How many DOTM toys does your store have?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by guard convoy, Jun 27, 2011.

1. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    my wal-mart is insane, there must be nearly 500 deluxes ALONE in my store (it must be close to that, there are 5 separate sections jsut for transformers OVERLAODED with deluxes)

and nearly 100 voyagers.....it is insane, never in my life have i seen this many transformers in one store

so how overloaded are your stores?

if it is wave 1-3 there is NOTHING scare, hell they even restocked generations, warpath, kup, wheeljack, thundercracker, scourge, it was all there, got two scourges for myself.....had to be 30 generations figures

wal-marts are finally getting caught up after almost a year being behind, it is mind blowing

2. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    my walmart has a huge section in the aisle. a display in the toy section and a display near the one entrance closest to the toy section. Oh, and a hidden supply of deluxes on an endcap not far from the display near the entrance.

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Heh. Yeah, the Wal-Mart here is just loaded to the brim with Deluxes. Leaders were selling surprisingly well, that is until they restocked them the early last week. Sentinel is the big seller out of wave 1, of course, but Bumblebee...heh.

Voyagers were selling well. Megatron and Ironhide sold out, all except for one Megatron and one Ironhide. We're now sitting on a shit ton of Optimus, four of the helicopter guy, and two Shockwaves.

And now there are floor displays, three pallets, an endcap and an aisle. I sure hope the movie gets people interested in buying, because they won't stock new anything for a long, long time if these don't sell.

I know Hasbro wanted to make sure everyone had enough stock to cover their bases, but the bases are loaded and everyone's left the seats. lol

4. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Overloading on merchandise for the movie. Its a good time to be a fan. Hopefully there are good sales soon.

5. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    so far, none

6. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

target, wal-mart, and mijer(local midwest chain) have a ton and i still only managed to find the only Sentinal prime left in my town

7. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So many Primes and Bumblebees.

No Voyager Shockwaves. :|

8. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I just hope that stuff starts clearing out fast before Walmart starts consolidating displays, cause there is nothing in these waves that I still want or need. Really, really hoping that this doesn't stop us from having to chase after figures, but I think we could be screwed on HA figures again this time around.

9. bdougwrx

bdougwrx Well-Known Member

Went into TRU the other day and they had a 20+ foot area by the door that was all DOTM, I just stood there thinking "You guys are so not going to sell all this stuff."

I can easily walk into any of the 3 local Walmarts and pick up 10 Leader BB and 30+ Voyager OP.

10. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    It sounds like stores are once again counting on the movie toys to move big time.

There's one super walmart by my that has three different TF sections. They're trying their hardest to make it a treasure hunt to find what you're looking for.

The regular isle has wave 1 & 2 items, but no HA basics/Legends.

An end cap 2 isles down with HA basics/legends, wave 2 & 3 of the deluxes, wave 1 voyagers and wave 1 leaders.

Finally the last section by the main enterance is loaded with various TF licensed merchandise along with wave 2 voyagers, and wave 1-2 of everything else.

11. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My walmart yesterday was FULL. The section in the toy aisle had about 100 deluxes, probably 30 voyagers and 10 or so leaders. The endcap had another 100-120 deluxes, with alot of them being the walmart exclusive OP. They also FINALLY got HA roadbuster, which I grabbed. Then there was another section dedicated to about 50 HA basics, another 100 deluxes or so, and another 30 or so voyagers.

12. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

*this thread is...less useful without pics*

:D 

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'd have to use the term butt load to describe it.

It's so many that it wouldn't all fit in the toy section they had for Transformers so they have put them in different parts of the store. Some of it on end caps in other parts of the toy department and some of it is upfront where they have a display for things like Transformers shirts and back packs.

With so much stuff it's hard to tell if it's moving well or not. Which kind of makes me worry about the release of the Transformers Prime line if they can't move a huge amount of movie toys before then.

14. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

My Walmart isn't very packed at all...maybe 70 or so deluxes, 10-15 Voyagers. Still neither exclusive Prime. *sigh*

15. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    mine has tons of stuff, and sadly most of it is freakin deluxe and leader Bumblebee

16. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    In addition to the regular TF space
    New end cap
    New pallet down the aisle
    New display near entrance, toys and TF licensed merchandise

Overloaded with Voyager Optimus and Leader Bumblebees.
    No exclusive deluxe Optimus, Nothing new on generations though.

17. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's movie release week. Every store that carries them wants to be loaded to the gills with product, especially since they'll be in circulars and likely on sale everywhere.

18. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    My Wal-Mart has a couple of areas set up - one near the front of the store with an endcap full of deluxes, about half of one side of an aisle filled with shirts, deluxe Primes, pillows, DS and Wii DOTM games, ROTF games; in the toy section is the regular TF area with deluxes, HA basics and regular HA, cyberverse (to include the Rodimus pack), activators, battle bots and some leaders. There are also a few pallets with the same stuff nearby and a Voyager endcap.

I think they're up to deluxe wave 2 (the one with Jolt and Barricade), Cyberverse wave 1, wave 2 of playsets, wave 2 of voyagers and wave 2 for leaders. There have been a couple of leader Ironhides hanging out there for a few days. But I think they are way overstocked on wave 1 of everything. They're swimming in voyager Primes and Megatrons.

19. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    My local WM, Target, TRU are packed as well..

but what's so funny about all of this DOTM saturation, the week of May 16th, everyone was moaning and crying as to why DOTM toys were not out on their shelves and now we're swimming in them.. hahaha... :lol 

20. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

This.