How many autobots were at autobot city when the decepticons attacked it in the movie

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by G1Trypticon, Oct 20, 2009.

1. G1Trypticon

G1Trypticon Banned

i am curious just to know

2. Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75 Master of the Rules.

That I can remember:

Ultra Magnus, Kup, Blurr, Springer, Arcee, Hot Rod, Wheeljack, Grapple, Windcharger, Perceptor, Blaster, Steeljaw, Eject, Rewind, Ramhorn, and possibly Huffer.

Grimlock, Slag, Sludge, and Swoop, Sunstreaker, Prime, Hound, Prowl, Bluestreak, Ironhide, Ratchet, and Brawn all came on separate shuttles so they weren't actually at Autobot City.

Mirage, Tracks, Sideswipe, Red Alert, and Trailbreaker were scripted/storyboarded, but never actually animated.

Oh, and Metroplex, of course! He just couldn't transform due to a damaged transformation cog, as revealed in FFOD.

3. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not enough to populate a city

Shockwave 75 nailed it though I think :) 

4. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    A ton.

5. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

6. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    All those Autobots against what,15 to 20 Decepticons?

They had to be the crappiest of the Autobot forces,because they had to radio Prime for help.

7. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

Too bad it wasn't 300! THIS IS AUTOBOT CITY!

8. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG].

I'll let that do the explaining.

9. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

We're not actually sure where the hell Sunstreaker was. He was pictured both helping Kup and company move the roadblock Hot Rod drove through as well as on the reinforcement shuttle Optimus Prime arrived on.

Also, wasn't Bluestreak also helping Kup with the roadblock? I don't recall him being on either one of the shuttles...

The only canonical explanation I can think of to explain this is that, after the Decepticons conquered Cybertron, they all upgraded their weapons - they were essentially four million years out of date compared with current Cybertronian technology - which made them more than a match for the Autobots.

10. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

:lolol 
    I don't recall Bluestreak being anywhere.

11. Optimus Sledge

Two possibilities for all the casualties:

1) They were operating their weapons at full power after being able to fully charge them (the Autobots had been collecting energon, presumably the Decepticons were as well).

2) This was the longest battle we've ever seen happen in the G1 cartoon. Normally, a G1 firefight ends after a couple of minutes. Even if someone is injured, they can be treated almost instantly for it.

12. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

A lot of them died, too bad they couldn't transform Metroplex.

13. G1Trypticon

G1Trypticon Banned

well the autobots i know that where there when the decepticons 1st got there that were inside the city before optimus prime came and kup and hot rod where still outside the sity at the time. The following autobots where perceptor,ultra magnus,springer,arcee,blurr, Blaster,wind charger,wheeljack,grapple, The off screen ones where mirage,red alert,smoke screen and trail breaker,side swipe, and tracks minus the cassete bots that where inside blaster and the decepticons cassetes that were inside sound wave. Huffer,blue streak,sun streaker ans hound where outside the city and sideswipe and tarcks where with ultra magnus when red aler was shot with tracks and side swipes fates unknown. I know the decepticons where megatron,soundwave,star scream,thunder cracker,skywarp,scrapper,scavenger,hook,long haul, bone crucher,and mismaster,dirge,ramjet,and thrust,blitzwing,and astrotrain,bombsheel,shrapnel,and kick back. So it hink it was 15 auto bots to 19 decepticons so thats why perceptor and said they were outnumbered at the time being minus that hot rod and kup came into the battle later. But the thing that realy bugs me was where was omegasupreme and season 2 minicons. They appeared in season 3 a few times. I guess they were on cybertron or at the volcano head quarters until season 3 when trypticon destroyed it. But what happen to the autobots froms eason two that never appeared agauin after that season like inferno,skids,and hoist.

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    They were simply never heard from again.

Who knows, maybe they were out somewhere in space doing missions, or hiding on Cybertron, or something else entirely. They weren't in the script, so if they weren't seen again, noone really knows.

15. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

For the love of god, please write coherent sentences next time. :banghead: 

Er...Minicons? What Minicons? :confused: 

Assuming you mean the combiner teams, the latest comic book adaptation of the movie actually answers this questions. Turns out that Omega Supreme, Defensor, and Superion were protecting the Ark and Teletraan I from Menasor and Bruticus.

Blink and you'll miss him. :) 

Attached Files:

16. shunquan

shunquan ACID STORMER

News Credits:
    that first picture, is that the extra art for the IDW movie tpb?

17. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

yup

that scene with bruticus and menasor taking on omega supreme reminds me of a oldfanific i read a while back

i think it was called the last stand of omega supreme does anyone else here remeber reading that one?

18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Is this the point where someone says it's over nine thousand?

I always assumed that there were more Autobots than we saw populating the city. Just like we know the starship Enterprise has loads of crew, but we never see them all during a battle. Especially since the Decepticons had control of Cybertron the other Autobots that had been kicking about on the planet would've had to go somewhere, and not just to the two Moonbases.

19. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Hold on there.

Bruticus and Menasor against Superion, Defensor, and Omega Supreme? I don't see that as very "dire" at all. I mean yes, Defensor is worthless in a fight, but he's a distraction, at least.

I can't see that as anything more than an attempt to pin Omega and Superion down and keep them away from Autobot City. There's so little chance of the 'cons winning that one.

And as has been said before, Sunstreaker is just that good.

- Coeloptera

20. Optimus Sledge

Defensor once blew up Bruticus with one shot. Omega Supreme can defeat Menasor effortlessly. I'm guessing that in this battle, Superion acts as a cheerleader from the sidelines.