How low can our standards go?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Superion33, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

I didn't think it was a thong, I think it was a jock-strap/cup holder.

course, I really didn't look all that close, I was kinda staring at the ceiling at the time.

2. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    Liar.

Haha

3. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    what a surprise you are complaining about the movie, didn't see that one coming

ROTF was good and the majority of the fans on this site agree.

4. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    but some demographics are more vocal than others

5. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I don't get me wrong; I actually liked the movie. But it did have its flaws.

Herp and Derp weren't as annoying as I had feared they'd be. I wouldn't have complained if they had died though. Instead of the twins however we could have had more Ratchet time. And if Jazz wasn't stupidly killed off we could have had MORE JAZZ TIME as well.
    Most of the new cast of Autobots had nothing more than cameos, and Herp and Derp (Bays fav characters) pretty much took the lime light.

Sideways was a waste of 3d animation because all he wanted was to be left alone, and he was just killed off.
    I have to say the Autobots in this movie were incredible ruthless. Since when do the Autobots not give their enemies a chance to surrender?

Grindor really didn't bother me much. But the Constructicon clones did. I thought that was just simply lazy. I believe the movie boasted 40 robots? Someone failed to mention mention that 20 of them were clones.
    I thought Devs was punked pretty quickly. Didn't like that much.
    During the scene in the dessert my room mate thought Megatron died three times because of the protoform cons which were gunned down.

I could have lived without the toilet humor as well but I suppose that's just Bay's style of idiocy.
    Even though I didn't mind the Devastator testicles too much. A little toilet humor is okay in moderation.

I suppose my final gripe was with Jetfire. He was a schizophrenic Transformer. We have a Transformer who has the personality of Kup, the powers of Skywarp, and backstory of Jetfire. Why not have Kup, Skywarp and Jetfire as separate characters in the freekin movie?! Why were they all crammed into one bot?

6. Seeker24

Seeker24 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    THIS. You dont like it, too bad. get over it. its just a freakin movie.

7. JetsAndHeels

JetsAndHeels Banned

So you went to see ROTF and instead decided to stare at the ceiling?

Right.

8. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I think he actually just did not want to give Simmons' an ass exam. :D 

9. JetsAndHeels

JetsAndHeels Banned

I'm just glad I wasn't watching it at IMAX. :) 

10. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Lucky you....I had the "pleasure" of seeing that in IMAX.

11. JetsAndHeels

JetsAndHeels Banned

I'm planning on going to IMAX to see it, so at least I will know when not to look.

12. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I was disappointed with the excessive toilet humor. As well as the excessive foul language (mostly from the twins). Yes there was the masterbation talk in the first movie, but this movie took the toilet humor MUCH farther and was completely unnecessary. Aside from that stuff I LOVED the movie. I just think instead of wasting time on dirty jokes, they could have filled in some plot holes or story. I think there were much better characters they could've focused on besides the twins too. Sideswipe was pretty cool and I would've loved to have seen more of him. I think he only had maybe 2 lines in the whole movie? Even Jolt would've been better than the twins.

13. butz

butz slippery when wet

The thong thing was probably the worst part for me; why did he switch from boxers? I mean, really?

14. blue death

blue death Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    seriously get over yourselves. it was a damn movie and im sorry but no matter what you say every movie has a stereotype about someone or some group. and there is always at least one (pardon my lack of another word) STEREOTYPICAL idiot who just has to be offended and 'champion' the cause of getting all worked up over something that should have just been fun and enjoyable. its enough. watch the movie then like it or dont, stop wining like 14 year old school girls who just discovered boys for the first time because thats exactly what your turning into.

i agree with some others on this topic that these days it just seems that everyone has to complain about everything. everyones sooooo damned sensitive about everything that their open to nothing. this movie isnt aimed at children or did somebody not see the robot beheading in the first installment?

seriously stop making excuses like "this is a kiddie oriented movie", or "its extrememly offensive to certain groups", just because it didnt turn out exactly the way you wanted. these are aimed FOR adults, they are rated FOR adults. just because toys are made in no way means this movie is kid oriented.

was Star Trek strictly for children? No but there was a toyline. How about Terminator Salvation? DEFINITELY NOT a kid oriented movie and yet we have tons of toys. point proven toys are made for all types of movies. we are all adults and if we cant handle a little adult oriented humor or at least get over what we dont like then psychologically, im sorry to say it but you are not fit to watch this movie.

this may be harsh but i believe its a pretty accurate way of describing how ridiculous and out of control the complaining about this movie is getting. this forum has been completely overrun with nothing but multiple useless threads arguing over what parts sucked. it needs to stop.

i just think we all need to step back and look at what were given and stop being so negative, get over our complaints, and look at what a good movie this really is. i loved it, distasteful humor and all......because it wasnt distasteful at all. it was adult humor. WE ARE ADULTS. you cant tell me Skids and Mudflap fighting eachtoher wasnt hilarious when they said "That hurt!", "Its an ass whupin its supposed to hurt!".

or them being so goofy as to crash while they were the ice cream truck and seperate. these are genuinely funny things. Simmons thong not so much but again im trying to look at the positives not all the negatives everyone else is pointing out.

there was some goofy stuff in there but honestly what wasnt goofy was really funny and enjoyable.

15. AmazSpiderman1

AmazSpiderman1 Member

I agree, people have terrible standards now a days. Infact, cinema itself is incredibly stupid now. It's kind of sad that juvenile unfunny crap can make more money than other people's passion projects that have some kind of a message. Reminds me when "Rambo" came out, and it lost opening weekend to "Meet the Spartans". I still can't over that. I can't get over than the Scary Movie/Epic Movie/Disaster Movie films still make money. You can't have a smart summer movie anymore. Star Trek was the only movie with any kind of cleverness behind it this summer.

Point is, well never get summer movies like Raiders of the Lost Ark or Ghostbusters anymore when fucktards like Michael Bay PURPOSELY fill their movies with dogs humping and robot testicles. Gimme a break. The guy gets paid 30 million a movie, and he films dogs humping. Take the source material seriously!

16. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

This.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

If the plan is to make each film bigger, louder, dumber, and longer then I'm sure we will have to drop our standards a good bit by the third film.

Perhaps we will get Skid Mark and Butt Flap dropping the "N" word all over the third film and perhaps a robot can blow it's nose on someone.

18. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

I stopped reading after he asked 7 times in a row if we liked Skids and Mudflap.

/boggled

19. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

How low can our standards go?

We haven't yet invented the movie "Ass", so I think we're safe. This was just a movie with parts that you and others didn't like. The world won't come to an end, society won't crumble, anarchy and mob rule won't reign supreme simply because ROTF exists.

Though it would be kind of bitchin' if it did.

20. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Once again we see the brown-shirted fanboys dictating about what others can and cannot say about the movie.

Yes, a few scenes made me cringe- but overall, I was happier with ROTF than I was with Star Trek.

But to the over-defensive and insecure fanboys- get over yourselves. A little criticism can actually be a good thing from time to time.