How Long Will Transformers Survive As A Franchise?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mr JackatooTM, Dec 19, 2016.

?

How long will TFers Franchise Survive?

1. 5-10 more years

5 vote(s)
    5.2%
  2. 10-15 more years

7 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. 15-20 more years

5 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. 20+ years

41 vote(s)
    42.7%
  5. Forever

45 vote(s)
    46.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    well let's see. The Greek mythologies have been around for like forever and it still exists up to this day.

Even then, the Transformers live-action has just been around for 10 years, unlike Superman, Batman, Captain America, Godzilla, etc. Transformers, just like those iconic characters, will be around for generations.

And like I said, the live-action franchise has not really been utilized to full effect yet. right now we're dealing with the Bayformers and this continuity. We will have future iteration of live-action that, like in the previous incarnations, will continue to re-invent themselves. and when they do, it's not gonna be as hokey as human-based superhero characters as long as they stay with the basics.

And the beauty of Transformers is, the franchise is not just centered on one character.. although Optimus Prime, Megatron and Bumblebee take center-stage, there are other characters that can be utilized.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

Little boys will always be facinated with robots, and cool cars/jets/dinosaurs.

3. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

You have to wait for the movies to come out. Don't worry this summer will look like this again
    PIC436_ROTF-Display-At-MS-WLMT-1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Just chillin'

As long as it continues to bring in the money I see no reason as to why Hasbro would end the franchise for good.

5. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Not really. We will never see TFs hit that kind of level at retail again. You go to a brick n mortar store and its clear stores are giving up on TFs and moving onto the more profitable Marvel and Star Wars properties. Transformers is kind of weird, its survived on a 30+ year decline of interest by the public (i.e. non-fans). I can see it going on for a while but its slowly becoming very niche.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TFan2013

TFan2013 Energon Seeker

Transformers are nigh immortal in age. Therefore their franchise shall be also.

TRANSFORMERS FOREVER! :rock 

7. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

I don't know about that. When tf4 came out I remember I was impressed that walmart had a full aisle of stuff plus a display with TV advertising the movie and toys. Lots of generations alongside the bayverse figures and was just as big or bigger than the star wars aisle they have now.

8. MastaBlasta

MastaBlasta Repaints Galore

That's... It's.... So beautiful... No words...

That's going to be my background

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Hmm, interesting. Around here there was no promoting the movie and the TF section was just a bit bigger then it is now and only sold Dino Riders and One Steps. Later on filling out with shelfwarming Wave 2 voyagers and Wave 1 deluxes.

10. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

That sucks. I know a lot of retail stores around here vary on how much stock they have. I try to hit the super centers when the movies come out. TRU will also most likely have a big display as well, but their stuff is always marked up

11. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I was born in 84 same as TFs. I will have to say forever. Forever in my lifetime anyway, bc for me Transformers has always been there.

12. GoLion

GoLion Sé que me estás robando

News Credits:
    Nothing lasts forever, buti think Transformers will have a good strong run for years to come.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus TFW2005 Supporter

I think it's a safe bet that Transformers have reached the "Generational Threshold of Longevity." What I mean by that is multiple generations have fallen in love with the franchise (many in the same family) that its really easy for new generations to fall in love with it because they'll be introduced to the franchise by someone already in love with it (from a previous generation).

• Like Like x 1
  14. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Well think about this way, even if it takes a break at some point for 10-20 years, so one will bring it back with a robot that transformers into a hover car or an intergalaxy shuttle, who knows what vehicles the future will have. They can always make more. We also know it doesn't have to be Optimus and Megatron forever.

• Like Like x 1
  15. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    YES IT DOES!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!! :D 

I kid, as long as they're collectors and those who enjoy 'vintage' toons and toys, TF's will be around.. they may change as far as designs, hope they do, but they'll be around for ages to come. :thumb 

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Transformers is one of very, very few properties I actually think will go on forever, or at least longer than we can imagine.

And I think that's because it's not quite a massive cultural staple like Star Wars or something with iconography out the ass. It can morph and change without mass amounts of backlash because the majority of people who know of it only just vaguely know of it, they don't have knowledge of it's intricacies and ever changing lore and characters. It has a largely unique ability to be whatever it needs to be at any point in society, without fear of alienating too much because it's so simple in concept.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM I'm a Colossal boi

News Credits:
    Google+:

Yes it does

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gripper107

Gripper107 There is only G1

I think it will be potentially endless.
    Transformers I think has become one of those phases kids go through like hot wheels, lego, dinosaurs, robots, star wars and many others.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  19. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

It's going to be around for quite a while yet. I can remember when watching the original cartoon at about 10-ish, and then nothing until I saw Beasties (Canadian version of Beast Wars), and I was so happy that they had sort of kind of made a comeback. It wasn't until later I realized TF had been going since then, in many various forms (tried the comics for a while as a teen but I hated the artwork so gave up). Now I see there are myriad cartoons, comics and the like, and as long as they expand the franchise to include kids (Rescue Bots) to adults (MTMTE and Lost Light), they will keep going strong.

20. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

I think this matters less than cartoons. Kids still determine this stuff, not adults.

• Like Like x 1