How long will it last?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Hotshotprime43, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

How long do you think TF: Prime will last along with the aligned universe? I think Hasbro said for at least 10 years (Aligned universe). But what do you predict?

Such as how many seasons and episodes of Prime
    How will it be effected my TF4 in 2014
    How many video games will there be
    Will there be a sequel show to Prime (EX: Armada to Energon, Beast Wars to Beast Machines)
    Future of the TF toyline
    Any comic book series to this Universe
    Will there be a TF Prime Movie
    Straight to Video movies (What DC does)

So just wondering what are your predictions on the Aligned universe and what do you want from it.

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

At least 3-4 seasons.

3. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    Probably 3/4 seasons for Prime, a third game, No effect from TF4, which is not from the AC
    -_-

4. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    If Transformers Prime goes over 3 Seasons I'll be shocked.

5. vatarian

vatarian SPIDER8ITCH

Longer than you expected, but shorter than you would have hoped.

6. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    A sequel might be possible, since Hasbro will probably want to keep the Aligned Continuity going

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See Hasbro said the idea of The Hub is that they DON'T have to reboot things every 3 seasons anymore, which is cool and all but...

Well, executives are executives, we never know if they will stay true to promises or old plans. It could end after 3, it could get to 4, it could NOT get to 4, we will only know when it happens. So in like, 2 years.

8. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    I doubt it will go beyond three.

I also doubt the Prime line is doing as well as some at Hasbro decided and that rather than re-evaluate their decisions about what toys they're making and how, they'll just do a soft reboot and continue on.

9. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

TF: Prime will probably last no more than 4 seasons, possibly 5. However Aligned will probably last longer. When Prime has gotten dull and the executives decide to end it, they will probably continue with Aligned. Another series set in the past or future will probably commence. Sort of like BW came from G1 (although i'm not claiming it will be a beast show).

10. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I thoroughly believe there will be other series in-continuity with TFP, whether they will be sequel series or running parallel to it (See: Rescue Bots) remains to be seen. I definitely hope we see both sequels AND series running alongside it (like on other planets: Velocitron, perhaps?).

11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Like others said at least 3 to 4 seasons. Just as long as it doesn't get offed before it's time.

The after that perhaps a sequel similer to that of Beast Wars can occour.

12. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    For that to happen would be a dream come true. I want me some Colony Worlds

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Let's see if we top G1 with over a 100 episodes?

Colony Wars would be interesting. Perhaps Prime could jump start a new trilogy kind of like Armada did. Overarching stories, with the first one Earth, the 2nd beginning to expand to the horizons and the 3rd could bring on the ultimate big bad like Unicron's return all Planet Sized or something?

14. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Six seasons and a movie!

15. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    3 seasons at best. Maaaaybe 4 if it continues to have decent ratings.

16. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Great CGI, good action sequences, episodic plots and annoying gimmicks in it's toyline. As much as I hate to say it, I think this will be a really popular Transformers cartoon series.

17. Redsonjustin

Redsonjustin Banned

I think two more seasons for the show, with a few sequel series. For the toyline, I'd prefer Jazz, Ironhide, Thundercracker and Lockdown to get toys at some point.

18. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I'm thinking either four or five seasons.

19. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

I dunno why i'm tossing this out, but it occurred to me what they could do with aligned once Prime ends. They've been slowly building this whole 13 concept, while still leaving it really unexplored. What if the next show in aligned is 'Transformers: Thirteen"

Season 1 could be their creation and end with the ultimate showdown with Unicron. The first season would be very black & white, good vs. evil. Maybe a subtle hint of Unicrons influence seeping into Megatronus Prime, but nothing overt.

Season 2 could be sort of Early Episode Star Wars 'ish, in a sense, where everything is great in the universe, however things are not as perfect as they seem. Shades of gray grow within the characters. Each episode builds on the subdivisions within the Primes. The season could end on Megatronus Prime's (to be the Fallen) betrayal and murder of Solus Prime.

Season 3 would then continue the battle with the good Primes vs. The Fallen, while several other Prime's try to remain neutral, and Leige Maximo being a complete wild card. The season ends with The Fallen's imprisonment.

Season 4 could then develop the start of the Cybertronian civilization. Liege's spark corrupting a small amount of them (pre-Decepticons). Near the end of the series the original Prime's have all left the primary plane of existence, and Sentinel becomes Prime. Flash forward in the final episode to a young Orion Pax admiring the words and battles of a valiant Gladiator in the arena.

The main cast would be 15 characters. The 13, Primus, and Unicron. Not that dissimilar to the breadth of the TFP cast (5 Autobots, 5 Decepticons, 5 humans). They could finally define the myth which has been only half told and half developed after all this time.

20. megatron66

megatron66 OD'd on candy

I would say a couple more seasons, maybe more, depending on number of viewers, sales of merchandise, etc.