How long does the love last?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Necare, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So we all talk about hunting and how great it is when you find the figure or get it in the mail. We talk about how we use,play and display our figures but I am curious how long the initial love and fun lasts with the new figures you get. Examples please...

This in the wake of many people starting to get their UM CC Trailer upgrade set.

For me I think it depends on how busy I am that week or how many figures I get at once. 1 figure purchased gets more attention than if I got 4 together and opened them all together. Though sometimes my interest is piqued pretty early, and some I still have fun playing with...

Many of the Animated figures like Leader Megatron the interest lasted a while however Universe Blaster interest didn't last all that long. Though I still love my MP-04 set and THS-02 is super great!

Right now Magnus has my full undivided attention!

2. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'm like you, if I get several figures at once they seem to get less attention than if I pick one figure up at a time. That and how busy I am during the time I get them.

3. ilikepuppies

ilikepuppies Mighty Muggs Make Me Mad

about 2 days after i get a new one :sly2: 

after that ill take one or two randomly about 2-4 times a week and fidget with them

4. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    same but usually if I want a figure badly and then when I get it I cant stop messing with it like Car Robots Black convoy there just so much win there

5. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    a week then i go back to the others and so on .

6. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

This.

However, after the newness wears off (which really varies from toy to toy), there's always a few I always go back to.

Right now, my Uni. Ironhide is sweet, and I like him a lot, but some of the figures I always end up going back to are Classics Mirage, Prime/magnus (I don't have my City Commander set yet), Uni. Sunstreaker and Energon Landquake. Uni. Prowl would be one of em, but his sticky paint has gotten pretty bad on mine. :( 

7. Joe1

Joe1 Well-Known Member

it depends on the figure. if it is a good figure, than i will like it longer. if it stinks than i will like it for a shorter period of time (if at all).

tho i usually try to avoid the figures that stink. tho, sometimes it is inevitable and u end up purchasing a stinky figure without knowing.

8. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    it all depends on the figure itself, and how badly i wanted it, and how long i hunted it :D 
    and i agree that the larger the haul, the less the love for each figure :D 

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I still play with figs I got over a decade ago. I guess you could say it lasts forever with me, but that's because (minus Christmas and Birthday) I don't buy five or six of these mofos a week.

10. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I try to limit how many I open unless I really was waiting a long time. 1-2 a week.

11. Mastodon

Mastodon Well-Known Member

5 Minutes.

12. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

it lasts quite awhile like it all depends on what size class with basics they hold my attention for at least a week or five days depending on which one it is and deluxes for about two weeks voyagers...meh i would say three days leaders man they can hold me for a for almost two months

13. mecha

mecha Banned

i have got 6 universe figures sitting on one side of this computer waiting to get looked at...and 4 universe voyager figures still in boxes on the couch...not enough time in the day...get home from work and got a couple of hours then bed...i usually just transform them a couple of times then shoe horn them on the shelf somewhere...

14. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    It all depends on how many I happen to pick up at a time and how long the wife will tolerate them in the living room before they get exiled to the basement (with the rest of my collection).

But while I'm on my desktop computer (which is also in said basement), I will pull one or two from the shelves to fidgit with while surfing the web.

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Good question. For me it really varies. There are some TF's that I have still in their packages that I just haven't gotten around to opening yet, like the clup membership free TFs, and Botcon Weirdwolf, who I didn't get as much as got. Others, like Cybertron Galaxy Force Vector Prime didn't last as long as I'd have thought, despite loving the "real" Galaxy Force Vector Prime for months.

Animated Leader Megatron and Animated Grimlock are still prominant, despite their peers being deregulated to barely display, while others like Noisemaze, MP Noisemaze, and (Cybertron) Sideways still being in my living room display for over a year. (And in fact, I'm looking forward to adding Classics Ratbat to the mix) Superlink General Galvatron has been on display for years now, and continues to be a figure I love to Transform or pose every now and then. I expect Shadow Commander to join this small group.

There's also a very special group that I still love greatly, but don't have on display for whatever reason (Space, display theme, to keep them from getting tiresome), including Brave Maximus, Black Big Convoy, Car Robots Black Convoy, etc. I still love them and they're in a special place, but they're not on display, nor have been for some time.

Some figures last for months, Cybertron "Sonic Prime", Botcon Alpha Trion, Tit Ultra Magnus and Rodimus, but eventually I do get bored with them and change them out, so I suppose I could call them middling interest. They were replaced with the Animated figures, who will no longer be on display in the next few weeks when I change it again. Before the Universe/Classics display, my display was mostly Classics and Cybertron/Galaxy Force. I have a feeling that "Universe Crasher" (Wal-mart Fracture) will end up in this group in the long run.

Some get replaced. Leader Energon Megatron was prominant until he was replaced by Energon Energon Megatron, the TRU 2pack of the Superlink figures. Classics Hot Rod was replaced by Tit Rodimus Prime.

Some do make a comeback. Cybertron "Sonic Prime" wasn't on display for a very long time, but has made it's way back, as have a few other figures who after a hiatus are enjoyed again. Cybertron Thunderclash is another example.

Unfortunately, some don't last long (1 week or less). Sentinal Prime didn't last long on my display, I grew tired of him very fast, as did poor Animated Swoop. Universe Depth Charge also didn't last long, nor did Energon Galvatron; for all his "GeeWun" goodness, he just felt oversized and too slavish to be real interesting to me.

Lastly, there are a few who I probably should've returned after opening, and these are the very few Movie figures I tried. Blackout and Scorponok (2pack), Voyager Starscream, and Deluxe Brawl and Wreckage. I hated them all, despite trying to fix them, and I still do. I never feel right about buying a figure then returning it unless it's damaged, but those I should've returned. I suppose if I ever do a photocomic, they'll be tortured or killed or somesuch in them.

Acid Storm went with it's peers with the other neo-seekers, along with Tit Skywarp.

In the end, most end up in Storage Bins, until I feel like pulling them up again, or until I realize I want to display them again. For some, I suppose it's their limbo, never escaping if they never get out.

So, the answer for me is all over the place.

16. Rhask

Rhask Member

Depends really, its rare to get figures like Concept BB that rock in every way possible.

Right now I do not think there is any need to hunt like we all had to for years. If I miss a figure that isn't exclusive I will see it at another store. TF's are really big right now and school is in, if you can shop mid-day or at restock time, you will find something you want.

17. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    It never ends.

18. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    An afternoon at best.

Yesterday Classics Sideswipe was awesome. Today, i'm indifferent to it.

19. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    For the most part all G.1's have my love - mainly because they never disappoint me regarding articulation. With many of the new figures they're articulate here and there but never to such a degree they're fully satisfying... with G.1's you know what you get :D 

Else I'd say my love lasts long since most figures I get are those I want. Powermaster Optimus Prime has to be my longest lasting love.

20. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I tend to buy a lot, so I don't typically identify with one or two figures for very long unless they're just mindblowing.

When I do have a figure that particularly impresses me (usually a new Binaltech or Universe fig), it always stays out for several days. An exception to this will be the new Alternity figures, who I anticipate will be taking permanent residence on my desk at the office.

Sometimes I get a "hankering" for something that's packed away... for example, last month I was like, "man, I'd like to pull out some of my CR/RiD stuff" at which point I unpacked the tub and spent a few days with those figs. I'm thinking Euro G2 might need to come out for a while in the near future.