How is the 3D like?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Yggdrasil, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I've only seen the 2D version with my buddie, and my dad wants to go see it in 3D so should I see it in 3D also?

I've only seen Avatar in 3D and didn't like it because it messed up the coloring of it all and it looked like I was watching it with sunglasses on. Is the colouring and the sharpeness of the picture still good even with the glasses?

Also do we get to see stuff flying at you like that Prime's big shell, or Starscream's drools and stuff?

Just asking since I haven't seen a lot of 3D movies so is it woth the money or should I convince him to go to a 2D screening?

2. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

You should absolutely see it in 3D, and that's something I'm not sure I'll ever say again about any movie until the Star Wars movies get the treatment.

Greatly overlooked fact: 3D movies (ones that were MADE for 3D, like this) are processed to take the glasses into account. The reason the movie seems darker to you is that the theater is running the projector at a lower brightness than it's supposed to. Projection bulbs are actually pretty expensive, so theater owners routinely turn them down to prolong their life. Paramount, Spielberg & Bay have been talking to theaters lately to convince them to run the projectors at their intended brightness, so hopefully some are listening.

But really, hasn't anyone else ever noticed how much brighter the movies appear when they come out on home video? THAT'S the intended picture.

3. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Watch it in 3D, man. Believe or not, it's quite effective at doing what it's meant to do.

4. MikeDiaz

MikeDiaz Well-Known Member

The only moment I found to be a true 3D moment was the sequence where Optimus engages the Driller, flies up into the air, shoots missiles into the building, and flies through it. That was just incredible in 3D!

Unfortunately, that's all that stood out to me.

5. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The 3D in TF3 is so well done you forget you're looking at it until something really stands out. It's the best use of 3D I've ever seen in a movie.

6. brawl 56

brawl 56 Aw..crap!

News Credits:
    Actually I don't like 3D in cinemas, so I was sceptical about the 3D in DOTM.
    But it was the first time, that it was really a remarkable 3D effect. Definately better than Avatar.
    So, don't miss it in 3D! It's worth the money! :) 

7. NighthawkPrime

NighthawkPrime Well-Known Member

Well. A lot seemed to stand out in 3d to me. Several times in the scene between Starscream and Sam i felt like i needed to wipe the starscream spit off my face.

In the explosions you could see small pieces and sparks coming at you.

With the rest. To me it looked like you were more looking out a window than at a screen.

Definitely worth seeing at least once in 3d.

8. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    The 3D is the best and I highly recommend it

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Very good, in my opinion.

10. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    The 3D was excellent. It was the first 3D film I've ever seen, so it was a bit different to what I was expecting. Instead of things flying out of the screen at me every two seconds which is what I thought would happen, instead it gave the picture enormous depth which completely immersed you into the world. There were a couple of in your face shots, Wang pulling the guns on Laserbeak comes right out at you, and a couple of shots of the warships feel like they're hanging in the air right in front of you. The flight sequences are amazing. I'm definitely glad I caught it in 3D, it's the way it was meant to be viewed. Also, if you can catch it on an IMAX screen, do it!

11. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know if its just me, but nothing really pops out in 3d movies. It just goes deep into the screen for me. I found the 3d worked the best when there was a lot of detail in the background. For example the scenes where they are in the penthouse in Chicago the view from the windows looked extra beautiful.

12. Sonicpower451

Sonicpower451 Well-Known Member

The 3D is definetly spectacular. I think the best scene with 3D is during the wingsuit scene. When it switches over to the helmet cam. on one of the flyers, you would really feel the adrenalin.

13. FMA1987

FMA1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i have the hardest time seeing 3D but this one was well worth the price i have seen it twice in 3d i dont know if i could see it in 2d

14. gshadyz

gshadyz Well-Known Member

over payed for 3D

15. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

Quite amazing in 3D, go see it in 3D, it's definitely worth it.

16. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    IMAX3D was nothing short of a thrill ride! Real 3D was so-so (too small a screen/glasses were uncomfortable). 2D I will see later this week.

17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I was pretty disappointed in the 3D until the second half of the movie.

There were some great depth of field shots, and some nice use of 3D on the particles.
    I didn't really see any in-your-face 3D but overall, I do think it was well utilized -after the 50 minute mark, anyway.

18. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I'm not fond of in your face 3d. That makes it more obvious, and it takes you out of it.
    When it's subtle, however, you can ease into better.

19. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

I saw it again today, this time in IMAX 3D. While it was a lot more impressive with that insane sound system & larger screen, I have to admit I was a little disappointed that none of the movie was shot with IMAX cameras like RotF was. I seem to recall reading this long ago, but forgot about it until today.

Still a great experience though.

20. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Ok you've convinced me I'll be seeing it in 3D also...

Good thing it's a bright movie so I hope the coloring dones't get too f***ed up since the theatres I got to are cheap bastards and I doubt that thay would increase the brightness of the projector.