How long has Hasbro been making batteries?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MECHADOOM, Sep 19, 2008.

1. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

HasbroToyShop.com Search Results Page

So I decided to take the batteries out of Universe Onslaught, and saw that they were not a brand I recognised. Upon closer inspection, I realized they were a Hasbro product called Pow R Fuel. Huh. And then I got to thinking...

Would you buy Batteries with a Transformers theme? I don't mean pictures of Optimus on the battery. More like a spark within a chamber, and maybe a single faction logo. Imagine opening your favourite Transformer's chest, and not having the real-world reminder that it's just a toy. Yes, it is the power source for the figure, but it fits in with the story better if it doesn't scream "BRAND NAME" battery.

You could put two of each faction in each four pack of batteries, and they wouldn't be limited to "power" themes. Pistons, machinery, Energon pumps, the possibilities are...many!

Thoughts?

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Shoulda just called 'em "Energon canisters" :) 

3. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i would get that lol

4. MECHADOOM

If they wouldn't be infringing on "Energizer", I'd be all for "Energon" batteries. They could still call them Pow R Fuel though. Just add different artwork.

5. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I think they should license a company to make an energy drink called "Energon". Could be grape flavored :D 

They could also make Energon X, lite in calories and sugar free, Super Energon which would be red and taste like cherries and Ultra Energon would have extra caffeine and maybe a different flavor, maybe lemon-lime?

Hell they could make a whole line of Energon drinks like Energon that's orange flavor and energon that's black cherry flavor. They could even make Energon cubes and Crystals as candy, one would be hard the other would be gummy and they could have sour versions too.

6. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    energon sounds cool!

7. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

The Batteries aren't made buy Hasbro , they just happen to have the their logo on them...... just like Drum Heads on a Drum Set..where Tama Drums use Evans Heads, and some other Drums use Remo Heads....... they are produced by another company but have theie logos on the products .

8. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    like all private label batteries they are made then the label is put on them at the factory.

Energizer batteries,
    Duracell batteries,

All made in Taiwan:lol 

9. MECHADOOM

Regardless of who ACTUALLY makes them, the fact of the matter is that Hasbro's name IS on them, so Hasbro can say what goes on them.

I think I have a question to submit for the Q&A with Hasbro. :)