How good your is car stereo system?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Starscream600, Dec 29, 2011.

1. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    I still rock the tape deck. I drive a 2005 Honda CRV. :lol 

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No WAY did a tape deck come in an '05?

3. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Maybe it's custom

4. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

Man I have '94 Accord. I'm surprised there isn't anything else wrong with the sound system in it.

5. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My car's an 04, and other models came with it. Actually, I think mine was a rare exception that didn't haha.

6. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you stop? No, you just drove by and kept on?
    Pursuin to the next stop, u bust a left and Ya headin for the next block,
    The block waa dead yo, so u continue to,
    A 1 A, BEACHFRONT AVENUE.

7. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    my last car (96 Neon) had 4 speakers (2 Clarions and 2 Dual Audios) and the head unit (pioneer) but that was it. it could really get some interior bass goin though. kinda funny the setup became worth more than the car as I went on lol

my current car (93 Lebaron) has the same head unit from the neon but runs on 3 stock speakers (bad wire in my harness when I pulled it out of my old one) I hope to get that fixed and get some nice speakers again though, I hate not having any bass whatsoever in my music

im not about all the flashy shit I could care less I just wanna make it sound good and have some bass to go along with it

8. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Yep, it was standard. Even have a place to put tapes if I had them but I use it for storage. I have a CD player but rarely use it. I just get the tape connector for my MP3 player. :lol 

9. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    My current car (010 Elantra) has the stock stereo. Its fine for me. Took me a couple weeks to get it tuned properly, but now it works good whether I use CD or iPod (or cell phone). The XM sounded like crap except for the rap stations. I believe my settings are 10, 7, 2 for all three modes. I had to change the iPod to use the Jazz eq setting (in my old car it was off since that one had an analog b/t) and volume lock at 70%. I rarely get the stereo volume over 6, as 7 is enough to probably cause a noise ordinance ticket.

One of my old cars (90 Horizon) had a custom 1000 watt system in there I peice-mealed from home theater equipment. It used a power inverter and a 2.2.1 setup. The rear channel I ran speaker wire into the hatchback and used bookshelf speakers. I blew the first subwoofer on it and had to replace it. So supposedly it wasn't 1000w, although the common complaint of passengers was that they couldn't hear the words in the songs. That subwoofer ended up dying years later after I repurposed it back to being hooked up to a TV again. I had torn it totally apart and tossed the housing and the speaker, and rebuilt it into a much larger subwoofer which is on my TV at home now.

10. gil

gil Godmaster

Car: 1995 GMC Sierra
    Deck: JVC Arsenal KD-A815
    Front Stage Speakers: Rainbow SAC 265.25
    Front Stage Amp: Sundown SAX 125.2
    Sub Stage Woofers: 12" Ascendant Audio Havoc (waiting on the second)
    Sub Stage Amps: (2)Sundown SAZ 1500D Strapped (currently running at 4 ohm for 1500Watts, but once the second sub get's in, I'll run it at 2 ohm at 3000watts)
    Electrical: Mechman 270A Alternator, Kinetik KHC1800(under hood), Kinetik KHC2400 (in the bed), and the Big 3 with 0/1 gauge wires

11. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    My grandfather's 09 Lexus has a tape deck. My parents' cars have touch screen radio... screen-thingies.[/technologically impaired]

12. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Manufacturers do this for two reasons:
    1) Older customers
    2) So they can charge for the "upgrade"

About 7 years ago my radio/tape player was stolen out of my car. Since I lived down the street from the police station I figured I'd stop there on the way to work and report it. The officer came out, looked at the hole in the dash, pulled out his notebook and asked me what type of CD player I had in the car.

"It was a tape player actually."

He flipped the notebook closed. "We'll let you know if we hear anything," he remarked as he turned and walked away.

13. DeathAnghell

DeathAnghell Beast Wars!

I've got two JL 12" W1's in a ported box powered by an Alpine MRP-M500 amp in my old school Lexus. I've also got a Pioneer touch screen headunit with a Parking Brake Bypass, a PS2 slim and an iPod hooked up to it. I've got a four channel amp to replace the factory one. I just need some speakers to go with it.

The subs and amp came out of my Chrysler 300 and are just a temporary fix until I get nicer stuff in the next few months. I'll post some pics later. The subs are loud, but I'm not a fan of how they sound at low volumes. The headunit is pretty cool and it's always fun to play video games or watch movies on.

14. DeathAnghell

DeathAnghell Beast Wars!

If I recall correctly, the Lexus SC430's from 2002 to 2010 still had cassette players. Most of the pre-2006 Lexus sedans had them too.

15. wgoodman

wgoodman Big Bot

I drive a 2007 Altima that has the factory Bose system in it. I added one 10 inch sub in the trunk because it had no bass before.

16. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I cant say my little roadster (maita to our US readers) has much just the factory speakers but with a Pioneer head unit (sony unit it came with had a crapped out lcd screen)

17. racbgar

racbgar Well-Known Member

I have a '00 Dodge Stratus with a cassette player kinda sucks cuz i only have like 4-5 cassettes I would like to get a cd player installed but i need to get a solid job first. so until then i am stuck with the crappy cassette player that doesn't work during the winter cuz of the cold.

18. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Alpine IDA-X305s with 2 Kenwood 10" Subs and a Kenwood 1000W Class D Amp Powering them. They are keeping me company in my Driver at the moment (PT Cruiser) but will be going in my 62 Beetle when It's done.

Mid-2000's Chrysler Mini-Vans has a Double Din CD and Cassette Player

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  19. DeathAnghell

DeathAnghell Beast Wars!

That's correct! My step-dad has an 03 Town & Country that had a cassette player in addition to the six disc CD changer.

20. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    My Mom had 3 different Town and Country's over that time span and they all had the single CD and Tape deck in the main unit

[​IMG]