how many bins?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Golden Age, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

How many plastic bins do you use to store your collection (If you use them)? Where do you store the bins themselves?

2. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I got 6 bins, 3 plastic drawers, and assorted cardboard boxes and garbage bags to store my TFs and other toys that I collect. All the bags are stored behind a trap door in my closet that leads to an open space between the wall and roof. The space is big enough for me to keep 10 garbage bags full of toys inside with room to spare.

3. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    I only have one bin. It's only about half full, sitting in my basement where it's been waiting for several months to be transported back up to my room. Everythign else is on my chelves in my room.

4. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Six or seven cardboard boxes, with each Transformer individually wrapped in bubble wrap or packing tissue, plus a huge stack of individual boxes (the ones the toys came in) a small display case, one plastic drawer, and every available flat horizontal surface in my room.

5. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Do any of you keep the toy boxes? I do, and they really take up space.

6. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    I used to keep a lot of them. Not really sure why i did, to be honest, but it was fun to go on some late night box purges and rip them to shreds. I've never had a huge collection, but I've filled up quite a few 60 gallon garbage bags just with box and insert scraps.:) 

Now I only have a few. Couple things MIB, one MISB, and one empty box...

7. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    About forty-five of the 50-gallon rubbermaid bins, and everything's in a storage unit until I have a room for it.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d21/amspictures/pict0328.jpg

The only things I have in their original boxes are Japanese G1 and HH/Palisades stuff. Even the loose items begin taking up a lot of room as the numbers grow.

I just bought another three bins for the onslaught of movie stuff. Going to be a busy summer.

8. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I keep them if the toy can be repackaged and displayed that way, or if they have bios and specs on them. Anything else goes in the recycling..

9. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have 3 fairly large plastic bins. One contains loose and bits and pieces figures and the other two contain the ones I take out and play with often. I also have 3 cardboard boxes with MIB stuff. They are all in a built in wardrobe in our bedroom. I don't normally keep packaging and my collection is small.
    And my two sons have 2 or 3 large plastic bins each with their favourite TFs. They can be at any part of the house.

10. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    7 Medium Size Storage bins (Fort Max takes up one on his own), 1 Large Storage Bin and 1 Xtra Large Storage Bin. Three of the medium ones are stored in a cupboard along with all the boxed figures I can't fit (or don't want to put, like my MIB G1) in a storage bin. The rest are stacked up behind the door in my room.

Almost everything in my collection post G2 is MIB or MOC.

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

My brother had at least two bins to hold his... as for mine, I don't have a bin for them; I'm practically displaying them around my room. And hey, I see that you got a Voltron pic with your signature... were you into Voltron too? My brother was into Voltron as well, and that rubbed right onto me (in fact, my brother got me the first two collections of Voltron on DVD for Christmas).

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    When I moved my entire collection to my apartment I think I used 9 or 10 bins. right now I have them stacked inside one another and in my spare bedroom's closet.

13. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Yeah, sure did like Voltron. In my area, season 1 of the Transformers aired Sunday mornings, right after Voltron! It was a crazy time for all.

14. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've got about 11 bins in the closet, most of them full of TFs. All of my convention exclusives, JPN G1 boxed stuff and other select toys are on display on the shelves that line that back wall.

Though all that will be changing as I'm getting ready to place the house on the market so I've got to start consolidating and packing up everything.