How is Classics Blades?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bluestreak76, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

I was in Target today searching for Ironhide, Silverstreak, Sideswipe, and Prowl and they didn't have any of them but they did have Classics Blades for $20. I almost picked it up but I haven't seen much coverage on this figure, how is it? Is it on par with say Jetfire?

Thanks^^

2. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    It's a nice figure, I'm a fan of it. A lot of people like the mold.

3. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I didn't get the mold when it was originally released in Cybertron, so I picked up Blades when he came out. I have to say he's pretty sweet IMHO. He fits right in with the other classics I have.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
  5. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Well I have blades and evac. But I think I at least like the contrast in blades windows more.

Its a great mold. Good transformation. perfect non gear clashing rotor spinning gimmick.

At this point ask yourself if you would rather just have the springer target exclusive. If you only want one of the mold that is.

6. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    great figure

7. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    its a great mold, and a great paint job imo, so its a great figure for me...i also love universe springer...same mold and a nice paint job..so its cool too..get it, get em both

8. Bluestreak76

Yeah imma go pick up Blades later today.

As far as Springer, nah. Blades I can understand, he was a resq heli albiet a Protectabot but still a heli. Springer was a Triple Changer and much like the Classics Astrotrain, they shoulda kept with that. Repainting Blades/Evac green and slapping the Springer name on him is boring and lazy. If anything they coulda just done a repaint in blue and slapped the name Whirl on him like the smaller classics legends which is the same model copter if I am not mistaken.

But yeah, Blades is def one imma buy.

Repaints within reason, i agree with. Sunstreaker/Sideswipe ok, Cliffjumper/Bumblebee ok, even Mirage/Dragstrip ok. They were all similar to begin with, but some repaints are just dumb. It's too bad Spring was one of my fav's from the Movie and now hes just gonna be limited to 2 modes.

9. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i guess springer shouldve been a triple changer, ur right...i was disappointed too..but i really like this mold,and i got him loose a while back...quite nice...no way i was buying the 2-pack, especially as i had to buy both 2-packs together over here at specialty stores(no target here :D  )

10. Bluestreak76

I guess I have an unfair advantage, my best friend has worked at Target for over 10 years (were both 32 btw) and he has been working in the back room this whole time and was recently promoted to toy dept supervisor. He does all the product alignments and stuff on the floor. I called him yesterday and said I was collecting transformers again and he said he would LMK when the good stuff comes in and I can call and have certain ones held.