How I would have done the movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Superion33, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Just a simple take on my opinions. You are obviously entitled to your opinion on whether to agree/disagree with me, but can we please not make this personal? Make this about my ideas - not about me as a person. There is a difference.

EDIT: Actually, anyone else wanting to change up the movie to suit their own personal style, feel free to do so...

Optimus Prime is fine the way he is - minus the flames. They added nothing to me - this is just a purely personal aesthetic choice. Obviously, you can differ, but this is just my humble opinion. His alt mode is that of a fire truck just so he has more size.

Bumblebee should be a 5 door/2 door hatchback or subcompact. He is a scout and I would rather him be something a kid in high school is actually going to drive - rather than a Camaro.

Bumblebee can also speak. While his not speaking had a certain Herbie charm in the first movie - its gotten to the point of eye rolling to me. No point in keeping him mute anymore. More characterization can be given to Bumblebee now that he actually speaks and can say his true emotions better with an actual sentence rather than by song.

Jazz is NOT the 2nd in command. Jazz is just another grunt. Prowl is the 2nd in command taking after the classic "pretty boy" role of leader following along the lines of Cyclops or Leonardo. Jazz gets into earth's hot rodding/modding culture. He gets into the sound sytems and gets a new paint job.

Ironhide is fine as he is.

Ratchet is a normal ambulance. Not a Hummer. And he is much grumpier.

Megatron doesn't have jagged teeth. Starscream doesn't have reverse knee joints. Decepticons do not look like Arachnids/Crustaceans. OR give the Autobots those same features. Give the Autobots multiple eyes and razor sharp teeth too. The entire premise of making the Decepticons into the monster from the black lagoon or whatever is cheap.

I like the movie design but I think its taken too far. Tone it down just a little so the audience has an easier time knowing what it is they are looking at. Don't have as much random metal sticking out for no reason. Streamline their forms a little. The audience should know exactly where body parts are when 2 robots start grappling around on the ground rather than seeming to look at scrap metal being tossed around in a dryer.

No stereotypes. No toilet humor. There can still be plenty of well written humor - just more mature and not so cheesy.

No MacGuffins or Deus Ex Machinas. The plot can be VERY VERY simple yet still be good. Keep the premise simple though. There is no mention of the Matrix, the Allspark, the Well of Allsparks, the Oracle, the Plasma Energy Chamber, the glasses, the sun destroyer, or anything else mystical. The Decepticons are here on earth due to it having vast natural energy sources. Instead of directly confronting the humans, the Decepticons keep out of sight and are planning subterfuge to subjugate/exterminate the entire human race so they are free to take the energy without disturbance. The Autobots are making sure that won't happen. Think IDW Infiltration and how disguise is a very large part of the story. Many shots of TFs talking in robot mode ala Knight Rider. Many shots of TFs having hidden missile compartments/oil slicks/smoke screens ala Spy Hunter. I want to see the live action version of the G1 bumper where Jazz attacks a Decepticon, the Decepticon throws him, Jazz transforms into car mode to avoid the impact, turns around, drives straight at the Decepticon, and turns back into robot mode.

Megatron is a tank. This time an earth tank to avoid detection. With a massive rail gun.

Soundwave looks EXACTLY like Blackout. In fact - Blackout is Soundwave. Soundwave does not have minions. Thats just too hard to do.

Jetfire turns into a space shuttle - suits his role as a science officer/boy scout astronaut really well.

Again, these are all just my opinions. Feel free to comment on my ideas - not bash me as a person. Have a good day.

2. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

I understand your enthusiasm and I agree with some of what you say....especially the humor...however I like the designs and the alt modes...

prime- is great

Bee- is great

ironhide- is great

ratchet- i like the alt mode but he should be white and red...

jazz-should have been given more respect

prowl- would rather have seen him in movie 2 over jolt or the twins ( although the twins were funny)

jetfire- good alt mode...but him being old and the cane were so stupid...I hated it!

I like how all the decepticons have been done....except devastator!!! he did nothing but growl smash some things

basically these movies need less humans and less humor!!! and more bot screen time and more disticnt fight scenes....like during battles focus on autobots vs. cons not the military vs. cons

3. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I will pair up the bike sisters with Optimus, Ironhide and Ratchet and it will be a love story and there will be no violence.

4. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

My rotf plot twist!!!!

I loved the movie until prime died...

(except take away sams mom getting high..that was annoying!)

so besides him dying megs stabs him in the back but before he gets the finishing shot off ironhide comes and spears him...the other autbots fight off megs and starscream...ratchet goes to primes aid and realizes he needs energy so jolt actually has a purpose and uses his electric whips to keep him alive...basically a resperator...however rachet cant repair him completely so sam still needs to retrieve the matrix!!! after the autobots go back to base they have a 5 minute scene with all of them except bee skids & mudflap to develop charatcer and decide what they should do...

leo leads sam & company to simmons but leo and simmons dont come becuz they did nothing but provide pointless humor...sam gets jetfire they go through space bridge and besides there being like a da vinci code quest jetfire leads them to the matrix...

the final battle begins jetfire bee skids mudflap help sam getting to optimus...in the main battle we see more of the autbots fighting cons...sam revives prime....then the autubots begin to win but then megs orders the formation of devastator...this would have enabled there to be less confusion cuz the constructicons could have been fighting but they were losing so they formed him...there wasnt like devs and then more individual constructicons...after devs is formed he does a lot of damage then begins destroying the pyramid but the autobots (not a stupid rail gun) work as a team to bring him down...in the process jetfire is wounded then the fallen shows up he starts kicking ass but jetfire gives his spark to prime and prime kicks the fallens but....in the final scene all the autobots who lived are standing on the aircraft carrier with prime and sam to let us no who made it..

this would have gave us less humans and humor and more characterization of robots and more of them fighting....it would have been so much better this way!

5. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    these are some great ideas, i'd love to see them in place in a new franchise