How Long will it last?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Dec 13, 2011.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

This is mainly bassing an opinion based on some facts I have read around here, and whatnot.

So, do we really expect the hub to last? It really isn't that popular of a channel, and we are still at the point where most people still don't receive it, contrary to popular belief.

This being said, if Hub goes down I have heard that Cartoon Network is willing to buy Prime, but... That just makes me worry seeing as Cartoon Network has a habit of not being able to run a show for more than three seasons unless it is Ben 10, or Teen Titans. Especially with content that wasn't originally theirs.

So, what exactly would happen? Would it run Animated style, and die out during season three? Especially since there is a so called "planned movie and three seasons"? Even though I personally do not see that being visable...but, y'know.

Also, this may cut into the already seemingly small toy budget, where if you noticed they are teasing us with three diffrent versions of Screamer, Bumblebee, and Arcee in which I think they are just trying to milk it for what it is worth. Just a thought.

So, as the thread title states. How long do you think it will last?

Personally I give it until October of next year, until if anything Hub goes down. It may have a good two years into it, but... regardless i'm pretty sure Hub is going down if anything.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I seriously doubt that both the Hub and TFP will go away anytime soon. Hasbro's put too much effort into making the station and TFP to let it happen. The reason the Hub was made was because they wanted to get away from stations like CN and keep stronger control over their shows and keep them from ending prematurely the best they can.

The reason TFA was canceled because Hasbro originally had the series made should the 2007 movie bombed as back up. But seeing how popular both the movie and TFA were getting to be popular they had a hard time focusing on which toy line it should focus on not to mention the conflict it had with Cartoon Network. In the end Hasbro had to end TFA because of copyright issues and had to make a new show from scratch. Hasbro's looking ahead this time so TFP wouldn't go throught the same thing as TFA.

The first edition toyline aren't the only toys we'll get from the show. The reason why we're getting these first before the actual toyline next year is because the first edition toys were originally made for the Generations line but Habro decided to have TFP have a toyline of it's own instead. So we're getting the first edition toys as samples first before the offical toyline opens next year.

As for what you're saying about the show not being popular, Hasbro has shown great evidence of TFP getting massive attention next year because they say that the TFP univerese will be the main universe Hasbro's going to focus on,not to mention a MMOG,merchindese,books,and possibly a strong chance that people who didn't see the show yet will have a lot more explosure from the toyline and such thus having them noticed the Hub and increasing it's reatings. If Hasbro really didn't have plans for the show than why is there much detail and attention going though it? They can't just chuck it away like that after the work it's made into it.

I think you're just worried if the show will go throught he same fate as poor TFA did. I understand that believe me,but after hearing all the attention and plans that Hasbro's giving it for next year,I'm having a feeling that TFP will be around for a long time!:) 

3. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

I hope not! I think the Hub is great and I'm very happy to have TF Prime! I'm thinking the Hub is fairly new, so it should be given some time for exposure.

4. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I dunno... three years is a long time for a cartoon/toy series these days.

Heck, even G1 only lasted three seasons!

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Atleast make it longer than Beast Wars. I'd love a series where it was on and off from time but still there for a good long time.

Atleast till 2015/2016 assuming all good stories are all made by then and have no more ideas and thus need to reboot.

6. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I believe TFP is the highest rated show on the HUB right now.

Even if the channel went under I'm sure they'd try and keep it on the air somehow.

7. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    A long time, I hope. Other than this and Bleach, TV doesn't phase me anymore.

8. longhaulsub

longhaulsub PS3 Tag: Northporttroller

I am sure Hasbro will keep it on the air somewhere if it continues to be successful and fills their pockets.

9. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Hub will last for a while at least 1-3 years.

10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Let TFP have a decent run then I don't care. I can't get the Hub and even if I could I wouldn't. It's not just pay TV but expensive pay TV. All that for just one show. I think not.

11. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    thats not true, Cartoon Networks only haev bought the rights for air the show on some places outside USA, (like Uk and all of latin america like guatemala (where i live), Peru, El Salvador, etc etc)

12. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    May I ask why you've been posting more frequently on the Prime forums? Because it seems like no matter how many times someone tries to get you into TFP, you always say you'll never watch it or give it a chance.

13. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was lucky I got the Hub as a promotion.

14. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's easy to forget that a lot of people here -- even those watching TFP -- either can't or don't get the Hub, and thus are not financially supporting its continuation.

If Prime gets 3 seasons, I'll be satisfied with it. That's enough time to do a great long-form story. I don't know if the Hub will last that long.

15. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    can you be more clear please?

16. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I think he was asking you if you're thinking about giving TFP a try. If you are do so! It has a lot of movie inspired content despite having other elements from the past series.:) 

17. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    in that case, um no, i have been posting here since the show aired despite having no plans on seeign it

18. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Oh! Well thanks for telling us!:) 

19. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    The Hub isn't as bad off as it was earlier this year, from what I understand. Viewership is up, and the Hub has a very big thing going for it...toy sales. At least with My Little Pony, toy sales have really boosted viewership of the target demographic, and that viewing has created more desire for the toys. It really shows how well the dynamic of having good media tie ins with a toy can do. The Hub is still far from where Hasbro wants it to my understanding, but it's starting to really pick up the pace.

I'd say that the Hub definitely has a few years at least. It's really picking up and it has strong properties such as MLP and Transformers at the helm.

20. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    That's great to hear!:thumb