How hard is it to find a black roof G1 bluestreak??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Red leader, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    I know there was a rare blue sided streak but I was wondering how hard it is to find the black roof/bonnet streak and how much I should pay? any advice would be cool!

cheers

Andy :) 

2. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Far as I know, the only G1-toon accurate black hooded Bluestreak is the E-Hobby reissue... and there's still no proof of a 'blue' Bluestreak in a G1 box.

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

What he said. I think the blue Bluestreak was a just a Diaclone fig, and while it was probably originally intended to be released in that form (hence the artwork), it's never been seen in Bluestreak packaging.
    The black roof was never done either till e-Hobby finally decided to.

4. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

No sir. The silver/black and blue/silver were both Diaclones. Blue gets all the attention b/c of the box and catalog pics, while the silver/black was clearly the inspiration for the cartoon. The all-silver was derived from the latter and is TF-specific.

For some reason, E-hobby decided to redo the anime silver/black when they were on their Diaclone kick. I have one and I like it and all, but God damn, I would have preferred the blue.

As for rarity and such...I think I've seen more blue than silver/black. :sly2:  Might be better off just getting the E-hobby, which'll only run you $60-70ish.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  5. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the "Blue" Bluestreak was a Diaclone figure but I have never seen one other than pictures online. The silver and silver/black Bluestreak figures were also Diaclone. The silver one was shown as the figure for G1 in terms of actual figures but the blue one stayed in as boxart and catalog art.

The silver/black one never showed up in G1 until E-hobby did it in 2002 (I believe). In terms of finding it, sometimes you have to be very patient and it might show up on e-bay or BBTS. I got mine through BBTS and I spent $75 for it. I got a 2nd one for a friend and spent $35 for it on e-bay.

6. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Gotcha, thanks. I don't think I'd seen the black version before. I shall consider myself schooled. :) 

Well, e-Hobby do like their cartoon homages (Sunstorm, Road Hauler, Sentinel robot and all), and a lot of people do take cartoon as canon over all else. I suppose it makes more sense than catering to the (I imagine relatively small) number of "blue Bluestreak" fans, since that was only ever from the toy box art and catalogues.