How many 3rd party Devastators, Powerglides, and Seasprays do we need?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundblaster1, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I love 3rd party goods as much as everyone else, but seriously... How many of the same characters do we need?

I don't know about everyone else here, but rather than having to pick between 3 Devastators (CrazyDevy, TFClub, Maketoys), 2 Powerglides (FP and whoever bought the JizaiToys molds), and 2 Seasprays (iGear and FP) I'd almost rather see them all focus their efforts on different things.

Especially considering I think we'd all love a 3rd party Predaking. Beats the hell out of deciding which Devastator is better.

And I don't know about everyone else, but I feel like the demand for minibots would be better satisfied with Cosmos and Brawn (et al) instead of more of the same slightly-different Seasprays and Powerglides.

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    the 3rd party Transformers trend is still in its infancy stage. I think we are in our big boom part of this story.

It will always happen too many people makign a grab for the same pile of money. I think the 2 devi's (CD is not the same market) 3 Powerglides(igear has one too) and 3 Seasprays are going to hurt companies and thin out the ranks or cause them to change the way they do things.

It shouldn't happen but it was eventual with all the companies popping out.

Give 3rd parties time to mature, this will all work itself out.

3. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ALL OF THEM.

Wait, no. None of them, unless they really manage to control the price on that other Devastator.

4. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

You act as though the third party companies all know what the others are making.

I'm sure by the time we see a prototype, months of engineering and money have already gone into it.

What should maketoys do? Just throw all their work in the trash? They probably don't like that they will be making something that's also being made by another third party company, but it's kinda too late for that.

Besides, some healthy competition between these companies might end up bringing the price of the figures down. Which is win-win.

We win with lower prices, and we win when the company making the superior product wins out over the rest.

5. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I agree with you, but the second Devasator is announced LONG after we knew that TFC Devastator was coming out. and two companies BOTH making the SAME two mini-bots, thats a heck of a case of Chronosynicity.

6. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    YEAHHHHHH God forbid we have choices!

7. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

competition is always a good for consumers.

8. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

This may be a good thing soundblaster1. This will create competition and possibly keep prices under control. Although I must say, WTF! That's alot of seaspray and powerglide!

9. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    Here's the thing about 3rd party stuff.

It all boils down to 4 simple words actually.

"Buy them or Don't"

10. WHEELSABER

WHEELSABER Well-Known Member

I love the 3rd party stuff myself. I think that more than one company making the same character has it's pros and cons as well, but the biggest problem people will always have is the pricing. Is it worth waiting to see a 3rd party competitors character that you know is pricy compared to another 3rd party of the same character that will eventually sky rocket in price in the mean time? Lots of options and concerns to weigh in on with things like quality and personal preference. As for the characters being developed by 3rd parties I would love to see some post movie ones that didn't particularly make many appearances in the 3dr season US cartoon since most of the 84' and 85' lines have been made (i.e. combiners computron or abominus as well as throttlebots and head/target-masters) Maybe even a nice voyager sized version of sixshot from fansproject!

11. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

It's really five words but i agree.

12. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I dont need any more Powerglides or Seasprays,I've got the versions i want.I know longer have a interest in minibots being mini.

13. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    There is no way 3rd Party companies know what another company is doing.

It's really quiet simple. They look at the figures that are currently out there in the classics line. They then look at the figures that have yet to be released. Then they say, out of these figures, which ones would make the most money?

Then they list them. You know what comes to the top:
    - Devastator
    - Powerglide
    - Seaspray

People wet themselves when they first saw a new Powerglide and Seaspray. It just happens that 2 other companies had the same thought.

14. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm usually a less-is-more kinda guy, but I have time coming up with reasons why more choices is a bad thing.

Also, to say a group could have made something different if they knew a competitor was working on the same thing is not the same as saying they would have. Besides, a choice between two groups isn't that much of a choice.

15. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I hope all these 3rd part groups realizes that at some point there is going to be saturation in the market's ability to absorb all these new products. With the way Botcon and TFCC toys, they definitely in the last two-three years hit a saturation within the market. The value of these toys nowhere near what the earlier releases(2006,2007,2008) has jumped up to even though alot of them are very desirable toys for a collective niche. I can see FP weathering the storm, as they are one of the original and is definition of a brand name for 3rd parties right now, but I wonder who else will fall and who else will rise.

16. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    So is is it

"One shall stand, one shall fall"?

or

"Many will enter, few will win"? :p 

17. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I think none, to be honest.

18. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    3rd part companies are making what fans are bitching about not having which has been minibots in the "proper" scale and constructicons

19. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Well iGears minibots are legends sized so thats not answering our cries.
    X-Transbots I think are going to be even bigger than a deluxe so thats out too

FP is the only one we are unsure of but I think they look larger than legends. They come up to about G2 primes waist and he has the extended feet on.

20. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    Answers my cries bro ^^. I like my pizza hot, my beer cold, and my minibots mini = )

Dear igear,
    Thank you x infinity-

becoming one of your biggest fans,
    blurrski