How has your opinion of Animated changed over it's run?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Sage o' G-fruit, Mar 1, 2009.

1. AMG

AMG Old School

After watching the '07 Botcon trailer I wasn't really impressed. Didn't give it much thought after that.

But after watching the show I'm now a die hard fan of the Animated universe. I love the toys too, show accuracy and style FTW.

2. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    Watched the initial 3 episodes and wasn't impressed, especially by the animation quality (ironic when ANIMATED is in the title). Didn't watch another episode till Garbage In Garbage Out because I wanted to see Weird Al as Wreck-Gar. Was funny, but the animation was just as bad, and the silly human villains were annoying. Toy-wise, I've been consistently impressed with how close they are to the animation models. Recently, I marathoned the entire series, and I was blown away. Turns out the bad animation I was berating it for was the minority of the series. Most other episodes looked much better. Characters were unique and likable. Action scenes were amazing in their choreography (pretty much any time Prime used the booster on his axe).

So in summation:

Love the toys
    Love the show
    Look forward to the new season

3. Spoon

Spoon Banned

I started off swept away in the excitement of it all.

Now I hate it. I just think it's a really mediocre show, with Starscream being the only point of interest for me. To be honest, I think it's been overhyped by the fandom. It's not that fun. No, I have no problem with human villains. I think the sparse use of the Deceptcons was a good idea. But, at the end of the day, it just seems to make one underwhelming package, with the 'message of the week' getting in the way of any decent story-telling.

I think I'll establish now that I have no problem with the designs as Transformers. I just don't like them because they look like every other Cartoon Network show on at the moment.

The toy's are alright, though.

4. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've liked the show from the moment I saw an image of the Autobot ensemble and admired the show's creators for building their own little universe and taking their time to build a story from G1, Beast Wars and the Movieverse. I do like their designs and how accurate the resulting toys, even though the show's animation is a bit limited, which is my only criticism of it. I hope there's a sequel one day.

5. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I honestly don't know why a TF anime couldn't be really good, beyond a refusal to have it well written and well animated. Perhaps Hasbro just doesn't want to spend money to make money through their half-hour long commercials?

Hmmm...that's got to be it.

6. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

didn't like the art designs at first. Saw the Starscream toy and thought it was kind of ugly, then saw the Prowl toy and loved it. Just couldn't believe 'that' bike could become 'that' robot. Where'd all the kibble go?

Watched the show and liked it alot, despite the art style the writing and characterization I thought was really, really good.

Bought Voyager Megatron. Epic sucky failure,...almost gave up on the toys right there.

Bought Prowl, (whoa this is pretty cool,) Bought Cybertron Prime (damn, this is pretty cool too)

Bought Lockdown, (holy crap! This deluxe is a BIG BOT!)

then just continued to keep getting the toys and enjoying the show. The toys really impress me with how accurate they are to the show. Ones like Ratchet are just amazing at how accurate they are, even down to the shape of his plug/war wound being the same shape it is on the show. Prime, Grimlock, Bulkhead, just great toys.

Now if only we'd gotten an accurate Bumblebee. (boxy forearms, black in the right spots, etc.)

All in all I think it's been a great series. Can't wait to see Season 3. I only need a few more figures to have them all, sadly I skipped on Snarl and Oilslick and now I really regret it. Can't wait to find Waspinator and Shockwave, and hopefully I can still find Snarl and Oilslick online or wherever.

Kinda sad I skipped the leader class toys as well, but I was buying all the deluxes and at the time I thought I had plenty of time to pick them up later. Really didn't anticipate the Animated toys coming off the shelves less then a year into the toyline.

oh yeah, I love all the homages and one liners in the cartoon as well. Little things like seeing Kremzick *sp?* on the 'Please Stand By' TV in the Sound and Fury episode really make me smile.

7. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    At first I loathed them. Then I loved them. Then I felt indifferent towards them.

8. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was open minded when I first saw the artwork.
    And when I saw the toon and started getting the figures I liked it.

I'm not one of these fans who flies off the handle at something new. I take the sensible, mature approach and wait and see.

9. Sapphire-Light

Sapphire-Light Red sports car

News Credits:
    Is not that bad like I thinked it could be, but is never goin to be in the level of awesomness other TF lines for me.

The series is too super hero like sometimes and not giant bots in a war, some chareters are very funny, and I like how Blackarachnia pest the bot, and I'm very happy with the toy.

But my mayor dispointment is Prime :peoples:  I knew he was goin to be differnt from the other Primes but I didn't expected this , I never hated a TF charater like this before, he's too weak, fearfull and extremly annoying, his desing is plain awefull, mostly the face.

Sorry to the ones that like him, but to me he's just awefull..

10. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

I thought at first that the designing team took acid, but honestly I thought the design was awesome! Story line is just great, good text, good humor, I even started to like Sary.
    I love the fact that the toys and character transforms the same way!

To me, simply the best serie since g1

11. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I still don't like the toys particularly the Animated aesthetic, the show I used to hate but after seeing a bit of it I'm more indifferent to it. It's a decent little show but still pretty standard when you compare it to all the other toons out there. For me though if I really want to see a good show with giant robots fighting I'd rather spend the time watching shows like Gundam, Macross, or Code Geass which are far above and beyond anything Animated has to offer.

I'm still glad people do enjoy TFA though and as long as it helps to bring new fans in it's all good, but personally I'm not interested in Animated and have passed over it more or less completely.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  12. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    I'm indifferent. Good designs, good show. But if it has to go, then so be it.

13. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I first saw the designs and I had a pretty big WTF moment. The designs were a little funky. The show is pretty average. I like it for the Transformers, but the plots are pretty typical cartoon stuff (which sticks out a bit more now that I'm older :D ). The toys, I'm not too sold on. They just don't seem that complex. Maybe I'll have to get a couple more, but they didn't feel like a challenge to really mess around with.

*shrug* More Transformers is always good :D 

14. Darkscreamer785

Darkscreamer785 Waiting For The End

When I first saw the designs, my natural reaction was...well...just like nearly everyone else's. I hated them; however, I was going to give the show a chance (I loathed Cybertron's TV show so much, that I figured TFA couldn't be much worse).

Well, then that day came. I wasn't expecting much at all from it, so when I watched it I guess I was actually somewhat impressed. I hated the designs, the style, and Sari; but I thought the writing was pretty good, and liked the cast.

Ok so I liked the pilot, but as season 1 went on I really started to hate it fast. Every episode after the pilot was just one failure after another. I just felt so ridiculous watching it—it was just so kiddy, stupid, cliché, and it felt more like "just another kid’s show" than Transformers.

Now we’re at the two last episodes of season 1 (“Megatron Rising Parts 1 and 2”). I can remember thinking to myself, “This better be good,”—I mean, they screwed an entire season; the least they could do was redeem themselves. Anyways, I watch it, and liked it allot; but not enough to have a positive attitude toward the show all together.

Season 2: Well, there’s no doubt about it, season 2 beat the crap out of season 1. I actually liked TFA allot for a while there (believe it, or not). Yeah it had a few episodes that I didn’t like, but in the end there were more good episodes than bad ones.

Ok, after saying that, it would seem like I should like TFA more than I do; however, there are a few factors that play a bigger role in this:

1. At first I liked the cast (even though they were cliché), but as the show went on I slowly started to just…um…not like them…so much…anymore (very bad wording right there); never to the point of hating them or anything. Basically, I just didn’t care about what happened to the characters.

2. I just never liked the “feel” to it. Even the episodes that I liked always felt so kiddy. The plots, the situations, EVERYTHING about it just felt like “another kids show.”

If I had time I’d probably be able to think of more.

Anyways, it doesn’t take a brain to know that I don’t like TFA, and just want the end to come as soon as possible.

15. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    loved it for the stylized designs
    loved the show
    amazed at the level of show accurateness of the toys
    still love it, it has something bayformers won't, characterization, i will own the bayformers movie, and ps3 game, but no toys for me, i have 100 of the first ones, and will never fiddle with them again

16. JKahn913

JKahn913 Bunch of Mooncalves

I liked the show at first. But I became disenchanted with the show's lack of original characters.

17. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Initially, i thought the cartoon would be a bit too 'kiddy' for me but it grew on me.
    Perhaps i'm actually more 'kiddy' than i expected.

I still don't own any of the toys though. Leader Class Bulkhead has been languishing on clearance for months.. as much as it tempts me, i can't pull the trigger.

18. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Loved it from the first bit of it we have seen until they finished season 2.

Then I got out of collecting for a while and it went off the air so my interest dwindled.

Now I feel I am right back where I was.

19. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    I get how people don`t like TFA, but I seriously don`t get how they don`t like the toys. They are some of the best TF ever

20. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

The first little image for it was funky, I kinda was a little quizzical. But seeing it in action it worked and I love it, sad to see it go.

The toys are some of the best I've seen in a long time as well. I don't think I've seen this much accuracy on most of them to the show in a while. All the time still having a good amount of posability.