How many are calling Einstein Wheeljack still?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Aug 1, 2010.

?

If they make a toy of Einstein Bot I would call him...

1. Wheeljack.

35 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Someone Else. (please post who)

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  3. Q, I like the name Q.

15 vote(s)
    26.8%
  1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I just don't like the name Q as a new Autobot. Even if that is his name and they are making a toy of him I'm still calling him Wheeljack. I'm doing the same thing with Landminer as Hound. Would any of you still call him Wheeljack, Someone else or do you like Q?

2. vfnfvne

vfnfvne Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I voted for Wheeljack. If his personality is like Wheeljack, then it's Wheeljack. They can call him whatever they like, but I think the name "Q" is stupid. Reminds me of Star Trek and 007 way too much.

3. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

i think "Q" is just a set name so the real name doesnt get out, and i hope it is cause the name "Q" sucks

4. TheBigBad

TheBigBad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where did the original thread on this whole "Q" debacle go? Did they delete it? I'm guessing they did because they realized they might have jumped the gun on this one... I wonder how long it will be before it is officially revealed to be Wheeljack... I mean Wheeljack's bio says he's a mad scientist, and guess what... That bot LOOKS like a mad scientist... Totally within Bay's wheelhouse to do a literal interpretation... "Q" is just Nelson, being Nelson, revealing without revealing, stirring the pot, etc...

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I'm not calling the Mercedes bot anything until they fully come out and say who he is.

6. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I find it amazing that that many people want the Mercedes bot to be called Wheeljack, yet that same number of people would be pissed off he actually was called Wheeljack.

7. Liliwen

Liliwen Well-Known Member

From that entire thread about "Q," all I took from it was that Einstienbot is going to act like Q. Nelson put the name in quotation marks because it's either simply alluding to his personality type, or because his name plays off of the letter Q. If Q is his actual name I don't see why it would have been set in qotation marks; to me those mean that there's more there than what he's written. Could be Wheeljack still, could also be something like Alpha Q. I personally, have no idea who this bot could be and if it does end up being Wheeljack, I'll get ticked off for a few minutes because I completely hate the robot head, but then I'll settle down and see how it turns out in the final film. When all's said and done I'll probably end up loving this character.

8. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    It still is in no way confirmed that he'll be called "Q". I think it's more likely that he'll be Wheeljack. And if he isn't that still in essence who he is.

So until he's actually confirmed to be named "Q", he's Wheeljack for me.

9. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Fandom never fail to amuse me :lol  :popcorn 

10. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Who's "Landminer"?

As for the "Q" debate, while I have no real idea of who he'll turn out to be; I don't think "Q" will be the final name. I think it's a nod to "Quartermaster" (or Q from 007), and is is being used on set to keep his true identity secret... I think it's Wheeljack.

Although I'm hoping it's short for "Quintesson"... :p 

11. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Always called it the Einstein-Bot.... the 'Q' tag has turned out to be the same as when the Ferrari got labelled 'Rush'..... e.i. a load of rubbish.

untill i see an official name for the character... he will be 'Einstein-Bot'

12. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Why should the new scientist transformer be called Wheeljack? Wheeljack is not an iconic character like OP or Megatron. Why should tf movies be filled with homages to a kiddy series like G1? I thought tf movies were an opportunity to start with something new and refreshing, not recycling old juvenile ideas from a stupid cartoon.

13. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Calling it Wheeljack until actually confirmation comes out. Of course, if it is Queue, or Hi-Q, that might be kind of cool.

14. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

Exactly! But people are gonna bitch to bitch. Rather annoying. I don't care what their names are. I'll see how they are in the movie, and hopefully enjoy the new transformers that will be in TF3. If they make some TF with G1 names, awesome, if not, something new and should be interesting to see how they are.

15. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

Because when all is said and done, this is a movie based on kiddy toys, regardless of the mature a take on them.

There's nothing juvenile with taking a name from G1, regardless of how important the original character was. You could argue that Ironhide and Ratchet are at the same level as Wheeljack, and yet they're in the movie too. Before I got back into the show a few years ago, I couldn't remember who Ratchet was, but I could recall Wheeljack easily.

My point is, they'll change the character to fit the style and feel of the movie. Even if they did take Wheeljack's name and character, there's nothing "juvenile" about that since they'll do what they need to do to update that character.

16. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    nelson said it's not Q

17. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

Where did he say that exactly? And when?

18. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
  19. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    So Fandom is pissed off over nothing.....again :lol 

EDIT : If this is another ''Rush'' misunderstanding, this is hilarious :lolol 

20. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Aha! Knew it wasn't going to be straight out "Q".

It's Wheeljack!