How long was the line when you got there?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pinoy78, Jul 3, 2007.

1. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

Port Elgin Ontario Theater was walk in, no lineups at all. 3/4 full for the opening 8:00PM show. Walk in for 11:00 show & 1/4 full.
    $8.00 for adults, $5.00 for kids.
    Movie was so nice I watched it twice.

2. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any idea how long the lines are going to be tonight? I am going to a 10:20 show and trying to figure out when it will be best to get in line. Thinking that I should get in line at about 9:30... think that is good?

Anyone else going to the showing at the Metreon in San Francisco tonight? PM me :D 

3. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Got there at 7:00 for the 8:00 show. They had already let people in for seats. There were about 20 people in there, but it definitely filled up by the time the movie started. They even opened up another theater to have a second 8:00 showing. Nice.

Me too. I actually went to another theater to meet a friend and watch a midnight showing after the 8:00 show. That wasn't nearly as good of an experience since it was full of obnozious high school kids that don't know how to sit still and be quiet.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    No line when I got there (Noon for the 8pm show)....

*cough*

Was worth it.

5. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The line/wait wasn't long at all for me. The line had about 20 people and there was only a 10-15 minute wait to go into the theater. The ticket qeue was another story...glad I picked up the tickets on Saturday instead of last night. I think there would've been a much larger crowd had the theater I went to advertised that there would be an 8 P.M. showing. It seemed to me that they were keeping it a secret as the only place that I saw it advertised was on the 'net and my friend didn't even believe me when I told him about the Monday night showing until I showed him the tickets.

6. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So are you all saying that an hour early would be a safe bet?

I am certain that the lines will be longer tonight since everyone is off tomorrow ....

7. Tekfreak

Tekfreak Well-Known Member

i got there at 730 (woodridge AMC/LOews, IL) for the 8 show and no line. The theatre wasnt packed either. Tehre was 4 people in line for the midnight show when we got out at 1035 or so

8. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    Just saw it. There were about 40 other people in the theater (which could hold about 500). No line. And I bought tickets 5 minutes before the show. lol.

The beauty of daytime movie going when most people are at work.

9. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    no line really.

10. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

No line at 9:15 for a 9:30 showing, but then again I don't have a huge town. I'm sure it'll pick up as the week goes on.

11. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

Bought tickets in advance and got to the theater at 6:00pm for the 8:00 show. First in line, but when I got into the screen, there was a family in there already which made no sense to me at all since I was the first person they let in

12. D_Fool

D_Fool Well-Known Member

Got there at 6ish for the 8pm show, there was already about 6 or 7 people in line. I'd say within half an hour the line was zig zagging back and forth. Never seen so many people in line for a movie before.

Got lots of cheers in my transforming Optimus costume. Such a great night :D 

13. Teratron

Teratron Kaiser Dragon

My wife and I were running late, so people were already being let in when we got there after 7:30. I didn't get to see how long the line was, but the theater wasn't overly packed.

Now when we got out, there were very long lines for the late showings. I'm betting most people here didn't know about the 8:00 shows and just showed up to buy tickets for the presumed midnight showing.

14. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got off work about 6:15, ate a quick sub I had leftover from lunch, changed clothes and drove five minutes to the theater. got there about 20 till. Two people ahead of me. I sat and watched all the Dr Soov parody videos and about 7 they let us into the theater. I got the best seat in the house (guy who sat next to me even said that :D . i played GTA:VCS on my PSP till 8PM then waited for the previews. Too about 15 more minutes but then movie started. Theater was about 85% full with the bottom (non stadium seating) part empty. Top part was about 90% full at my showing. Audience loved it! Big round of applause at the end.

15. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

There was none... they had already began seating (about 40 minutes prior to the start of the movie).