How long do you think the Wreckers will be around?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lt. Faceless, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

On the shelfs.I sure that Nascar fee doens't come cheap.So,when Hasbro/Paramount stop paying,with they lose the rights to the movie wrecker molds? I can't see nascar letting them use their cars for free like that.Could this make the value go up on them,if they have to stop making them?

2. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought you meant until they all died. :lol 

3. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    You make an interesting argument, but, and I could be wrong, if the movie does well profit wise, I'm sure NASCAR would think the same of the toys, so hopefully we'll see them on shelves for a while.

4. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    If the guys sell (which they seem to be, unlike the Twins last movie), they will be around at least until next year. Hasbro will likely continue paying the Nascar license so long as the toys continue selling enough to justify it.

5. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    Well, we know that Topspin and Roadbuster are getting repaints, so...

6. Lt. Faceless

If i was nascar,it would be in the contract to repaint the hell out of them and start selling them at race events.If there is a group of people that have more money to throw at a hobby more that TF fans.Its Nascar fans,they spend CRAZY money gong to races.

7. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Lt. Faceless, that is the truth! They pay out the ass for collectibles of their favorite driver/car.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Who says all all future repaints have to be in Nascar decos?

9. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The license isn't like a lease or rental arrangement, where they keep paying for it or lose it. The license is a one-time lump sum (possibly with royalties on the sales generated with it as well). Once Has/Tak has paid to use it for a particular toy or number/grouping of toys, it's done. So it won't suddenly end and all the associated toys be removed from shelves.

10. Lt. Faceless

I wouldn't expect them to remove them from the shelves.There has to be a timeframe on the aggreement.Just like Hasbro has the rights to make marvel toys until 2017,then Disney gets them back.I was just curious as to how long until the license runs out and Hasbro can't use the nascar label anymore and the cars are nascar design.So when the license stops,they have to stop using that mold.

11. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I need to buy another Roadbuster ...darnnit

12. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nascar does not own the rights to the cars. Chevy does, and Chevy has a great relationship with Hasbro. The molds wont go anywhere, but the decals/numbers/logos, will eventually be removed/changed if later incarnations come to be.

13. Lt. Faceless

I'm not big into Nascar,so i don't know the details.I thought they got a new car a couple of years ago? 1 of those import companys(i forget which one).I just remember Nascar fans going all to hell cause of the change in cars.

Thats cool if the molds stick around,still can't hide the fact they look like Nascar cars.Even without the labels,people will know what they are at first glance(atleast round me).

14. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now that I think of it, they could just change the paint-jobs, weapons, and heads and create an entire Wrecking Armada!

...uh-oh, this could dangerous (and expensive). Having spent 4 years collecting Mattel/Pixar's Cars due to their teasing me with releasing all those racers from the opening of Cars, I hope Hasbro doesn't become as ruthless and devilish.