How long was the original TV series?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by cowscows527, Nov 18, 2006.

1. cowscows527

cowscows527 Well-Known Member

Hello all,

How long was the original TV series, and how hard would it be to get? I've never seen any of the episodes and I'd like to now.

Thanks for any and all responses.

2. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    98 episodes over four seasons, plus the movie. The entire series is available on DVD now.

3. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    The original series, in the US, lasted 98 episodes from 1984-1987. Every season has since been released on DVD by Rhino, but they're getting harder and harder to come by. Your best bet, aside from paying a ton at a comic book store, would be Amazon. www.deepdiscountdvd.com used to have the sets, but I think they're sold out (they have great prices if you can get one from them). Hope that helps.

4. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Sony's rereleasing the series on DVD in 2007.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, by all accounts the Sony sets may have better extras and will of course be easier to get than the Rhino sets as they'll be in print VS out of print. It's up to you of course, but that is what I'd recommend.

6. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My question is for those who have the Rhino DVD sets like me, and spent all that cash, is it really gonna be worth it to buy the Sony ones for the extras?

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Depends on whether or not they clean up the episodes over the rhino versions. If they make a nice 5.1 set that sounds decent (unlike the rhino version) Ill fork over the cash.

8. cowscows527

cowscows527 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how much the rerelease set would cost (ballpark)?

9. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Unless they are absolutely loaded with extras, I'll probably just stick with my Rhino sets. I don't need an 80's cartoon series in 5.1 sound or anything silly like that, so that particular aspect won't be a buying incentive for me if they offer it.

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed that everything is being re-released in 2007. Not just because many of us spent a lot of time & money getting the original Rhino series, but because Sony's will undoubtedly look & sound better. Not so much so that I'd feel the need to re-buy them all over again, but it would have been nice to have the superior version out of the starting gate rather than finding out later that we bought what will ultimately be deemed the inferior versions via Rhino.

10. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Nope, I'm 100% satisfied with the Rhino sets. It may not be perfect (although that's subjective) but for my needs it's a quality G1 set

Only reason I bought the 20th Anniversary DVD is because it cost me less the $25 and was loaded with features. I'm not interested in pay a few hundred bucks for DVDs I already own

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    22 minutes.

12. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Heavy Metal War was such an abomination I couldnt stomach buying anymore of the Rhino sets, I am definitely looking forward to the Sony release providing they havent dumbed them up also. I never did understand the changes they made to my favorite episode, they were just plain idiotic and nonsensical...

13. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Did they ever actually offer any explanation as to why the Decepticons were supposedly vanquished in the last episode of Season 1, but by season 2, they were fine and dandy.

14. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Good for people who never bought any of the G1 dvds, though.

Well if Rhino's version was really good back in 2000-whenever, then in 2007 Sony's version will probably still be better. And until fairly recently, we didn't know the current Rhino versions were 'inferior' anyway.

Megatron DID say that he would return :p , which is better than the end of the MTMTE mini series where the Decepticons are defeated and the nations of Earth donated fuel so the Autobots can go home but then decided not to.

15. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry but what do you mean? You mean the Rhino sets were not the "originals"!? What other episodes were dumbed down?

16. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    As I recall Rhino added extra sound effects they claimed were always in the original soundtrack.

17. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

:lolol 

I thought the same thing the moment after I read the thread title...but then I thought, "Oh, he's probably asking how many years/episodes the series lasted". Dee dee dee!!

18. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's interesting, I was so excited when Rhino released the sets that I missed out on the above fact.

19. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If memory serves, the Rhino version also used the earlier masters or something, so there's some animation errors (wrong mouth/voice matchups, miscolors on some guys, things like that) so maybe Sony's will fix that?

20. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

I can see Sony adding extras and that's about it. I'll wait before I buy the series again.

I REALLY want a reason to buy it again though.