how many are disappointed...

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by anemis, Mar 19, 2009.

1. anemis

anemis Well-Known Member

in the fact that there probably wont be an omega supreme toy due to the cancellation and the apparent low interests in transformers animated by hasbro ?

2. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Gutted, if they can make the Millenium Falcon they can make OS. Its not like he has a complicated transformation.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm disappointed, but at the same time I can understand the reasons behind not making him. Though there still is a chance they will make him, maybe even under the Universe banner when it comes back. Also, the show, as far as we currently know, is NOT canceled, and we know for a fact the toy line is going to at least last threw the rest of this year.

A Supreme class Omega Supreme figure would be awesome, though I personally would be happy enough with a Voyager. A mini Ratchet figure would pretty much be a must, along with a moving mouth (similar to the Leader figures), a mini allspark, and plenty of sounds and lights. The transformation wouldn't bee that hard to work into the toy, even with electronics. Even with the potential demise of Animated, I can see Hasbro making him eventually, though I'm not going to hold my breath for him.

Edit: It probably isn't likely, but it'd be cool if they were keeping it a secret from us, and they were really actually already working on him. Mostly wishful thinking, but it's at least slightly possible.

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *raises hand EXTREMELY high*

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    me sad... very sad...

6. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I'm not.
    I wasn't really expecting that we'd get one,
    but at the same time I didn't absolutely rule out the possibility.

And I still haven't.

7. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Very disappointed, best design in the show, absolutely love it.

8. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

*rips left arm off at shoulder and holds it up with his right hand while raising his right arm all the way up* I'm very very dissapointed about this, Omega Supreme was awesome in the show and his design is by far one of the best and easiest to convert into a leader or supreme class toy while not having to work kibble in due to the electronics because the transformation is pretty basic.

9. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Well, depending on how important he becomes in the upcoming season, and the future of Animated and its toys after the ROTF, there might be a small chance they will reconsider it, along with Omega Sentinel repaint?

Very slight chance though. The economy is doing down, so a big class like leader or supreme will not sell well enough, especially when it's not an Optimus or Megatron. Also, it means they must have already begun work on it if they want to finish it in time. They don't want to release an Omega Supreme toy after Animated is long gone.

So probably not. :( 

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the one q&a in the last round gave a little hope for it, "we'd want him to be as in scale as possible" but i'm not holding my breath, but the shelf wouldn't have time to get beyond freezing if i seen it on there

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I certainly would want an Animated Omega Supreme toy (even if not at a Supreme size class) - not from the importance to the series plot, but because it would be the most awesome toy design with the "Omega Supreme" name attached to it.

12. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    omega supreme is becoming more and more important as the series goes by.....i could almost guarantee we will get one down the road someway

13. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    seriously, he needs at least a voyager-hes gotten over twice as much screen time as most one timers who got voyagers and Deluxe's, he NEEDS a toy. Preferably Supreme, but ANY size would make me happy-cept activator.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thinking about it some more, I'm thinking that if Rodimus Prime and Blackout can get toys, that Omega Supreme should definitely get a toy. Granted they could be getting more screen time in future episodes, but it's hard to say. That and OS has already gotten more than double the screen time they have combined (just guessing, haven't done the math). If only fan petitions actually worked...

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say I'm dissapointed, but I would not mind (and probably would buy) and Omega toy, whatever size class. (just so I could have the full cast)

16. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

See my avatar.

Yes, I will be extremely disappointed. Omega is my favorite character on Animated.

What makes it really sting is, we seem to have been on the brink of getting an Omega figure for quite a while. Before Animated even aired, Hasbro hinted that they were working on a large Animated Transformer "playset," which many people assumed was Omega.

But that apparently didn't pan out. Next year, when asked directly about Omega, Hasbro said "no current plans." That's okay, we thought. We'll wait. Maybe they're being sneaky. Then Hasbro said, We're busy with Leader and Supreme Movie figures; no time for other big Animated figures right now. That's fine. We'll wait a little longer. Then we found out that Guardian robots might show up on the Animated TV show. The likelihood of getting an Omega toy seemed high again, given the logical repaint and tie-in to the show.

Then came the rumors of Animated's cancelation. And as it stands now, an Omega toy looks extremely unlikely. Unless something dramatic happens, it appears that Hasbro is content to just let Animated peter out slowly over the course of the year, with just a few more repaints and a couple of new smaller-sized figures.

It's really a shame, because Omega has become a very central character on the TV show.

Oh well. Can't always get what you want.

I guess I can always hold out hope that some day Hasbro might make Animated Omega as part of Universe.

17. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that Hasbro puts out a SUPREME class Omega at some point. A smaller version would not be cool. And I'll buy 2 guaranteed. You hear that Hasbro!!?? TWO!!

18. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would like to have an Animated OS. I never owned the G1 version, so I hope Hasbro will consider making one.

19. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    It's a matter of what size class (obviously they'd want leader) and then marketing's decision on whether or not a giant yellow, red, and gray toy would sell.

Then again, someone throught "Roadbuster Ultra Magnus" would sell.

20. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    I think they could stick it out for $100 (like Flacon, AT-TE) It should be a viable option to tool. Maybe $150 if they chucked in some cool features.