How good/bad is BBTS with their preorder listings for 3rd Party products?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I just wanted to get your opinion on how bad BBTS is with their 3rd party products pre order. Do they just throw stuff on preorder and keep it up there forever, or is their timing pretty good.

Here is what scares me. They show the Igear trailers for Pre-Order coming in this month. We all know these things are not really being released this month if they ever get released:

IG-TF004A New Original Color Trailer For MP-01 - Transformers Masterpiece Masterpiece

Now I have had the TFC-004 Gear of War Accessory Set on pre order forever now. It shows as coming in Q1, however, I just want to make sure it actually comes in.

TFC-004 Gear of War Accessory Set - Transformers Classics Accessories

I also want to pre-order the Quintessons, but I have seen them on pre-order for like 3 months now. They are also another item showing April 2011, but I feel like it said March 2011 a week ago.

I am doing these preorders so I can build a POL. I am just wondering if I am being foolish. I can get both the TFC-004 and the Quintessons elsewhere at the moment for a higher price (about $30 in total). Should I wait it out, or does BBTS suck with their preorder info?

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    They'll update the listings more as they get more info from the company. It happens all the time. It'll all of a sudden say your month then boom: Your card's charged.

3. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I am just worried the other places that have this stuff will sell out, and BBTS will never get in the preorders. So I am torn on what to do.

4. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Its not really anything to do with BBTS. It has more to do with the company making the product. I've never had a problem with them concerning this.

5. Alucard77

News Credits:
    The other reason I ask is because TFSource shows those trailers as indefinitely delayed

6. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

they are correct.

7. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^^

Yeah, BBTS release dates are just estimates so I wouldn't put that much faith into them. Also, that trailer preorder will probably never even show up! I thought igear canned their trailer to work on the coneheads?

8. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Yeah, that is why I am wondering on these preorders. I thought the trailers were canned too. So if the trailers are there, and they are canned, are the items going to really show? Or have they been canned as well and BBTS never took it off?

9. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

No one knows for sure if they were canned. Its still a small possibility. Its just on the way back burner I think.

10. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

In my experience, BBTS is one of the best TF import services out there.

They are expensive. Thats a fact...

But well worth the money for product, saftey and tracking...

3rd party stuff has always been late. FP, Knight Morpher, etc. Sometimes a month or two late. But thats not thier fault, its the manufacturer...

11. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

I would argue that BBTS is the best online toy/collectible store when it comes to pre-ordering and estimating the arrival date and shipment size. They are true professionals.

12. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

I seem to have the best luck with BBTS preorders. TFSource seems to always have issues with my orders. That being said, I think BBTS has the WORST website. The organization and layout are just balls IMO.

13. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I've had excellent luck with BBTS. My Knight Morpher Annihilator came in on time and shipped shortly after, as well as any FP releases. I do, however, remember not being able to get the Hardhead upgrade set from them and having to buy it from TFSource. BBTS ended up getting it months late. I kinda believe that it wasn't their fault though.

14. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can leave BBTS's preorder. If another company gets the item in then BBTS will usually get at the same time or just a little later. I've never heard of another company getting an item and then BBTS not getting it. If for some reason BBTS is majorly delayed you can just cancel the BBTS preorder and buy from the other company.

15. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    BBTS tends to under-estimate the time it'll take for something to arrive at their warehouse, from my experience. Though often times this can, of course, be attributed to manufacturer delays. Especially for third-party products, add a month or two from the "expected arrival date" when the preorder first goes up and you have a more realistic idea of when it'll arrive.