how many bought the newer TF figures online instead of waiting for stores to buy them

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigermegatron, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I bought blurr,dirge,terradive & tomhawk on-line from hasbro. because it made sense as I was saving 20% from the promo codes.

doing all those toy hunts,wasting gas & come home empty handed is my idea of a fun time. it borders more on a wasted time.

2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Geez, I haven't seen wave 2 of Generations yet in stores. That being said, I ordered wave 3 from Hasbro Toy Shop. This is the first time I've had a later wave before and earlier wave.

3. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Thanks for inventing warm water.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yep, I got Dirge and Blurr through the TFCC store about a month ago. Totally worth it, I got them before they even hit shelves here and sure I had to pay shipping but I would have paid that in gas driving everywhere for three weeks trying to find them.

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I got them all online as well. Still have not seen them locally,

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I've bought the overwhelming majority of new TF releases online since HftD, PCC and Generations started. Beyond the first wave, it's been impossible to find anything new locally and I don't have the time to hunt for toys that I used to. Online ordering is just a lot more convenient.

7. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    When it comes to mass produced toys I rather buy them locally. I like to see what I'm buying. I like to chose the figure with the best paint apps possible.

8. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think I've ever done that.

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I live in the UK. :mad 

We'll be lucky to see about two thirds of what the US get at retail so we're left with very little choice but to buy online for a lot of figures. Especially since most of the pre-orders are up many months in advance of the potential wave releases, and even then we have no idea which ones we'll get and which ones we won't.

I prefer not to take the risk of missing out and just pre-order everything from Kapow as soon as they are up on the site.

10. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if i want the figures, i don't have a choice- i gotta pre-order online or risk being left to the whims of eBay.

i can't drive and depend upon relatives or friends, that when they go on shopping trips, i try to tag along. and really, that isn't reliable or consistent enough to make things feasible.

without online retailers, my collection would be FUBAR.

11. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer to buy at a local store as I like to see what I am buying. But lately, I have been ordering the new stuff online because my local store truely suck at getting anything new. I still see Tuner Mudflaps peg-warming, and I'm tired of the disappointment. I bought all but 2 Generations toys online, and 1 HFTD just today online as well (Voyager Prime).

12. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *Double post*

13. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Lately I've been doing online only for all my figs. It's just easier, no hassle and if I'm using bbts I can just have them all ship at once. Makes it easier really since the local retail outlets just don't stock em soon enough. I'll be lucky if they even hit shelves around christmas.

So yeah, this way no wasting gas etc.

14. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I'm the same, dude! Ultimately, it costs more, but like you say, you're never sure when stuff is going to show up (and where).

I used to LOVE going on Toy hunts, and still make the occasional jaunt to toys r us and my local supermarkets, but since the demise of Woolworths (there were loads in my area, each with different stuff) it just isn't as fun as it used to be.

15. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I don't. I simply prefer to buy something I'm holding in my own hands. I have to have the option of picking up a couple figures and picking the "better" of the two or so.

I only use online methods of buying (online retailers, the Junkion) when it comes to older figures no longer in stores or "third party" products I can't get at ye olde import shoppe.

16. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Yeah I've been buying online almost all the time. If there's something I'm iffy on I might not buy it online and then later impulse buy it at a store (happened with WFC Prime), but if it's something I'm not iffy on, I prefer to know I'm getting it

17. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

I got a bunch of stuff online since the American stores get stuff so much earlier than the Canadian ones do. With the Canadian dollar almost at par with the American dollar, and with most online stores charging the same prices as Canadian retail, it's a bit of a no brainer now that US and Canadian packaging are essentially the same. Heck, I've had Generations Dirge for a few weeks now and it will probably be at least 2 - 3 weeks before he comes to Canada. Plus I don't have to hunt around for him. Pity Generations Blurr was sold out...

18. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have been buying them from bigbadtoystore and putting them in my POL. My stores STILL don't have anything other then wave 1 of anything.

19. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I ordered and have received wave one of generations and I got Red Alert in my POL and I have a preorder in for the wave of G1 legends due out in November. While I prefer to shop in person for a figure my local stores are seriously lagging when it comes to stocking figures and some never show up.

20. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

I've ordered everything wave 2 and up from HFTD and Generations from BBTS.