How long will ROTF be on at the cinemas for?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by danny1981, Jul 8, 2009.

1. danny1981

danny1981 Well-Known Member

Just been wondering and i was hoping someone could tell me how many weeks/months it will be showing?

Thanks!

2. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    first week of September

3. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

thats sounds about right . give or take a few days.

dvd in late oct, early nov.

4. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Hopefully not too much longer because I really want the special edition DVD.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Depends on where you live and how many screens the local multi-plex has. Somewhere like where I live that only has 5 screens it might make it a few more weeks before it gets bumped for newer films. Places that have say 20 screens could run it much long because there isn't as much pressure to bump it for something new.

7. 1govnor1

1govnor1 Giggidy

Kind of depends on how ticket sales are going and the lasting power of the other movies. If the newer movies come out and doesn't do quite as well, then ROTF might stay longer than September. After that it will be picked up the the discount theaters.

8. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    we had watchmen in sydney up until about a month ago, 3 month run is about normal for the bigger films. hell, fellowship of the ring was still showing in september 02, a week before the DVD. but that's a different story.

9. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

Last movie stayed a little over 4 months. It's run was sort of extended by a belated/extended IMAX release though (ROTF's IMAX was a simultaneous opening release). By the time it had closed, the DVD had allready been out around a month. Financial success could also extend it greatly as "The Dark Knight" ran from mid July until early March of this year raking in 530 million plus in North America and a billion globally. Presently, we should exceed the 2007 TF film's domestic gross this weekend (2007 TF made 319 million in North America in 4 months, ROTF is currently at 310 million in the same region in what will be just over 2 weeks). So, I expect ROTF to be playing though the Holiday season at this rate and we'll have DVD/Blu-Ray before or just after the beginning of November.