How likely is it that we get a re-release/new molds of classics ratchet and ironhide?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dkr7, Apr 7, 2011.

1. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    just wondering before i delve into getting the expensive henkei versions

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Not likely. Hasbro usually doesn't like to rerelease molds as the same character, as the chances it will be bought are less than if it is treated as a seperate character with a totally different paint job.

Considering how much more accurate the Henkei versions are and that the prices a quick search online yields, you'd probably be better off buying Henkei.

Alternatively, you could just ask around the BST threads to see if anybody has the Universe versions they'd be willing to part with. I can't imagine shipping to England combined with a reasonable price would be more than Henkei.

3. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Chances of a new classics-type mold - slim
    Chances of a rerelease - medium
    Chances of a rerelease this or next year - slimmer

Universe and Henkei versions were released around the same time so they've tracked each other in price increases.

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These guys are not worth $100+ apiece.

5. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For the prices the henkei versions are going for you can also consider the Botcon 05 versions as stand ins. Not sure what price ratchet is commanding nowadays though.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Semi on-topic, I'd be interested in buying these two again were they re-decoed into their movie colors.

7. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    i hope we get a update of them but i am happy with my henkei versions ( i just wish he had real damn hands!!!!)

anyway i have a classics ironhide that i customized if you are interested let me know

8. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  These guys aren't even worth the retail price.

I would try to be patient and hope to catch a deal around here on them. Don't drop mad cash on them.

9. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Me too! I actually was considering that after I picked up RTS Bumblebee. It made me think it might be cool to have a lineup of Classics molds done in movie decos... Ratchet in green, Ironhide in black, Jazz and Sideswipe in silver, a flamed-up Prime, Starscream in bronzey brown with tattoos, etc. It would just make a neat little crossover display.

10. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I would be all over that, especially a bright ass Ratchet. Would love it if they gave em the ehobby treatment that the originals got. Has/Tak could make a killing off me with any ehobby repaints of Classics.

11. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'd see if anyone is willing to part with one. I wouldn't pay full price for that mold. I got Ironhide as a gift from one of my groomsmen at my wedding, and I'm sad to say, it's so far the first, and only Classics mold I've been disappointed with. So much I passed on Ratchet.

12. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    I hope the mold gets re-released in some capacity along with Mirage.

13. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

Erm... since when? They release the same character with minor deco mods / updaes all the time under the same character name (possibly with a title added).

Classics:
    Starscream - twice
    Rodimus - 2 (3?)
    Cyclonus - 2 (3?)
    Bumblebee - 3? 4?

Movie:
    Deluxe Bumblebee - 2 (3?)
    Deluxe Baricade -2
    Deluxe Mudflap - 2
    Deluxe Skids - 2
    Deluxe Ravage - 2 (+ mailaway?)
    Deluxe Brawl - 2
    07 leader Optimus - 2
    07 leader Brawl - 2
    07 Voyager Starscream - 2 (3?)
    Voyager Ratchet - 2
    07 Voyager Optimus - 2 (3?)
    07 Voyager Ironhide - 2

TFA:
    Leader Ultra Magnus - 2
    Leader Megatron - 2

They're just the ones I can think of off the top of my head...

14. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Yeah I think WFC presents the strongest chance of a new mold for Ironhide/Ratchet.

I don't think a rerelease of the original as strong a likelihood. It wasn't great a mold in the first place.

15. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

All you have to do is ask yourself one question for your answer, why would Hasbro do it?

The answer is that they don't have any reason to. It serves them no purpose. People can talk about Starscreams and Bumblebees all they want, but fact is simply that they're popular, easily recognizable, and highly marketable characters to their target demographic. Ironhide and Ratchet not so much.

The only way it would happen would be what was mentioned earlier, for Takara to redeco them and release them through eHobby, whether it be in a movie-inspired deco or whatever.

Face it, you're 2 years late on both versions of Ironhide and Ratchet. Prices naturally jump when a toy goes out of production, and more-so when a line is discontinued.

16. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm glad I picked up both of them for around $10 each last year.

You can always hope to get lucky on ebay.... "transformers lot" tends to yield some nice results. Found quite a few rare and expensive items cheap this way.

17. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I'd be up for that, a green Classics Ratchet to go with TFA Emergency Ratchet, and G1 Kermchet :D 

18. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Personally I do not see it happening BUT, Hasbro has surprised us before.

19. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Everything you mentioned (excluding movie because they milked a ton of redecos with that) was rereleased as a repaint. So by your rational you can add Classicverse Ironhide to that list rereleased in a white repaint as Ratchet.

All in all you failed to prove your point because we are talking straight up rerelease not a repainted release.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Really don't see Hasbro doing the mold again since so many fans were rather disappointed the mold didn't capture the characters like so many of the other Classics figures captured characters.

For Ratchet I'd hold off until the Transformer Prime figure is released. Looks like the character has elements from several Ratchets so he might make for a better Classic Ratchet.

Got a feeling we will not see any new Ironhide figures until the movie related toys are totally over with. After that who knows perhaps we will see something like a War for Cybertron Ironhide or with all the guest appearances Ironhide might show up on Transformers Prime for an episode or two to get a toy release.

Ironhide and Ratchet are great characters but I think you'd have some buyers remorse if you spent too much on their disappointing Classics figures. So hold off to see what we get over the next year or so. Heck if nothing else at least wait until after Bot Con to see if Hasbro unveils the Transformers Prime Ratchet or not.