How long before we see 3rd Party classics seekers?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Alucard77, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    So I was seriously debating getting Hegemon lately, since he is pretty much perfect. So I looked over at my shelf and thought, if they did the seekers, the only Hasbro/Takara figure I would really have on my Decepticon shelf that wasn't a custom or 3rd party figure is ML Soundwave.

So the question becomes, do you guys think we will see 3rd Party seekers in classics scale? I mean this seeker mold is extremely old and definitely showing it's age. Not to mention the never ending scale debate on them as well.

Obviously people would want a proper 3rd Party Shockwave, but let's stick to just these guys for a moment.

2. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    It would certainly be cost efficient, with so many repaints possible.

3. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Liscensed,3rd party and KO companies have already released the seekers toys in all the size levels.

More Liscensed,3rd party and KO seekers toys have been advertised. Their on the way in a few short months.

4. Alucard77

News Credits:
    True, I mean, at the very least I can think of 9 repaints. Not to even start what they could do the coneheads as well, with very little added parts.

Source?

BTW, I am talking CLASSICS.

Not MMC which is HoS.

5. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They've been done depending on your scale preference. KO, CHMS, iGear....all done. I don't see this as much of a great thing for them to tackle when the official release looks just fine. Unless they can do something completely new (a la Hegemon or a different continuity like HoS) I don't see this making sense for a 3rd Party to tackle when there's a bevy of characters who haven't been touched. Combiner teams, Throttlebots, Headmasters, list goes on and on. With them looking to make their mark, I don't see why they would waste their time re-treading figures that have been done almost perfectly by Hasbro/Takara.

6. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    We definitely need a voyager classics seeker mold to be only a head shorter than Megatron instead of being at chest height, and improved articulation.

7. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Yeah, I am thinking like Hegemon.

I mean, the United Megs, with a the wing mod was a pretty darn good classics megs. Now he is an after thought.

8. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

I think the idea is to go all new, like Hedgemon

Would be interesting, I guess, but I'd really only be sucked in if they started doing obscure cartoon variants like Slaughterhouse and... Whatever the Silverbolt coloured one was called, along with the other Rainmakers

I know there's at least one guy out there obsessed with the idea of someone doing an F22 Seeker IDW style and I can see it working, but there are other things I'd rather see before hand. The Classics mold isn't perfect, but it fulfilled my Seeker needs well enough

9. Alucard77

News Credits:
    My problem with them now, is that they are starting to stick out like a sore thumb next to all the 3rd Party stuff.

10. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    i would honestly be ok if they just upscaled the current classics verison add just a little more articulaion like bicep swivels (or shrink down the new mp mold)

but at this point the seekers are the only classics figure that hasnt been done by thrd party as far as main decepticons go

11. Avengers

Avengers Banned

I think the Prime,Dreadwing toy. Would make a decent revamp for the Classics seekers persona toys. all that's needed is seeker colors and a newer seeker head sculpt. perhaps this toy can sold under the FOC or universe store exclusive packaging.

12. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

I consider that a problem with the third party stuff more than I consider it a problem with the Seekers

Seriously, I doubt any third party is going to give me something as visually awesome as Classics Skywarp was

13. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you want to spend $100 per figure for something that already looks good, so they can be a head taller???? Man I wish I had some of your problems lol.

14. Omega_Sentinel

Omega_Sentinel Well-Known Member

I'd rather see headmaster, tagetmasters and monsterbots before getting a 20th iteration of seekers.

15. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Classic seekers are too small, sell 'em and stick with the MP's. Job done.

16. Deadfett

Deadfett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree 100% plus price of a 3rd party classics size seeker would probably be more expensive than MP lol

17. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd rather have 3P figures of the missing characters before new Classics Seekers happen.

18. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'd be excited for Seekers that were just a head shorter than Hegemon. I'd buy the big three & the coneheads in a heart beat.

19. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Pass. Sure, ideally the seekers would be an inch taller or so, but it's not important enough for me to drop another $300, $600, or upwards of $1000 depending on how stupid you want to go with all the different options.

20. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Well, come on. You know that is not a real problem.

But I think these seekers can be made at $60 a pop.

Well, then what would I have for my MP line. You know I collect both lines. :p 

Well, Skywarp was painted nicely. But when the seekers are the only thing that is Has/Tak on the shelf, they start sticking out. At least to me they do. They don't compete with:

- Hegemon
    - Hercules
    - PE Scouting force
    - PE Cassettes
    - FP Insecticons

I mean those look a lot better and more interesting.