How Long TF: Prime Will Last?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by eagc7, Jul 30, 2010.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    has you know i hate tf prime and i will apss hte hsow but this is nto a hate thread if you ask. but this is about hwo long the SHow Will run.

Well Has you Remmeber Transformers Animated Was gonig to have a fourth season i think, But It was Canceleld in 2009, Jsut a Few Motnhs Before ROTF Came Thus Cancelling the propsoed Fourth season. so the serie began airrign in 2007 and ended in 2009,

So this Makes me Wonder, How Long TF Prime Will Last?, The Show is Airing in Oct 10, of this Year. But Has you know TF3 is Coming in 2011, SO if Rotf Movie COming Cancelled Aniamted (Well im not sure if the Premrie of ROTF Canceleld the Show But its an Speculatino ahs it ended few months before ROTF Came), Will The Premire of TF3 Cancell Prime and Making it into a Short Lived Serie?

What u Think?

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Aren't there 26 episodes planned? Thought I read that somewhere.

I think it will last longer. About 50 or 60 episodes. Just a guess.

3. eagc7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    yeah there are 26 eps planend for season 1, But Due to his release date i wodner how long ti will alst has TF3 is COming in july 2011 and sicne anaimted was cancelled deu to rotf was coming

4. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Animated was not Killed because of ROTF.

It was canceled because CN didn't want it anymore. They weren't even going to greenlight season 3 until YTV got it made without CN okaying it.
    CN was ready to cancel animated after just the first 2 seasons, which is why they aired it back to back. Hasbro had nothing, zero, zilch, NADA, to do with it. They've even said, if CN wanted to, they could have done another season whether Hasbro had the Hub or not. CN stopped a season 4 from happening like season 3, by moving and or firing the crew that was on animated. That also, was not Hasbro's choice.

As for Prime though.
    It'll go for as long as it's profitable, generates ad revenue, and maintains ratings. So many upon many seasons hopefully. This time around, the success of the show itself is the driving factor behind it's continuation, in hasbro's hands alone. Which is why 'domestic' piracy of it could be dentrimental to its standing. While I don't want to condone piracy, if the show never will air in your area, not much I can really say about that, and as for online viewage, hasbro needs to up it to some kind of place they can monitor the hits to garnish the best online ad revenue generation they can.

So it'll be around for a good long time, or as long as hasbro sees fit. (Which they've stated, they've got at least 4 seasons worth of arcs planned, but don't know how far it'll go episode wise, which is normal for a new show that has yet to air, to determine the ad revenue generation it has and maintains.)
    It also doesn't have a toyline right now, which would be the question for retailers on whether they carry it or not. Unlike previous series, Prime's revenue generation is through alternative means, not toy sales directly as yet.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it can go for however long the production team and Hasbro want to run with it as long as people are watching.

The advantage to having The Hub is that Hasbro no longer has to worry about some other network bumping their shows into a bad time slot or not promoting the show. Since Hasbro controls the network it will allow them to run shows for as long as they think there is an interest.

Personally I wouldn't mind a long running show if they can manage something with some character and stories that aren't just the same old thing every week. Well okay and an ever expanding universe, I love some characters but I want a bit of the larger Transformers world to go with those characters.

6. eagc7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    OKay that explains :p  Still how long you gusy think prime will Last

7. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Almost entirely this. Although 'interest' isn't quite the right word, though I can't find a better one either. As just because there's interest in the fan communities from loving it, if it has no ratings because they all watch online or through torrents, Hasbro will have no meaningful ad generation from lack of ratings numbers, which could get it canned early on. Ratings matter here more than ever, as it's the revenue generator for this series for now.

Since it's an unproven property as yet, I'm going to have to go with 2 seasons for now, though I hope for the full 4 already planned in the writers heads. If it proves itself to be great, maybe 6+, the full BW/BM treatment, minus the degradation into gobot territory. It could also end up going for more. Which I hope it does, I don't want this show to end till I gets me an arcee figure from it!

8. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I normally hate to be that guy, but man at least get a spell checker or something. I can hardly understand what you are talking about.

Who knows how long Prime will last. This time the HUB is owned and produced by Hasbro. The other guys, in the case of Animated, backed out and stopped production. It will probably run its course longer than any other show. I still cannot understand how you hate the designs when its obviously movie influenced.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    They've got 4 seasons planned so far and i really doubt that they've planned the finale yet, so I'm pretty sure they're making an effort towards doing it for the long haul

10. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Honestly, not that long. -shrug-

11. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

If animated didn't last past 3 seasons, I dunno...I wouldn't bet on a super long run.

12. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Are you afraid of the dark?

I'm hoping it'll last at least four, but since Hasbro still hasn't announced when the toys will be coming out or even shown pics, I'm really concerned about this series.

13. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Derrick said CN was ready to go ahead with a fourth season, but it would have taken another year and hasbro didnt want to have that much time in between seasons so the told CN they wouldnt support it and negotiaons fell under. Im currious as to where you got your info about season 3.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yea I couldn't really think of the right word. But how much the public is behind the new series should be a huge factor. Hasbro could love it, we could love it, but if they can't get the people with those darn rating boxes to watch it then there is nothing we can do about it.

Cartoons are tough call just like other TV shows. Some cartoons start with a strong following and fall to nothing and other shows fall into the tracks until fans start spreading the word that you have to see this cartoon.

Fingers crossed people will like Transformers Prime and stick with it.

15. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Since Hasbro owns the channel and has much more power over the show, it could last for a while, I'm sure it could probably reach 65 episodes. But that's assuming the Hub turns out to be a success.

16. Thunderchild

Thunderchild Well-Known Member

I think, the production team of TF: Prime is trying to bring back the more mature feel that Beast Wars established when it came out. I hated the concept of Beast Wars, but was hooked hooked on the show. I hope they can bring that level of story to this new series. As long as the ratings are decent, and the toys sell (OMGosh I cant wait for the figures to come out. I personally want the Decepticon Troopers, a Leader Class Optimus, and a Cliffjumper.) Then they might stick around for a while, here's hoping at least.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Really depends on how this first season is received, along with how well the HUB does as a whole. I think there's a good chance we'll get at least one more season. Though I could easily see it lasting up to four seasons if it does well.

Another thing that I think will affect how long TFP lasts, is if we get another movie after TF3. It's Bay's "last" movie, but someone else could step in for another sequel or two (though I'd rather see a reboot), or Bay could change his mind and make another himself. We'll just have to wait and see.

18. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    until tf3 comes out.then a new series.

19. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Hope it doesn't get canceled by TF3 (well, I'll have to see it first)! Also, why was Animated canceled? Profit?

I really hope I get the "HUB". I guess there's YouChoob.

20. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I'm sure it will be cut short for one reason or another :rolleyes2  My bet is it never even reaches Armada. We will NEVER get a coherent series anywhere near as long as the Unicron Trilogy.