How is Henkei Starscream?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MagnusPrimal, Oct 18, 2008.

1. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I've looked for reviews of the figure, and I haven't found much mention of the mold, only the paint and chrome. How are the joints? Anything too tight/loose? I'm thinking of getting one of these rather than the upcoming Universe Starscream release, and I'm wondering if there's anything I should watch out for.

2. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    You'd rather spend $30 on a $18 than $10 on a $10 toy?

3. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    IMO he's Jawsome but that's because i love the mold and own a lot of screamers.

The classics 25th looks a lot like it though for cheaper.

I just bought a new 25th screamer so i should have him by next friday for comparisons.

4. MagnusPrimal

The henkei version is on sale at BBTS (25% off sale) for about $20. Also, I have an extra Classics Screamer I can sell for $18. So it comes out nearly even.

I was going to get Universe Starscream, but the condition of Henkei Thundercracker makes me worry about how much the Classics seeker mold has degraded.

5. drill

drill Gotham's White Knight

News Credits:
    What about Acid Storm? He seems to be fine.

6. MagnusPrimal

I've been wondering that myself. Which one was made first? Heck, I don't know that the mold is degraded, I'm just worried that it is. I'd rather get a Henkei Starscream than risk getting a defective Universe one. However, if there's a review coming up next week, perhaps I'll hold off for a bit.

7. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    acid storm is fine(my prototype is loose)

Henkei starscream has no loose joints

8. MagnusPrimal

Thanks.

I wonder what happened with TC, since Acid Storm and Henkei SW don't seem to have any issues?

9. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

he is one of the few henkei's i planed to get until hasbro came out with their own, and the only reason why i am getting the hasbro version instead, not because of colors or anything but just because i'll be buying the other figures in that set, as a set from bbts most likely, lol.

but from what i've seen, and what i've heard, it is highly recommended, and looks g1, while at the same time, not being too "boring" like other of the henkei guys have been, with basically being all "one color" like convoy is, compared to his classics one.

so if you want to shell out cash for it, or are planing on getting the thundercracker/skywarp pair, then i would suggest henkei's, but if not, and just want one of that mold, then i suggest the hasbro version, if you do not want to spend too much on it.

10. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    well, the figure itself is fine, no loose joints or anything..but that wasnt the problem with the hasbro version, right? the paint job is just better and more G1 accurate on the henkei, AFAIK...but u might as well wait for the 25th anniversary SS, it'll be much cheaper for u, and its gonna get an even more accurate paint job, i believe

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    get the universe version i would.

12. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Henkei Starscream is fine. I don't know what happened with Thundercracker (mine has guns that don't even fit) but Acid Storm is fine as well. I honestly think the limited Thundercracker version had something go wrong since I also got Skywarp and he is fine as well. Universe Starscream will be fine. The mold couldn't have degraded THAT much.

13. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I think instead of wasting the mold on more Starscreams they need to make a Sunstorm and the other 2 Rainmakers.

14. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Yeah, and they'll be Botcon exclusives.

Anyway, Henkei Starscream is great if you collect Starscreams; the paint is different enough to collect him. Otherwise, if your just looking to have a classics Starscream, it'd save you a bit of money to go after the original Hasbro one.

15. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    There is also one other difference between Henkei and the upcoming 25th Starscream that no one else seems to be mentioning.

Henkei is a light gray color, the 25th is white. Look at the wing stripes on them. On the Henkei, he is gray with white and red stripes, the upcoming 25th is white with gray and red stripes.

I prefer the Henkei better for that reason.

16. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

I couldnt stand the regular classic starscream because of the face. THe new one is better, but way too white. I say pick up henkei, the joints are fine.

17. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

I wish they would of done armada screamer