How long do you think it will take...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Yoakem, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

to get caught up? I'm just asking for the lulz, really, because I realize what a huge task it's gonna be for me, and I know it won't happen in a month. I'm on SE2 of Animated, finally caught up with Prime, and SE1 of G1. I plan to seek out anything Tansformers-related that I can find. I wish I'd watched this stuff when it came out, but noo! So dumb.

Are there any continuations you wouldn't suggest at all, and if so, for what reason? I plan to hit up Beast Wars right after I'm through with Animated. Lucky for me I can juggle watching two or three shows at once.

Oh, I mean TV-wise, right now. I don't have the time/money for comics--I'll have to think about those later.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It never ends.

3. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

That's what I was afraid of. :sly2: 

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Aside from the Japanese BW shows, the majority of Transformers TV isn't really hard to get ahold of and doesn't take "that" long to watch. If you're uh, up for pirating, the comics aren't hard to find either.

5. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

Yeah, pirating isn't my thing. And I watch what I can find online. If I like them enough, I'll buy the DVDs later.

6. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Watch the whole of G1 before starting Beast Wars becasue they're the same continuity.

As far as G1 I like to pretend that it ended with the movie since I hated season 3 woth passion, but hey you might like it.

Don't watch ANYTHING G1 related after the third series though. No Rebirth, no Headmaster not Masterforce just don't!

But then again if you want a real G1 experience I'd rather suggest readin the UK Marvel Comics since they destory the cartoon in terms of quality.

Don't waste your time with Japanese Beast Wars series as well they are completly pointless and sucky.

As for the Unicron torlogy Armada is the only one worth watching but isn't anything special. Don't watch Energon. And check out Cybertron.

If for soem reason you REALLY want to watch Energon then better chek out the Japanese version "Super Link".

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Armada's woprth watching from the 2nd half and on. Cybertron and RID are basically all round awesome.

Oh and Beast Wars is Beast.

8. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

It'll take you about a year or so to go through all the available animation depending on what you decide to watch. And I would actually suggest watching the Japanese series for G1. The Japanese Beast Wars stuff (Beast Wars II, Beast Wars Neo) can be skipped as they contribute absolutely nothing, but you may want to catch them just for laughs or at the "end" so you can say you've seen them all.

Most (if not all) of the videos including some well and not so well dubbed Japense stuff is available online. Most of the US Comics are available as reprints from IDW. Personally, I've never seen more than a little of Energon and Cybertron and I don't feel the desire to either.

9. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

Huh....and here I was thinking that Masterforce would be an okay series.....Ah well, don't care about it anyway. :D 

10. Underhead

Underhead Zamboni-bot

Beast wars can easily be enjoyed standalone, the "continuity" with g1 is incredibly loose and mostly unimportant when concerned with the characters and plot.