How long between the Movie and Season 3 is it

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by adamme, Apr 20, 2008.

1. adamme

adamme Well-Known Member

Just a quick one, at the end of the Movie Rodimus declares a new age of peace and happiness, having destroyed Unicron and thrown Galvatron into space. What I want to know how the Decepticons who had the whole of Cybertron under control, despite being leaderless suddenly lost the whole planet and ended up on Charr. Where they totally incomptent and the main question is what is the gap between the end of the movie and Five Faces of Darkness part 1, where we see the Decepticons in the state they are

2. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Is'nt that the time period the binaltech storyline tries to fill in?

Anyway I think the narration at the beginning of five faces was enough of a recap for me. essentially with the decepticons soldiers and their resources ruined from unicrons attack on cybertron. The autobots were able to drive the surviving decepticons off in only a year. Ironicly putting them into a similar position as the autobots were at the beginning of the movie. Only instead of constucting energy refinerys they fight each other for energon scraplets.

Without leaders the decepticons don't function, They don't work together and fight to the death at the drop of a limb.

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    FFoD takes place in 2006. Only one year after the movie.

4. sunnyswipe

sunnyswipe autobot

News Credits:
    i never understood how the decepticons fell into such in-fighting and ruin either, especialy with guys like onslaught,scrapper,soundwave,shockwave, ratbat etc still active, they wernt exactly leaderless!

5. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

Ah, but there were too many wannabe leaders, so...infighting!

6. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

In the US story it in in 2006. In the Japanese story it is 2010.

7. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, according to its opening narration, "Five Faces of Darkness" takes place in 2005. So, it's not very long after the movie at all. The show only transitions into 2006 a little later.

8. sunnyswipe

sunnyswipe autobot

News Credits:
    ah, nobody with a giant fusion cannon and bad attitude to uphold the troops.....moral!

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    They probably paniced in the face of losing several of their top generals and all tried to do their own thing, so the Autobots with Rodimus and Magnus were able to drive them right off of Cybertron.

10. Angel Magnus

Angel Magnus Well-Known Member

The Binaltech storyline mostly precedes the movie. Optimus Prime is still alive, Ravage locks Megatron and others into the Kronosphere before Unicron arrives, etc. The last couple of chapters involve the timeframe of the movie.

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    And somehow Daniel didn't age at all.

12. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:
    well look at charr...it was basically an afghanistan but on a global scale....barren rock and nothing else anywhere....plus like it or not...starscream and megs are basically the ones taking the intiative in the fights or leadership role....chop the head off a chicken and it body runs around like a headless chicken (the last gasps of decepticon cooperation occured when they were losing their last positions on cybertron).....

13. sunnyswipe

sunnyswipe autobot

News Credits:
    kinda makes you wonder why they chose charr in the first place doesnt it?
    like you said- nothing there!
    and, come to think of it, HOW did they get to charr? where are their ships?
    granted, sometimes decepticons are sometimes shown as been able to fly through space, but blaster and outback have to beat the location of charr out of dirge and ramjet (i think?) so it must be a fair-way from cybertron and any major space lanes! (i know, i know, ITS A CARTOON lol)

14. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

It's amazing.

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think Rodimus and Ultra Magnus find it on a star chart at one point. Rodimus comments "that's a planet? I thought it was a smudge on the screen". I guess the Decepticons figured nobody would look for them there while they prepared a counterattack. Then their leadership crumbled.

Also, I think Charr's not actually all that far from Cybertron. Like, same star system or something.

16. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They might have choosen Char because it was a wasteland. They knew the Autobots might be monitoring planets with life on it or resources to be sure Decepticons were not attacking it. Take the waste of a planet that nobody would have interest in and it is a good hiding place.

As for how they got there, Astrotrain, Blastoff & probably shuttles (which were used for spare parts when there).

As for a leader, maybe they did choose one at one point but leadership broke down when energy got low.

17. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Also consider this, if Rodimus and Ultra Magnus with a fighting force where clearing Decepticons off Cybertron, when was there time to build that gigantic (and stupid, wasteful) Funeral Ark? However, if most forces were on Cybertron, it would explain why Minibots were guarding Teletraan's Ark in FFOD. There are really no good timelines in cartoons.