How is Cybertron selling?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Seeker, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    They seem to be doing okay in my area even though the toon seems to have tanked. Any industry info?

2. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    They seem to be doing so-so in Toronto... however, I've yet to see Metroplex and the re-paints for Prime, Override, Excellion, Skywarp, Cannonball, etc.... (I don't think it helps the cartoon if many figures are released so late - I remember the Energon gestalts took forever to be available).

I wouldn't be surprised if retailers start selling them cheap soon to make space for the Classics line.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    they're doing fine here, except for mudflap and CDRA. everything else is selling great, and its not even a large market here

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    pretty good here too, except the shelfwarming red alert and mudflap.

5. Viper_486

Viper_486 Cobraaa!

They cant stay on the shelves in my area either.
    I just wish they'd restock the shelves with figs from the newer waves... :banghead: 

6. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    there are selling good in my area to and we get the new stuff fast

7. mag_jr.

mag_jr. <B><font color=red>TFW2005 Article Guy</font></B> Veteran

Basics and deluxes sell steadily, and they've been selling faster in the last few weeks than they did last fall (except at Christmas). Leaders sell slowly but steadily (except at TRU). Voyagers and Ultras sell... not at all, at stores that only have Mudflap and CDF Red Alert.

The Mini-Cons, though... those sell obscenely fast, better than almost any other action figure, to the point where they sometimes sell out completely.

8. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Yin and Yang

They sell alright near me, except my closest Walmart has 6 ultra's (5 of them CD Red Alerts that have not moved for 3 months at least) and at least 6 or 7 Mudflaps. They won't order anymore ultra's until at least 3 of those ones sell, they have a policy of keeping 2 cases of a product on their shelves.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    There seems to be a decent turnover in my corner of the UK, but I couldn't say for certain since there aren't any in the shops immediatly near me. My brother goes further out on his little road trips all the time and has picked up the ones I don't have for me. I've plain never seen them in a shop myself!

10. Nitroquake

Nitroquake Well-Known Member

There selling good in my area the only things that are'nt selling are Mudflaps guess no 1 likes a Robot with a French accent.

11. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

I like Mudflap....but not enough to buy more than one!

12. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As far as my stores goes, Voyagers sell well (when we ever have the damn things!) now that Mudflap is gone, basics and minicons seem to move ok, deluxes have been moving but seem to have stopped in the last week or two. Ultras and Leaders... well we haven't gotten new leaders since October or so, and no one wants the last Megatron. Ultras is almost as bad, but with CD Red. So I can't really tell.

13. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Well-Known Member

Would sell better if they had new stuuf over here in Qu├ębec.

14. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In all the stores I frequent, the Minicons, Basics and Deluxes fly off the shelves with the exception of a few pegwarmers (Landmine, in particular). Other than Mudflap and CD Red Alert, the Voyagers and Ultras sell fairly well too. The Leaders and higher go really slow, with tons of Galvatron lying around and the occasional Megatron, Optimus and Starscream still available.

15. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Considering the lack of the cartoon/adverters, It's doing okay here. Like elsewhere, The basics and deluxes
    are by far the biggest sellers.

The packaging design is a large factor i'd say.

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    They put 'em in stores and apply pricetags, usually. :D 

Mudflap and the basics are starting to warm the shelves around here. Oh, and for some wierd-ass reason, my local TRUs got a BUTTLOAD of old Alternators Smokescreens in recently, which they're still selling for regular retail price. So...if anyone missed Smokescreen the first time around, hit me up!

17. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    seems to do brisk business around here, the fastest seller since the first 1/2 of Armada ~ deluxes especially seem to cycle with surprising regularity

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    We're pretty much up to date through Metroplex and Nemesis Breaker here...but we still have shelfwarming CD Red Alerts and Mudflaps like everywhere else apparently (still feel bad for Mudflap...one of the best Cybertron toys doomed to shelfwarming:( )

Everywhere has pegs full of Older stuff as well as Excellion, Override GTS, Cannonball, and Skywarp

19. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

My local stores do not seem to move anything. THey have had the same old stuff on the shelves since Christmas. I have to travel 20min to the north or the south to get to stores that actually have stuff. Fot instance. I bought soundwave from a TRU about45 min NE of me almost a month ago, and one of my local stores JUST got him last week. My local TRU STILL have an army of Mudflaps. I don't know why they just don't clearance them out to move them. You know they probably have the new stuff in the back somewhere. Other then that the newer cybertron stuff always sells out fast. likewise I have not seen an alt prime in my immediate area. Had to travel to get one in a store that actually has business.

20. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Everything seems to be moving fine here except for CD Red Alert (although enough have been sold to get Wing Saber and Sky Shadow out on the shelves in a few stores), Mudflap, and Evac.