How long does it usually take to get items shipped from Hasbro?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by glancer, Aug 20, 2008.

1. glancer

glancer Dinobot

If this is not the place for this thread, feel free to remove it.

I've ordered items from Hasbroshop.com many times, most of them are SDCC exclusives like Alt Nemesis in 2006, last year Pepsi Op and Alt Hotrod, and I always got them not before long.
    This year, however, it's not the same. I ordered Classic Nemesis OP and the order status online says that it was fully shipped on 7/28, but now I still haven't got it yet. There is a tracking # in the order detail. I checked both USPS and Fedex, which according to Hasbro Shipping Policy are used for Standard Shipping, but none of them have the information of that tracking #.

So how long did it take you guys to get yours this year? I read the posts here and people almost got theirs.

I've contacted Hasbro via email, still waiting. dang it...

2. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

Alas, I am in your same boat. I'm waiting for a reply from them now. It took foreveeeeeeeeeeeeeer to get my preordered Animated stuff. Most of it was already out in stores by the time I got it. I'm waiting for my nemesis now and my tracking number still comes up blank. I don't even want it so much now, I'll probly trade or ebay it.

3. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:

I would definitely call them. That's slow even for HTS. They've done little to shake a bad reputation for not having their s#*t together most of the time. Orders usually take a while using standard shipping (7-10 business days) but I believe you have a legitimate gripe here.

You can save a bit of money buying from HTS, but everything else about them leaves a lot to be desired compared to the other online retailers.

4. bhaalistik

bhaalistik Shockwave's Love-child

Whoa, ya 3 weeks is unusual for HTS...call them and track it down.

5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I had the same problem with my NP shipment. It took about 5 days before the number became active in the USPS system. Then it took roughly another 3-5 business days for it to arrive. If you got the tracking number on 7/28, I'd definately call HTS and find out what's going on.

6. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    It's threads like this that start to worry me. I have Nemesis ordered and supposedly shipped last Friday but the tracking number doesn't even work yet.

7. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

yeah, 3 weeks is quite long enough, you should've gotten it already. call/email hts to find out what's up.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    they probably arent done smashing the packaging yet. that can take quite a while. in my experience, they grab the smallest box in their reach, and then make your order fit inside of it, and actually getting it to fit can take a very long time depending on how many times they have to stomp on it or punch it.

my alternator nemesis prime was shipped in a box the same size as his truck mode. the shipping box itself was coated in a few layers of packing tape to make up for that.

HTS is awesome like that.

9. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

so true. my classics nemesis prime's box was crushed.

10. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    This whole affair has clouded my judgement on doing any other business with HTS. I found out on Monday that my order arrived at the post office on 8.4.2008 (to be delivered to my apartment building). Since I get all my mail at my PO Box, I've never used my mail slot before, it turns out that on the 8.6.2008 they shipped it back to Hasbro. This is the reason I don't like dealing with businesses that ship stuff through USPS, but NOT to PO Boxes.

11. justinRODimus

my tracking number works. first time it actually worked was today, turns out its sitting at my local post office so i should get it like tomorrow. but really, my care for this figure diminished as i waited. at first i was like cool, nemesis ORDER IMMEDIATELY. now i'm just kinda like, eh. maybe when its in my hands i'll get that feeling again. i really wish i had last years exclusive though, the alternator rodimus. if i don't get that initial feeling back, then i might not open it and try to get some money for last year's rodimus. if the box is crushed, i guess there's no point in leaving it misb :( 

12. glancer

glancer Dinobot

Go to HTS.com and you'll still see Nemesis and skywarp in stock. this just reminds me how Pepsi OP and Alt Rod went out of stock last year... T_T

13. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Yeah, my number only started working a couple days ago. Nemesis arrived today, box was in awesome shape, better than most of the ones I find at Walmart. Now for another year my SDCC Transformer collection is complete and I wait for what will probably be Movie or Animated Nemesis next year.

14. justinRODimus

i just got mine. thought about leaving it MISB, the box was actually in really good shape. but..................... i opened it and I'm satisfied. excellent toy (my first classics prime mold).

15. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One time I ordered Salavge and Evac from Hasbro and I had to wait two
    weeks before UPS finally dropped it off at my place.