 3. Same world, many missions within it.

As far as the story goes, I have no idea. A retelling of the story from the show which covers events from all 3 seasons? Something new incorporating the toy-only cast along with the cartoon cast? Something new with just the cartoon cast? I don't know. Not really worried about it though.

14. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    If they could make one that wasn't as terrible as the BW game for PS1, I'd be happy.

15. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the best people can hope for is a few BW characters added to the list of playable characters in a TF game.

16. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I would looooove a Beast Wars game. I'm not expecting them to make one, like ever, but it'd be cool nonetheless.

And I'd be happy if they stuck Beast Wars characters in a playable game as the above poster mentioned, too.

17. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Unless we get a good modder, its never happening....
    I'm only good at modding with old games.... But thats it....
    Plus making the models are really hard....
    I mean if I knew more.... I would love to work on one but my skills on making mods are at a limit.

18. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I really hope on eday we can see a really in depth TF fighting game with practically every well known character. They'd have to include some Beast Warriors!

19. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

Graphics these days are better than the actual beast wars show, so designers would either have a big project or a bad looking game.