How high are your expectations for DotM? (Pre April Theatrical Trailer)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Orbital, Mar 26, 2011.

?

Your Expectations > Publics/critics Expectations

1. 1 out of 5: Your expectation (LOW)

17 vote(s)
    16.8%
  2. 2 out of 5: Your expectation

6 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. 3 out of 5: Your expectation

18 vote(s)
    17.8%
  4. 4 out of 5: Your expectation

32 vote(s)
    31.7%
  5. 5 out of 5: Your expectation (HIGH)

30 vote(s)
    29.7%
  6. 1 out of 5: Critics/Public expectations (LOW)

12 vote(s)
    11.9%
  7. 2 out of 5: Critics/Public expectations

27 vote(s)
    26.7%
  8. 3 out of 5: Critics/Public expectations

27 vote(s)
    26.7%
  9. 4 out of 5: Critics/Public expectations

10 vote(s)
    9.9%
  10. 5 out of 5: Critics/Public expectations (HIGH)

11 vote(s)
    10.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey,
    so I was curious, without having seen or know anything about the trailer that will come out sometime in April, and only basing your opinion on what we know so far(excluding really vague rumors like Blitzwing/Twins/Silverbolt.); what would you rank your expectations of DotM on your own personal enjoyement, i.e Do you think you will love it or hate it(Disregarding how it does critically with everyone else.)?

Also, vote on how it will rank critically with the rest of the public, even if your opinion may differ. The reason im giving you the chance to vote twice is to see how different peoples expectations are of themselves enjoying it with how they think it will be enjoyed by the rest of the public. For instance, plenty of Transformers fans loved RotF, yet it was absolutely bludgeoned to death by film critics. Michael Bay has even joined that bandwagon of haters.

So I figure, not all of us share the same views on films, we'll enjoy something others don't and vice-versa, but that doesn't mean we can't acknowledge the film might still be unenjoyable for others.

So stick to two votes, one for each poll within the poll and feel free to let us know what you picked and why.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    My expectations are pretty low, although I don't doubt it'll make mad bank, draw in the non-fans like flies on shit and end up butchered by the critics.

3. rodriguez256

rodriguez256 Well-Known Member

I voted high expectations

4. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    I voted 3/5 for my expectations, and 2/5 for the critics.

5. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    I'm not smart enough to decipher your poll, but I think it'll be a pretty good movie. Gotta be better than Rango, right?

6. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol I heard Rango was good...The first options are 1 to 5, how you would rank your expectations of Transformers: DotM so far. The second set of 1 to 5 is to rank what you think the critics and the rest of the public's expectations are.

I voted 4 out of 5 for my expectations, I know I'm going to enjoy this, I usually always enjoy comic book adaptions despite how critically panned they get and I enjoyed RotF the first two times.

I voted 2 out of 5 for the expectations of the public and critics. Bay is very unpopular amongst film critics, I strongly doubt any of them believe in him and think he'll finally make a great film especially with a Transformers film. Also, as appose to RotF, this time around, very few people know that much about DotM, most don't even know when its coming out and a lot less care too.

7. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Rango dragged on forever... My dad fell asleep.

Ooookayyyy, two things to vote for. Gotcha. Gunna say four for me 'n two for the critics.

I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to movies. If the sound and CGI are good, then so am I.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

1 out of 5 for me. I just don't see the alive action franchise turning around enough after Revenge of the Fallen to make a film I'd be happy with. I'm sure there will be some really cool scenes, but over all I'm expecting to be disappointed again.

Went 2 out of 5 with the critics and public. If Bay does the same things he seems to do every film then I'm sure the critics will call him out on it. With so many big new action film series out this summer I've got the feeling that Dark of the Moon will not be as huge of a draw when there is real competition this time. Of course there will always be the Bay fans who will flock to the film because he can't make a film that is too bad to watch for his die hard fans.

9. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

My expectations are high I love both movies I love this one too

Come megatron kill prime now

10. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

5 out of 5 for me. Rango was pretty bad everybody, just my two cents.

P.S. I know it's off topic but doesn't Sentinel look a bit like Jack Sparrow!

11. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    my expectations:4/5

critics expectations : 3/5

12. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    3/5 for me and the critics but only because I remain cautiously optimistic. The movie could go either way, really.

13. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    4/5 for me and 3/5 for the public and critics.

14. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    3/5 for me, 0/5 for critics, 4/5 for general audience.

15. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My hopes are high that maybe this will be the best of the three. (how hard could that really be?)

But my expectations are quite low. (although the only way it could be worse than rotf is if it had no robot battles in it)

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It could be harder than we think.

Take a look at the Jurassic Park series. First film had that wow factor of seeing the dinosaurs for the very first time. Everyone was oh wow you've just got to see it. Kind of the same way with seeing live action Transformers transform for the first time.

But then Jurassic Park started going down hill because that wow factor wasn't there any more. Sure they added all sorts of new dinosaurs but people still felt like they had seen people run from dinosaurs already.

So we've already seen Transformers transform, we've already seen the Autobots and military beat the Decepticons twice, and we've had the magical MacGuffin that will save the day twice. Unless the third film can really deliver on some new stuff it could suffer from the franchise fatigue of having seen all this stuff twice already.

17. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    3/5 on both counts. Interesting to see from the results that people have high personal expectations, but don't expect the public/critics to feel the same way.

18. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

We should save this poll for when the bitching about critics 'hating' kicks off again.

19. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Can I then make a thread asking why people care so much about others opinions in regards to movies? And then we go in circles for another 2 years.

20. Arkvander

Arkvander Optimal Optimist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I find that if I keep my expectations as low as possible at least I am not disappointed when it does come out. I learned my lesson with ROTF. 1/5 for me, 2/5 critics.