How long will Shockwave last?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Aug 25, 2012.

?

What do you think?

1. 1 episode

21.5%
  2. 2 episodes

10.8%
  3. Reoccurring villain

67.7%
  1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One episode, 2 episodes, or reoccurring villain?

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I would like to see him be a major threat, but this series makes me wonder at times.

3. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    He's going to be in the IDW miniseries bridging seasons 2 and 3. I think that makes it clear he'll still be around in the third season, at the very least.

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    He's likely to be a major threat. After all he's a major character in the Aligned countinuity.

He's one of the very first followers of Megatron in Exodus

He's the one that created the Insecticons and Dinobots not to mention having a part in the Space Bridge technology in Fall of Cybertron.

You can't just have this type of backstory and role for him if he's only going to be in a short role. And unlike the characters that died on the show he's one of the major TF characters in the franchise for a reason.

5. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    yeah, he's suppose to be the main antagonist to the dinobots I believe and they are suppose to appear in the third season If I recall

6. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Methinks his appearance next ep VIA flashback will end with him being shown int he present elsewhere in the universe, perhaps on his way to earth. He'll reappear/arrive as part of the season finale, or near there.

7. soundofshock

soundofshock Active Member

i hope so, the writers have done little to the dcepts to make me feel confident on the matter

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I really hope he gets the reoccurring villain bit since it's interesting to see what new twists Transformers Prime can put on characters.

But I'm prepared for the worse if he ends up as just a one hit wonder.

9. GingaMagnus

GingaMagnus Designated Toku Nerd

I hope he is a permanant cast member, Maybe he'll get some autobot blood on his hands and make them stay dead. He did it to Blurr in Animated, Let's hope he can do some justice now to the character. I love DOTM but they wasted the character. But on the brightside, Corey Burton wouldn't be in the movies... Maybe he'll come back for a TV show again? One last time?

10. Space Jawa

Space Jawa Cybertronian

Let's look at the current list of named Decepticons killed thus far:

Skyquake: Minor character with minor overall plot significance in previous continuities.
    Makeshift: Minor player who, at best, has minimal appearances in previous continuities.
    Breakdown: Major character who lasted roughly a season and a half before getting killed. Secondary character in previous continuities at best, and a minor player with minimal exposure more often than not.
    Hardshell: In addition to having a 'new' character who hasn't really shown up in the past, he's a Copy+Paste Mook who just happened to have a name and scratches, easily replaceable by any one of the dozens of other still living Insecticons. It's be like if a Vehicon suddenly got a name, got some scratches, maybe put up a decent fight against an Autobot, and then died. In spite of all that, he'd still be easily replaceable.

Am I forgetting anyone? (Aside from Airachnid, who's only just in stasis and arguably just a DINO anyway)

Look at those four, one of which has been a major player in this series, one of which has much of a history in previous continuities, and none of which are nearly as iconic as characters like Ratchet or Bumblebee or Arcee or the like.

Compare them to Shockwave, who has a long history with the Transformers Franchise, is easily considered one of the major Decepticon players, and has a major fan following.

And once you've had a moment to compare Shockwave to the other 'named' Decepticons who have died, tell me this: do you really think they're going to kill of Shockwave after just one or two episodes?

11. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    (sigh).....Like every other Con on this show, he'll end up being a reoccurring disappointment.

Think about it....

If Megatron isn't covering any real ground...

***SPOILER ALERT***

Then why would the writers let any other Con do it?

F.Y.I. Shockwave is a scientist so they'll probably let the kid with the glasses kill'em.

12. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

Even though they created a new model for him... remember, they did the same for Cliffjumper, too. The writers kill characters because they want you to wonder if some of these guys aren't invincible, and for the most part that seems to be working.

13. soundofshock

soundofshock Active Member

only if they give shockwave the soundwave treatment would he last. this iteration would have to be the best since the original for the writers to not even think about giving him the axe

14. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    The writers of this show hate Con's so they'll use the rest of this season killing them off so that next season will be the Autobot, Dinobots and Wreckers teaming up to battle MECH while saving humans from natural disasters and taking Mako to the school dance.

I'm sure you'll all love it......

15. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Given that he has a new CGI model, he's probably going to be a reoccurring villain.

16. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2 episodes, I'm not very positive that ShWa will be a reoccurring villain, even though it would be nice, if he would be.

17. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    They would either kill him REALLY fast, or keep him on forever.

18. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dinobots are in Season 3, Shockwave is in the comic related to them, he has a brand new character model that can't be used as an army like Insecticons, he's a legacy character, he's apparently related to Insecticons too who have been a big part of the season.

I'll bet that they are introducing him next week as foreshadowing to bring him to Earth later on, assuming the episode is a flashback.

19. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering Shockwave has always been pretty important to Transformers lore, I think he'll be here a while

20. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Recurring villain, hopefully.