How likely is my dream?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StarSaber79, May 29, 2011.

1. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    When I'm older I want to be a bassist or rhythm guitarist in a new famous band that will be like Ac/Dc, Airbourne, Metallica etc. How likely is my dream? With all the 1000s of bands wanting to hit it big time it seems unlikely. I don't wanna have a boring 9 to 5 life. I wanna be somebody!!! Is this likely?

2. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Well to be brutally honest, it is not very likely at all. But hey, make good music and people will pay attention.

It's all up to you, superstar.

3. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

You get out of it what you put into it, well that and a little luck helps of course :wink: 

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Hope springs eternal, but the statistics aren't on your side. Play from the heart, find some good friends to form a band with, and practice, practice, practice. Find the joy in music, and it won't matter if you're famous or not.

5. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    As someone that analyzes risk for my own benefit, I can guarantee you're better off trying to find a non-traditional job that you enjoy.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    You make your own fame, son.

7. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    You may want to get a day job just in case the music career doesn't pan out....

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Somewhat laughably, it's less about the music and more about the connections.

Without the connections, you have about a .07% chance of achieving your goals.

9. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Just do what you love, perfect your craft and don't worry about the possible rewards.

10. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Let's not quit the day job just yet, broski.

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I'll be straight up. Most people in your life will tell you Don't do it, it is impossible, why you and not anyone else trying? And a whole bunch of other crap.

SOmeone said you get what you put into it and that is pretty much it. And I was told an old saying, It is all luck but the more you work the luckier you get.

Practice hard, dedicate your life to it, be your own artist and the rest will come.

12. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    While I think it's only fair to tell you that anyone who says "you can be anything you want to be" is painfully misinformed, I think that it's equally fair to point out that if Beavis & Butthead can be in Metallica... maybe you can too. :) 

13. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You are more likely to get hit by a car, survive, be released from the hospital, and be hit by the same car again..

Yeah. Odds of anyone making it to a professional in any entertainment/sports field is next to nil. Best way to look at it is from a sports view. Look at all the millions of kids who play ball. Now there may be millions of little kids that play in grade school and middle school. Now to get into the HS level only about half or so make it.. Now to play college level less than 10% of them might make it. Now to play pro less than 10% of them will make it to a pro sport. and even fewer will become a household name. So odds of making it to any professional level are next to nil. The best you can realistically hope for is to find a few local musicians and play a few local clubs for a little money... never a career.

That or marry the daughter of a record executive/producer or something..

14. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    If your sitting in front of the computer talking to other manchildren about collecting toys, not likely.

Edit: im not saying successful ppl dont have hobbies n the like, but they dont sit around looking for peer approval to go out n do sonething. Most time these type of careers dude throws themselves into because theyd fucking die if they tried to apply themselves to a nine to fiver.

15. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    I could go for that. :) 

16. VIZGIX

VIZGIX Smug Bastard TFW2005 Supporter

You Might not "Make it BIG", but you can always go for your dream and live the kinda lifestyle you want, even if your not making alot of $

17. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

If you're interested in playing music professionally just to 'make it big' or rake in the cash, then you're doing it for all the wrong reasons, IMO. Be in it for the music, mate! :thumb 

18. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Well at least he's honest about it, and when you look at all the garbage that's making money & getting publicity these days, it's pretty hard not to look at yourself & honestly believe that you've got a shot if you can sing or play an instrument without breaking out in herpes.

19. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

Hey...if a no-talent ass-clown like Justin Bieber can make it big...I don't see why you can't! They will give just about anyone a record deal these days, it seems. Most of the music being put out today is crap. So, if you feel that you are talented at all, practice, practice, network, practice, and maybe you will do it, man!

20. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Ark Music Factor... go!