How many Acid Storm toys do you think we'll get now?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bass X0, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Starscream repaints seem to be the most common repaint of a single mold.

I think we can expect a Robot Heroes Acid Storm toy at some point (repaint of the original Robot Heroes G1 Starscream toy).

2. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Acid Storm will become a well known Character soon. I believe Hasbro/Takara were just looking for a Camo Jet that they could release and use in the future

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I don't think we'll see to many more. Though maybe one or two spread out over the years. A Robot Hero is definitely a possibility, along with maybe something in the movie line. The upcoming RotF line seems to be the perfect place for a green camo jet-bot.

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I'll take Acid Storm over Sunstorm any day. I know he's become a cult classic among the seeker fans but I never could acquire a taste for the the orange. I think the green combat camo deco works a lot better if Hasbro insists on throwing these obscure seeker characters at us. That and Sunstorm has been done to death so I hope we see Acid Storm pop up more from now on in the seeker repaint department.

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I always welcome new seekers, but I hope they don't harp on Acid Storm for too long.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'd be all for Acid Storm replacing Sunstorm as the go-to fake Seeker repaint. He's a far nicer looking deco than that ugly yellow piece of crap.

7. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Wasn't there another of these "Storm" characters to complete the set?

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    You mean the Rainmakers? There's technically two more of them. A gray-ish blue colored one and a yellow one, neither of which have names yet. Sunstorm is NOT a Rainmaker, but was another randomly colored Seeker in G1. The more I think about it, the more I would love to see more Acid Storm repaints. Whether it be Animated, Movie, Robot Heroes, or Legends, doesn't really matter. The green color looks good on the Seeker body.

9. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Thats right, the Rainmakers. Couldn't remember that for the life of me. Yes the grayish-blue one is the one I would like to see. But your right, more Acid Storm would be awesome. It's definitely a good color scheme.

10. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Those two different but similar Yellow seekers have been pretty much ret-conned into the same character. Hasbro clearly feels SUNSTORM is one of the Rainmaikers in how they spoke about the trio at Botcon and they also appear to be using the 'storm' name to link the two existing characters with the un-created 3rd seeker.

So you you may be technically correct about the origin of Sunstorm, but that won't win you any battles when hasbro releases Rainstorm to go with sunstorm and acid storm and calls them the rainmakers.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Huh, I honestly didn't know Hasbro had said anything about Sunstorm and the Rainmakers like that. Oh well, I'll still personally count him seperately. Either way, if it means we'll get at least two more repaints out of the mold I'm happy. That and it wouldn't be too hard to then kitbash an extra Sunstorm into a more generic Seeker for another Rainmaker. I just hope that the gray-blue one (whatever they end up naming that one), and Sunstorm get toys eventually. I'd be even happier if the gray-blue one was a repaint of the Ramjet mold. That way I could buy a second one to help finish my Thrust kitbash instead of sacrificing my current Starscream. In the end, more Acid Storm repaints can only be a good thing, imo. On a side note, is it just me, or would a repaint of the Classics Starscream mold in Animated Starscream's colors be interesting? (the whole blue-ish gray color with a more maroon-ish red).

12. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Quite frankly, I'm passing on any and all Rainmaker figures. I got the three Seekers I want. And 6 versions of this mold is enough for my shelf. I'd prefer Hasbro focus on new Decepticon molds.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Agreed. The Decepticons are falling behind as it is, and are even further behind if you don't count repaints. Though a repaint or two mixed in with the new molds isn't a bad thing, imo. I just hope we get more new Decepticon molds in the future. A new mold Scourge with Fracus would be nice, or at least an all plastic version of his Titanium toy with a repainted Nightstick as Fracas.

On a side note, now that I own Universe Acid Storm, he has become my 2nd favorite Seeker (1st is still Skywarp).

14. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    To justify more Acid Storm repaints I think Hasbro would want to put him in contiuity somewhere. I guess you could say as far as they're (Hasbro) is concerned he's in G1 already but I'd like to see him get screen time or page time in a comic book world.

Honestly I'd rather have Sunstorm as Starscreams superpowered twin anyday over Acid Storm the new generic seeker

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I could easily see them putting him in Animated. We are supposed to be getting more Seeker clones in Season three. One of which is Dirge, so it wouldn't be too far fetched to see Acid Storm be another one of the new guys. Though they'll eventually run out of personality traits they can give the clones, so I don't see too many more of them being added.

16. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

For me, personally, I would like to see more Acid Storm. A nice version of him as a Deluxe Movie 2 jet perhaps.

Further, he makes great repaint fodder. I'm already planning on two repaints for him for my own personal Rainmakers set. An orange repaint for Sunstorm (who likes to DREAM he has fantastic and awesome powers but doesn't), and the blue/grey one as Thunderstorm. Who's a fanboy of Thundercracker. Y'know that annoying 'friend' you got that would do anything for you (or just about) and keep asking how you're doing and offering to fetch your coffee/lunch.

Then I'd have 3 teams...Rainmakers, Coneheads, Vets (adding Classics 1.0 Starscream as Starscream's bodyguard like Megaplex was to Megatron in Machine Wars, so I can have both together). Ten jets is plenty. ;) 

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
  18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Acid Storm>Sunstorm.

Green ftw it's a rare sight on regukar non beasts transformers or tank formers.

19. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    I like to think of Seekers as the default generic Decepticon warrior. They can get crazy with the obscure colors, I don't mind.