how long is transformersPRIME going to last!

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by tfprime32, Oct 17, 2011.

?

how long is transformersPRIME going to last! since news about TF4

Poll closed Dec 6, 2011.
  1. 1-13 months long

2.7%
  2. 14-21 months long

2.7%
  3. 1 more sesons

8.2%
  4. at least 2-3 maybe 4 seasons more

70.0%
  5. a year or 2

16.4%
  1. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    since we just heard TF4 they are planing it! how long do you think the PRIME SHOW LAST
    As much i love the prime show and the movie line i think they will do both! cause a. prime is a show and TF Movie only 2-months b. TF movie wont last that long they could do both just like with the generation line!

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I see it going about five years at most. They'll want a fresh reboot to serve as a jumping-on point for the next generation of kids by that point.

3. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If we learned anything from Animated and the delaying of Prime's toyline, it's that the movie toys will trump any other Transformers franchise toyline. It'd be a helluva lot simpler to make a Transformers: Prime movie.

4. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Hasbro probably figured three years at the outside, unless it's a monster hit.

Time between TF3 and 4: Since TF4 is still in very early planning stages...probably three years.

And in todays instalment of 'I know how to run a multi-billion Dollar toy company'.....

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm hoping that Prime gets the three seasons that they've already planned out for story-wise. I honestly couldn't care less about a possible fourth movie (which hasn't been green-lit, so I wouldn't call it confirmed). Honestly, without TFP and Generations, I would probably loose all interest in the franchise. If a fourth movie happens, and it kills Prime, then I'll get what remaining Generations figures that interest me, and stop collecting Transformers till these horrible excuses for movies stop being made.

6. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Nobody's sure yet whether we'll actually have a fourth live-action installment on our hands. Hasbro probably wants to focus on TFP now, and they may not greenlight a fourth movie. That, and since Peter Cullen is throwing his all into TFP now, he may not want to work on a fourth movie either, which is the fastest way I know of killing a 4th movie.

7. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    me too! but.....but ....... they would do both or have prime in the accually for an example for summer to fall is movie line "right" and fall to spring! is the prime show and for the toys is movie line summer to fall and prime toys fall to spring i can see that happening !! it will be great if they did to of this !!! so we get 2 of the best line out there!

8. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's hard to tell. There have been a lot of good shows that were quickly canceled. Let's hope the Hub stays healthy so that it can keep producing the show.

9. Hellbat

Hellbat ヘルバット

Well I heard they wanted to give Prime 6 seasons and they also want a fresh reboot and hook up younger fans.
    Make it 4-5 years and put a Prime-movie on top

I'm optimistic and say six xears

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    It probably has a LOT to do with this point right here.

11. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    this confuses me

12. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Let me bring up a post I made earlier in the TF4 thread. Here's why it won't get cancelled like Animated:
    • Animated was a back up plan. It was made with the contingency that the Movie line would flop so that they would have something to fall back on. Of course, the movies were far more successful than Animated.
    • Prime, on the other hand, is meant to be Hasbro's main continuity for Transformers in the foreseeable future. When TF4 comes and goes, they'll switch gears back to Prime instead of doing another reboot.
    • Animated's cancellation also involves circumstances between Hasbro and CN. The Hub is more or less on the same page, so chances of a similar fiacso is slim.
    • The movie, if it happens, won't be here any time soon. Hasbro will have a lot more time and legroom on what to do with Prime and it's toyline when the time comes.

13. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I don't think a new movie will effect Prime in anyway? Prime should continue strong while the fourth film runs, and continue running long after it's toy line is dead and the film is out on DVD.

14. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    TF4 will have no effect on Hasbro's plan to have TFP last the rest of the decade.

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime is close enough to the movie-verse aesthetic wise to not fuck things up brand-face-wise, it even uses CGI. I don't see why TF4 would be a factor in ending it.

Animated was in trouble because it was COMPLETELY different from the movies, Hasbro is aware of that and that is why the Aligned continuity designs are so movie influenced, so they won't have Wal-mart going "no fuck your cartoon" again.

16. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    3 years at least, and they could do something like Beast Wars and Beast Machines, an have a sequel as a new series. However, Hasbro plans to keep the series going as its main line from now on, unless, of course, they do a TF4.

17. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I feel that TFP will end after three or fours years, however that won't be the last show in this continuity. I think a year or so after it ends Hasbro will make another series that carries on later in the timeline like BM or Energon. With luck it will turn out better than either of those.

I expect that show to last another two or three years at which point they'll either make a third show or reboot things.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I hope a long time atleast 3 to 4 years hell if the stories are still good afterwards keep on going,

19. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

None of the above. 10 years, according to Hasbro.

20. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    QFT.