How has your opinion of Animated changed over it's run?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Sage o' G-fruit, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    What it says. I used to think it was a piece of junk, now I can't imagine life without it. I go into a seizure whenever new Animated toys hit my stores, and I'm crushed that the show is cancelled, with no word as to the toyline's fate.

What about you? How have your opinions changed? :) 

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

When it was still TF: Heroes (the name prior to Animated), I thought it would suck more than energon and Cybertron Combined (and that's a lot of suckage). However, I started to get a better idea of the show when I won a Lockdown at Botcon 2008 (I'd entered the raffle without really thinking about it, it was sponsored by my favorite radio station) and learned how cool he was (I'm lucky I didn't break the damn hands off though!:lol ). Now I'm glad that I have that signed Animated DVD ad poster hanging in my room, and CN's role in getting this beautiful show canned only makes me hate the new shows even more (TF:A is going out in favor of crap like Chowder, which is a horrible, pointless and not very funny show at all!)

3. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

when I first saw artwork of the show I was like
    "WAT"
    I couldn't believe they were making a TF show in that psuedo-anime teen titans crap.
    I also thought the toys looked ridiculous too.
    Then I saw some pics of the toys in better detail and how fun they were to play with.
    I caved in and bought Blurr. I was hooked on the toys from then on, and made it a goal to get every single character.
    Afterwards, I decided to sit down and watch the show, and lol and behold it was a transformer fans dream. G1 homages, beast war homages, oh so much more. Well written and fun to watch. It has it's faults, but then again so do almost all other programs.
    TF:A has been a really good thing for Transformers. Maybe not AS big as the movie and not universally loved, but it's undeniable it's helped a lot of fans re-acquaint themselves with the series. Not to mention bring new fans in. I hadn't bought a single transformer since the 2007 movie figs beforehand.
    Here's hoping some good things come from it in the future. Even with it's pending cancellation.

I realize to each their own but...FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

4. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At first I was like what the f### is this?

Then it grew on me that one faithful Christmas day.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I was irked by the designs, but once I heard everybody saying how great it was, it got me interested in watching it. When I first watched it, I thought it was the most hilarious thing ever.

I find myself enjoying Animated, and was hoping for it to last. Now I have better catch up on collecting the toys before they go bye-bye.

6. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

Always liked the concept and design, but the toys made me realize I have to get every character.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    My reaction to Animated when its concepts and character designs were first publicized was not one of hostility, but one of interest and curiosity. I was most eager to see how this new take on Transformers would unfold. When the cartoon and toyline finally made their proper debut, I was blown away. My love for Animated has done nothing but grow throughout its run, and I feel that it's the best Transformers franchise we've had in years.

8. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    When I first saw the promo poster, I was nervous, but planned to reserve judgement when I heard who the writers were and what direction they were taking. Then I watched the 3 part opener, and was hooked. Then I bought Lockdown and Cyb. Prime and was hooked even more. Now I love it and MUST have every character, even though I'm so behind (don't have Swoop, Sentinel, Waspinator, Swindle, Blurr, Starscream, Skywarp, Ultra Magnus and Bulkhead)

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My first reaction upon seeing promotional stuff and footage at Botcon '07 was "awesome, awesome, awesome". Once I actually saw the show, I was EXTREMELY disappointed that it was targeted at such a young audience and stopped watching it almost immediately. When the DVDs came out, I watched both seasons all together and really enjoyed them.

Don't care for the look of the toys at all and it's the first TF toy line I've skipped, but I've definitely come to really appreciate the quality of the show.

10. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Started very low, went up to moderate during the Botcon '07 showings and prototypes, went down to moderately low during the first 7 eps or so of Season 1, went to high as the rest of the show up to the present aired, shot up to dangerous levels when the P.O.K.E. became official and I found out how much of a TF geek Wyatt is. (Mainframe? Highbrow? Grandus? SERIOUSLY!?)

Still, as far as the overall aesthetic goes, as much as I like 'em (especially LUGNUT!), I still have to say I like the movie look a little better.

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    that first picture of optimus prime drawn almost like Samurai Jack made me say "huh?" so i waited around, and loved everything. everything but that one picture, cause i like Transformers, but not Samurai Jack.

12. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

My first thought was how terrible of an idea it would be. Then I saw the designs and became even more enraged at the idea of it and never wanted it to make it past the design/planning phase.

I saw the toys in the BC pics and about had to kick my monitor off of it's stand.

I decided that I'd watch the pilot movie just to see how terrible it was. Hah, how wrong I was, because not only was it excellent, it was better than the Bayverse (and I like the Bayverse!)

I watched more and more of it, and when I saw Ratchet in proto pics....I was sold on the entire line. (Ratchet still wows, he never lost his wowfactor even to this day, just a great figure.)

I had to have them all, became almost rabid if you will.

Now...I can't imagine what it's going to be like without them, they completely reinvented my love for TFs, period.

:(  Just thinking about them not being around anymore makes me a terribly sad panda. I'm just hoping that Universe gives us some Animated treats.

13. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Haha. I thought it was just going to be a cheesy little kids show with stupid one-episode plot lines, so I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least. I think this show is so awesome, and I would have nothing to obsess about without it. I'm so sad just thinking about it ending... and it's final season hasn't even started yet!

I love this show.... and now I'm along with all the rest of us anticipating and loving every bit of it.

14. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I actually had somewhat high hopes from the start. Even with the odd character designs that first surfaced (if there's one thing that Beast Machines taught me, it's that odd/ugly character designs don't mean shit if the writing is good). I also knew that NOTHING could be as bad as the A/E/C trilogy. Nothing. (Except more of that anime garbage xD)

So I've liked it since the beginning. I'm just so sad it's being cancelled, but at least it got more seasons than Beast Machines did and as many as Beast Wars

15. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The Same Voice Actor who play Jack also plays Jazz in Animated.

16. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

I was a little skeptical when I first saw the promo poster. But I quickly dropped any reservations when I heard Hasbro talking up the show at BotCon. Even before it premiered, they were bragging about how Animated would mark a return to character-driven stories. How the show would be fun to watch. Then Hasbro revealed toys would have 90% show accuracy, which I found absolutely astonishing, given the design aesthetic. I could hear Hasbro's enthusiasm, and I recognized that it wasn't merely empty marketing BS. They really believed in the quality of the product they were about to unveil.

The cartoon debuted, and my expectations were met. For the first time in years, I actually looked forward to a Transformers cartoon. I wasn't watching it out of obligation or morbid curiosity. My kids found the show enjoyable, and I couldn't wait for more. Once the Elite Guard and Omega Supreme showed up, I was hooked hardcore. This was a show made by fans of Transformers, who also happened to be damn good writers. I started buying toys of all the show-characters.

Now, the toys have been hit and miss for me. Some of the product has been truly awful. Voyager Megatron is one of the worst TF figures in years. And some of the first-wave figures really disappointed me because of shoddy QC and overly-fragile construction. But.... future figures showed improvement. Leader Megatron is one of the best modern TF figures. And toys like Blurr and Swindle are pure joy. It is frustrating to me that Hasbro is making brand-new figures of movie figures like Bumblebee, Prime, and Ironhide for ROTF, which look pretty much the same as the first versions, but required all-new tooling. And on the other hand, there are more than a dozen key characters from TFA that will probably never ever be made into toys. No fair.

So my opinion has gone from one of suspicious curiosity to genuine excitement. This is a series that we as fans should celebrate. Derek Wyatt and Marty Isenberg crafted a truly wondrous world that was unique unto itself and yet paid respect to eras of Transformers that preceded it. A shame that it has been shut down so soon. But I am grateful that I was able to enjoy the ride while it lasted.

17. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

Don't forget Powell :D 

18. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

Phil LaMarr, also known for Vamp from Metal Gear Solid, Static from Static Shock, Green Lantern in Justice League and more.

That right there is one of the reasons why this show is so great; The fantastic voice acting. To name a few we've got such great names like Tom Kenny, David Kaye, Corey Burton, Phil LaMarr, Weird Al Yankovich, George Takei, and so much more. Easily one of the best voice casts in any cartoon, pretty much ever.

19. Trailer Prime

Trailer Prime Member

After the "ok" run of Transformers: Armada, the so-so of Transformers: Energon, and the horrible run of Transformers: Cybertron my hopes were low.

I didn't like the toys, but tried the show.

It blew me away and now its my fav, the toy of Black Arachina warmed me up to some of the others. The Headmaster is so cool!

20. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

I liked his design and demeanor too. but all that "OWNAGE!" and "N00B!" stuff was a little over the top for me.

I kinda liked Angry Archer as far as the villains go. His interactions with Wreck-Gar were looney-tune grade hilarity. :)