How large is the PS3 install for FoC?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by simplygriff, Aug 23, 2012.

1. simplygriff

simplygriff Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    Tried a search but didn't see anything. How much HDD space does installing FoC take on the PS3? Mine's nearly full so I'm trying to figure out if I need to free up some space. Thanks!
    -G

2. Ultra Rodimus

Ultra Rodimus It's over 9000

Bought FoC on the US PSN Store, cheaper than here in Norway, and the install size there was 8 gb. If you're thinking about install size when playing with a physical copy of the game, I'd guess around 3-5 gb. Not much, but it's all I'd know/guess.

Hope it helps somewhat.

3. Hook

Hook The real Constructicon leader Veteran

News Credits:
    Honestly, I don't even think it installs anything. Looks like it runs off the disc.

4. Skalor

Skalor Stunticon

News Credits:
    If you go to the PS3 Store and select to install it, the exact size will come up when prompted for confirmation, and should also be listed in the details. But as stated above, it's between 8 to 9 GB.

5. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

When you put the disc in it does not come up with the usual install screen it just loads up, but it does install data probably between loading and cutscenes. It takes up about 2 gig.

6. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, my PS3 didn't do any auto-install. And surprisingly no noticeably long loading times between campaign stages either.
    Infact the only long load times are on multiplayer between matches, which is understandable.

7. Phantom6

Phantom6 Well-Known Member

FUn fact, If you already have the demo installed you're gold. The demo seems to have the key data and the Disc fills in the missing bits.

8. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I didn't have to install anything the first time I ran mine. I had the demo downloaded and installed though.

The back of the box states how much space it needs. I can't remember exactly but it was something like 1.2 or 2.1 gb.

Is anyone else loving the short load time for the game itself? I usually just hop on and play a few matches before bed... the long load time of WFC was always something I hated.